Queen Máxima as UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services 1: 2009 - Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maxima is all over the place these days! only at the start of the month she was also in asia visiting japan and south korea, and now she's back to china on a working visit...

As special advocate of the UN Secretary General's for inclusive finance for development and in her capacity as a member of Dutch Committee for Entrepreneurship and Finance Queen Máxima has made two working visits to the Qredits foundation in Almelo and to the Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH) in Utrecht today, December 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Is it the first time that HM is at the WEF in Davos? I can't remember that she went before. What reason is given for her attendance? The main purpose of the WEF seems networking and not much else.

A photo from yesterday: Bernard J.Tyson, CEO Discussed world health w/ Queen Maxima of the Netherlands at #WEF2015 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7_OmimCIAANwFM.jpg

Queen Maxima today: Marc Van Ameringen Queen Maxima of Netherlands says inclusive financing critical for food security @newvisionforag @DutchMFA #wef2015 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8B2P2RIMAE__vb.jpg

Alec Oxenford Impressive work in Financial Inclusion for the poor from HRH Queen Maxima from the Netherlands! Un… http://instagram.com/p/yNOjnMtZCo/

Last edited:

Queen Máxima in her role as UN Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development gave a speech at the GSMA Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona, Spain, today, March 2nd. King Felipe was present as well, he opened the congress.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

how exciting that maxima met with felipe!
i wonder if her speech was in spanish this time. :)

When it is in the framework of the UN or the Orange Fund, then the Queen dresses visibly 'down', with messy hair et al. She does not want to be portrayed as "The Queen" but as "UN-representant" but that is a lost battle. She is and remains the Queen anyway. I would advise her to keep up her appearances as Queen, even when she is not representing the kingdom of the Netherlands.

On March 25 Queen Máxima as Special Advocate of the Secretary-General of the UN for Inclusive Finance for Development and as Honorary President of Platform Wiser in Money Matters has attended a working dinner on the importance of financial education in Europe in Brussels:

** Pic ** koninklijkhuis.nl ** translation **

I recognise Minister Dijsselbloem (Finance) and former Foreign Affairs minister Timmermans (now vice president of the European Commission) and Klaas Knot, the president of the Dutch Bank. The others must be other EU hot shots.

The Royal family was not complete at the dinner table tonight, because Queen Máxima dined in Brussels with European administrators, policy makers and representatives from the financial sector.

Queen Maxima dining in Brussels

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Máxima in her role as Special Advocate of the Secretary-General of the UN for Inclusive Finance for Development has started a three-day visit to Myanmar today, March 30.

The visit follows an invitation of the government of Myanmar, it started in Yangon today, where Máxima held talks with representatives of banks, microfinance institutions and telecom providers.

Tomorrow she will deliver a speech at the University of Yangon and will visit local entrepreneurs. The final day is dedicated to the launch of the Financial Inclusion Roadmap in the capital Nay Pyi Taw.

** anp gallery ** refdag.nl gallery: Máxima voor VN drie dagen in Myanmar (fotoserie) ** royalista.com article **

Last edited:
Day 2 in Myanmar, Queen Maxima at the University of Yangon

ANP gallery ** Picture

More from day 2, seems like her agenda is packed with events.

Queen Maxima visits a local market where sellers got a loan microfinance to support their business Queen Maxima visits in its capacity as special advocate of the Secretary-General of the United Nations for inclusive finance for development (inclusive finance for development) Myanmar on Monday, March 30 to Wednesday, April 1st, 2015.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
ANP pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 3 and the last day of the visit, Queen Maxima in the Presidential Palace received by Myanmar President U Thein Sein (M) and his wife Daw Khin Khin Win (L). Queen Maxima visit Myanmar in its function as a special advocate of the Secretary-General of the United Nations.

ANP gallery ** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

Queen Máxima spent Monday / Wednesday a three-day visit to Myanmar, as a special advocate of the Secretary-General of the United Nations. Her visit consisted of many conversations, discussions, meetings and visit a market.

Queen Máxima visits Myanmar

In her role as Special Advocate of the Secretary-General of the UN for Inclusive Finance for Development Queen Máxima attended parts of the spring meetings of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund in Washington D.C. on April 16 and 17.

Today, April 17, she attended the meeting 'Universal Financial Access 2020':

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery ** anp gallery **

The stamina of this globetrotter is beyond belief. On the same day as "Copenhagen" and directly after it the Queen had engagements in the Netherlands. Now she is again at the other side of the world. In the meantime she is a mother and a spouse. Unbelievable.

What Dutch engagements had HM between Copenhagen and Washington? It seems that we missed it as I can not find it on the website of the RF. I suppose she musn't be the only one who travels with this frequency.

I was mistaken by the timeline of pictures on the site of a press agency. The Queen visited a foodbank project in Amersfoort, the King's Day Concert in Dordrecht, went to Copenhagen, visited a NCO/NWO-symposium in Utrecht and then went to the IMF/UN in the United States. Now it seems the pictures of the symposium in Utrecht was placed after the photo-stream from Copenhagen but actually happened a few days earlier. I missed that news, I stand corrected.

Queen Maxima is currently in New York.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/agenda...ima-bezoekt-new-york-in-kader-van-vn-functie/ ** Google Translate

Karel van Oosterom ‏@KvanOosterom Queen Maxima discusses her work as UN Envoy for financial inclusion for development with DSG UN Jan Eliasson. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGq273CXEAAXMq5.jpg

Karel van Oosterom ‏@KvanOosterom Queen Maxima as SGUN Envoy: "Providing access to financial services key enabler for sustainable development." https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGqg8A4VAAETgBk.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom