Queen Máxima and Microfinance / Financial Inclusion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marengo said:
She writes her speeches herself (the princess has a financial background), though helped by some members of her staff (we can only guess to what extent).
This woman continues to impress me. From reading the speech, it is clear to me, indeed, that she has a heavy hand in her own speeches. This speech is exceptionally well done, explaining a very complex set of concepts in a ready-t-grok way for both sophisticated audiences and laymen as well. I do think she most likely gets professional help with the actual writing of them, in this case most likely from one of the speech writers at the UN. She probably conveys what she wants to talk about and probably writes a draft of some sort and then a pro either crafts the speech or/and edits it.

What a great speech of Máxima! It's always such a pleasure to read smart speeches from Royals. Thanks Marengo for posting it.

She looks great in black...but, yes, I must admit that her hair was a complete mess! :ROFLMAO:

I loved the speech. She is very bright, like Prince Willem himself.

Vanesa.

I strongly believe she is completely able to write that speech for herself. I think the hair being informal softens the outfit and the presentation :)

Princess Emma said:
I strongly believe she is completely able to write that speech for herself. I think the hair being informal softens the outfit and the presentation :)
Whether or not she is able, most likely she doesn't write her own speeches. Most people in her role--ministers, presidents, princes, you name it-- don't. The queen doesn't. Most CEO's and other honcho's don't. The reason is simple: time is these ultra-busy people's enemy. They simply don't have the time. Speech writing is a profession in itself, it takes a looooot of time & work to write a speech that is as informative and relevant and professional and appropriate as it is the opposite of sleep inducing. Just because it presents things in a clear and cohesive way, doesn't mean that crafting it is a simple and easy process. The opposite is true, hence most people on Maxima's level hire pro's or have pro's on their staff, to take care of this. She's most likely no exception.

I am not sure about that Olga. Even HM the Queen is very involved with her own speeches. Though she might not write all of them completely, I am sure that she is closely involved in the process She even is involved in the texts of the speech from the throne, which is little of her business anyway. And when it comes to her 'pet' topics like Europe, I think she takes even tighter control of the p[rocess, though always helped by experts (to cause no embarrasment or problems witht he goverment).

Marengo said:
I am not sure about that Olga. Even HM the Queen is very involved with her own speeches. Though she might not write all of them completely, I am sure that she is closely involved in the process She even is involved in the texts of the speech from the throne, which is little of her business anyway. And when it comes to her 'pet' topics like Europe, I think she takes even tighter control of the p[rocess, though always helped by experts (to cause no embarrasment or problems witht he goverment).

HM does write her own speeches,except the Speech from the Throne ofcourse,and if she interferes with it,it is to make the language used more understandeble to you,me and the rest of us as opposed to Haags bureaucratic language which is in general a lot of words saying nothing/having no particular meaning,let alone give us a clue as to what is intended...and SHE has to read the whole caboodle,rehearsing several times to get adjusted/used to the text.Her own speeches,ofcourse they'll have to be "approved" by the PM first,except the Christmas message.Same goes for Princess Máxima,she's "on top of it" especially concerning her pet interests,migration,micro-credit,economics etc.She's an expert in her own right in these fields herself,nobodies fool,and quite capable of putting her views on these matters on paper,maybe even better so then any "assistant".This "girl" ,our Máxima,knows what's she talking about.Very smart,highly intellectual,I sometimes wonder who of her "collegues" can/could top her.No pun intended.

lucien said:
She's an expert in her own right in these fields herself,nobodies fool,and quite capable of putting her views on these matters on paper,maybe even better so then any "assistant".This "girl" ,our Máxima,knows what's she talking about.Very smart,highly intellectual,I sometimes wonder who of her "collegues" can/could top her.No pun intended.

Indeed. Apart of being nice, elegant and lovely, Princess Máxima is also a rich academic and intellectual person. Frankly, I don't see any other Crown Princess with such intellectual development and depth of human understanding.

princess olga said:
Whether or not she is able, most likely she doesn't write her own speeches. Most people in her role--ministers, presidents, princes, you name it-- don't. The queen doesn't. Most CEO's and other honcho's don't. The reason is simple: time is these ultra-busy people's enemy. They simply don't have the time. Speech writing is a profession in itself, it takes a looooot of time & work to write a speech that is as informative and relevant and professional and appropriate as it is the opposite of sleep inducing. Just because it presents things in a clear and cohesive way, doesn't mean that crafting it is a simple and easy process. The opposite is true, hence most people on Maxima's level hire pro's or have pro's on their staff, to take care of this. She's most likely no exception.

Princess Olga, with all your respect I think, as many other guests here ,that both Her Majesty the Queen as well as CP Maxima do write their speeches or at least they convey their thoughts and wording to someone who puts it on paper. But they have the main role and not visceversa.

Princess Emma said:
Princess Olga, with all your respect I think, as many other guests here ,that both Her Majesty the Queen as well as CP Maxima do write their speeches or at least they convey their thoughts and wording to someone who puts it on paper. But they have the main role and not visceversa.
We don't disagree I think, what you're saying is what I meant: These people, be they Maxima, the Queen, or George Bush the Younger, don't do the actual <writing>, but as you said, they convey their thoughts to the professional who then writes it down on paper. And I didn't allocate a "main role" to anyone. It is well accepted that professionals do the actual writing re. speeches of people like the pope, the Queen of England, and yes, Maxima. Which for some people seems difficult to accept, but on the planet, <why>?!

Last edited:
She looks pretty!
And she also looks like she's getting down to business!

I like Maxima for she always seems to have a smile in her face and to enjoy her task very much.

Vanesa.

This is so cool because I work in Halifax and my company is one of the host companies. There are people coming to the office for the summit, maybe she will be one of them.

Maxima looked great on her visit to Amsterdam Zuid-Oost with secretary of state Karien van Gennip (Economic Affairs).. she is looking really good through this pregnancy.

kdc26 said:
This is so cool because I work in Halifax and my company is one of the host companies. There are people coming to the office for the summit, maybe she will be one of them.
Hope you will get to talk with her! :flowers:

CP Maxima looks lovely in red and floral shirts

Thank you Fanletizia!

I am LOVING the top! Great color, great fabric (can't really tell what's the design on fabric)...but it looks great on her!

It is a great look for her. Also, I agree with another poster that she is very natural in this setting. No wonder Willem-Alexander snapped her up. She also seems to have a nice, but not too close relationship with the Holland populace. Is this true for the more experienced royal watchers?

You are right there Vanesa, She always has her beautiful smiles.

CPss Maxima is here at my office today. She has a two or three body guards and I guess she looks really pretty. I am going to sneak downstairs in a bit to see if I can catch glimpse of her when they go on break. Very exciting day for me as I just love her.

kdc26 said:
CPss Maxima is here at my office today. She has a two or three body guards and I guess she looks really pretty. I am going to sneak downstairs in a bit to see if I can catch glimpse of her when they go on break. Very exciting day for me as I just love her.
You are soooo lucky. Thank you for shearing this with us.

I am just waiting for the receptionist to call me and let me know when they go on break. I am just about out of my mind with excitement. Never thought that I would get a chance to be this close to her.

Back
Top Bottom