Queen Máxima as UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services 1: 2009 - Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
Tonight HRH will leave for New York to attend meetings at the UN HQ with SG BAN Ki Moon on
monday on inclusive financial services and the Princess will speech at the annual Clinton Global Initiative on tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
back to new york! they just came from there, busy, busy, busy!

ANP Beeldbank Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon (R) meets with Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands on September 21, 2009 at the United Nations in New York.

The Princess has been appointed as the UN Secretary-Generals's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development,
as was announced by the dutch PM yesterday.

The Princess will not only advice the SG but also will travel the globe extensively on behalve of th UN to
promote the use of inclusive financial services.
HRH will speech as the SA of the UN SG tonight during the annual Clinton Initiative meeting

I think it is fantastic that she has the opportunity to use her talents & knowledge to such extend,
and,a nice side effect,prestige for The Netherlands.Nuestra chica latina,We are proud of her!

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=30102

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=30104

http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?mailingid=15168&flush=1

courtesy Royalimages.

Last edited:
Newspaper Telegraf has the new UN job of the princess as the main headline on their cover. Apparently she will try to make financial services more accesible for everybody, esp. in developing countries. The newspaper will have an interview with the princess tomorrow btw (on this topic).

Interesting to see that the princess takes on a new UN job, does anybody know if she is installed for a limited amount of years? I thought that after the last one she said it was nice to focus more on the Netherlands and on her family.

Great for her.
The Netherlander's must be very proud of her.

Oh yes,this is about a little faux pas by the Clintons,or at least their website as they have placed a picture
of former New Zealand PM Helen Clark as that of being our Princess Máxima.....:whistling:

Among the impressive list of guests to attend the Clinton Global Initiative tonight is,ofcourse,President Barack Obama,
Al Gore,TRH CP Haakon and Mette Marit,Princess Christina of Spain,Queen Rania,Brad Pitt,Ricky Martin,Barbra Streisand etc etc...

The speech by HRH will be posted here asap.:)

Good to see Maxima getting a position such as this. She has been quite active in the field even after she got married which was really good IMO.
Im not too sure how she will manage to be an advisor while back home, I always thought such positions would require her to be in New York, it will be interesting to see, maybe more visits to New York.

Last edited:
Oh yes,this is about a little faux pas by the Clintons,or at least their website as they have placed a picture
of former New Zealand PM Helen Clark as that of being our Princess Máxima.....:whistling:

Among the impressive list of guests to attend the Clinton Global Initiative tonight is,ofcourse,President Barack Obama,
Al Gore,TRH CP Haakon and Mette Marit,Princess Christina of Spain,Queen Rania,Brad Pitt,Ricky Martin,Barbra Streisand etc etc...

The speech by HRH will be posted here asap.:)

Haakon and Mette-Marit will be in Hungary tonight.

Good to see Maxima getting a position such as this. She has been quite active in the field even after she got married which was really good IMO.
Im not too sure how she will manage to be an advisor while back home, I always thought such positions would require her to be in New York, it will be interesting to see, maybe more visits to New York.

She hardly has to go to New York to promote inclusive financial services,allthough Wall Street and some bankers are in need of some sound & solid advice and,as many have too much of an air again,would need someone to clabber these s***eating grins of their selfindulgent faces,yes,but other then that NYC thrives on money it doesn't own..:p.No,the work she does is done globally and maybe NYC two or three times a year to discuss matters in meetings with the SG personally,but other then that,there's the phone,pc and other satellite connected possibilities for direct talks on urgent matters.It's not a regular 9 to 5 office job that can only be done from an office at the UN HQ,besides,more and more people work from home,regardless where their companies HQ is,as I said,her work is global,so we will find her flying all over on scheduled flights the next year or so,at last one year tho.The Princess will have a very tight schedule,her being a mother of three,her work at home and the work for the UN,it's going to be tough for her,but a challenge she couldn't possibly have rejected,and she didn't say yes instantly either knowing the consequences of being away from home very often and her role here as wife,mother and HRH Princess of The Netherlands.

Haakon and Mette-Marit will be in Hungary tonight.

Oh thank you Guido,they were mentioned on the Clinton Global Initiative as well,as is Infanta Christina,
but maybe that's a mistake as well,the guestlist has several of 'm,mistakes that is.:whistling:.

I think that WA definately has made the right choise of wife.

Oh thank you Guido,they were mentioned on the Clinton Global Initiative as well,as is Infanta Christina,
but maybe that's a mistake as well,the guestlist has several of 'm,mistakes that is.:whistling:.

According to the royal family official website, Haakon and Mette-Marit should be in Hungary tonight.

kongehuset.no - DD.KK.HH. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen til Ungarn

They will join Clinton Global Initiative on 24-25 September.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=993876&postcount=1

http://www.kongehuset.no/c26946/kalenderpost/liste.html?strukt_tid=26946

How Proud of P Maxima the Dutch must be. I must say I think I will award myself an 'honorary Dutchman' so as to be proud of my Princess Maxima!!!She really is a true leader!

First speech by HRH in her new function as Secretary General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance
at the annual Clinton Global Initiative Finance Dinner last night:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Congratulations to Princess Maxima! This is a wonderful opportunity, and the Princess will make an excellent Special Advocate. She brings extensive knowledge and diplomatic skills to this position with her. She is truly qualified, and I believe that she will do an incredible job.

I am so disappointed to hear that the Clintons' website featured the wrong person on their website when they were attempting to list a photo of Maxima. :bang: Hopefully, this has been fixed.

Audio for speech in NY?

Is there an audio/video clip for Princess Maxima's speech at the Clinton Global Initiative last night?

Congratulations to Princess Maxima on this great honor! Despite her busy life with the children and all her other duties, she is still interested in helping others who are less fortunate try to improve their lives, and that is very admirable.:flowers:

Congratulations to Princess Maxima! The Dutch people and her husband, Prince Willem-Alexander must be very proud of her!:flowers:

Congratulations to her!!!! I wonder how she manage all this extra work with her duties as Princes and with her kids, i really admire her!

A big congratulations to Princess Maxima! All the best to her in this new position. :clap:

What an incredibly accomplished and talented woman. The fact that she is the Crown Princess of the Netherlands must fill every citizen with such pride that a Princess who has worked so hard to be Dutch is also internationally recognised and appointed a UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services.

Wow! Heady stuff indeed. :cool:

I am very much impressed by the work of Princess Maxima. It is great to see the European crown princesses like Maxima and Mette-Marit step out of the shadow of their husbands and create a profile of their own. For Maxima, as a former banker, this must feel almost like back-to-work in what she really was educated and trained. She must feel very honored that the UN has appointed her this role. Of course it will be not like a daily 9 to 5 job. She can use her experiences from her former banker job and her now princess job where travels a lot and meets lots of people from different countries and backgrounds. This way she will hopefully be a very helpful advisor the the Secretary General. Hopefully we will be hearing a lot from her promoting this matter in the future. I also do like idea that she and Mette-Marit and/or other royals stand up united for the same cause. Hope that they will work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom