Queen Máxima & Crown Princess Mary at World Conference of Women's Shelters: Nov 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
Queen Máxima & Crown Princess Mary at World Conference of Women's Shelters: Nov 2015

i see that maxima and mary have a joint act together next week! i always love joint engagements of several foreign royals. :)
however, with maxima being ill, i wonder if she will be able to come. maybe this agenda was released prior to her illness and has been revised?

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=39d6fee749e7d90b26febbaa64b5eefc&oe=56B89CFA

Queen Maxie seems to be a little better. However, I don't think standing on a balcony with the other Royal ladies in the cold November air would be a very good thing if you've had trouble with your kidneys.

i see that maxima and mary have a joint act together next week! i always love joint engagements of several foreign royals. :)
however, with maxima being ill, i wonder if she will be able to come. maybe this agenda was released prior to her illness and has been revised?

The programme for Mary's visit was published today (available also in English) and the joint event for Wednesday this week is still there:

Arrival at the conference
HM Queen Máxima and HRH The Crown Princess arrive at the World Forum.

i see that maxima and mary have a joint act together this week! i always love joint engagements of several foreign royals. :)

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=39d6fee749e7d90b26febbaa64b5eefc&oe=56B89CFA

The event was released a few weeks back. I guess if Maxima feels fine she will attend or attend one event with CP Mary. We will see in the next two days or so.

The event was released a few weeks back. I guess if Maxima feels fine she will attend or attend one event with CP Mary. We will see in the next two days or so.

Thursday is too soon!!Even sundays attendance in London would be way to soon in this case!Her kidneys got what we call here a "opdonder",and that's not a joke,it hurts,a lot.

Last edited:
There has been a tweet that Maxima met Mary at the airport yesterday. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
Twitter

and according to www.telegraaf.nl Maxima will attend her scheduled event today.

Last edited:
4-5 November 2015
HRH The Crown Princess visits The Netherlands.

Crown Princess Mary will participates in Global Network of Women's Shelters conference with the Mary Foundation in the Netherlands. The Crown Princess, in her role as chairman of The Mary Foundation, takes part in the conference. HM Queen Máxima of The Netherlands also participates in the conference.

Mary will tomorrow the 5th November also make a visit to The International Criminal Court’s new headquarters, which are designed by the Danish architecture firm, Schmidt Hammer Lassen.

Programme:

The Hague

HM Queen Máxima and HRH The Crown Princess arrive at the World Forum.

Attendance at panel discussion
The Crown Princess attends a panel discussion about economic independence for women.

Workshop
The Crown Princess takes part in a workshop about effective social and economic reintegration of women.

‘Brave Miss World’
The Crown Princess attends the showing of the film ‘Brave Miss World’.

The Crown Princess attends the panel discussion about sustainable financing and defence of women.

Thursday, 5 November

Visit at The International Criminal Court
The Crown Princess visits The International Criminal Court’s new headquarters, which are designed by the Danish architecture firm, Schmidt Hammer Lassen.

The Crown Princess arrives at the World Forum.

The Crown Princess gives the keynote speech and attends the panel discussion about strengthening global and regional networks.

And according to this tweet, Maxima met Mary at the airport
https://twitter.com/Rick_Evers/status/661635874925490176

How nice :flowers:

Now Mary and Maxima arrives for the conference already at 9.00 am today it makes good sense they Mary flew from Denmark already last night. Otherwise, she simple would have had to had been up very very early today.

HQ pictures from arriving:

Mary and Maxima, lovely duo :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1455048415_f527587e4aa7084d52243e404e060910
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b9edce9319ddd82b311a407bb0c61add&oe=56CE8CF9

According to BB Mary continued after the joint-event in the conference in her capacity as chairman of the Mary Foundation, where she will hold workshops and participate in panel discussions throughout the day.

Tomorrow, Mary will held a key note speech and participate in another panel discussion before going home to Denmark again.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/dronning-maxima-trodsede-sygdom-kronprinsesse-mary

Last edited by a moderator:
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima hold Crown Prince Frederik and -Princess Mary in the highest esteem. That became clear during the latest State Visit to Denmark when suddenly the Danish Crown Princely couple appeared with the highest civic Order in the Netherlands, usually only given to heads of state.

Picture.

HQ pictures from arriving:

Mary and Maxima, lovely duo :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1455048415_f527587e4aa7084d52243e404e060910
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b9edce9319ddd82b311a407bb0c61add&oe=56CE8CF9

According to BB Mary continued after the joint-event in the conference in her capacity as chairman of the Mary Foundation, where she will hold workshops and participate in panel discussions throughout the day.

Tomorrow, Mary will held a key note speech and participate in another panel discussion before going home to Denmark again.

Dronning Maxima trodsede sygdom for kronprinsesse Mary | BILLED-BLADET

I'm happy to see that Queen Maxima seems to have made a full recovery. Let's hope she can attend the Remembrance Day events in London on Sunday.

Last edited:
I just love that pretty pink coat.:wub: It's good to see Queen Máxima out and about again after her illness. :flowers:

Queen Maxima seems to have made a speedy recovery!! the dutch are right to be proud of her - not only she made it to the state banquet even when ill, she is also back at work only a few days after leaving hospital... and she's looking fab.

did mary stay the night at WA and maxima's residence?

Great to see H.M.Queen Máxima back after her recent bout of illness.

They both look amazing. They are my faves.......but not to be snarky but there is such sparkle in Max. Like I said. Love me some Mary. Just sayin'

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Maxima seems to have made a speedy recovery!! the dutch are right to be proud of her - not only she made it to the state banquet even when ill, she is also back at work only a few days after leaving hospital... and she's looking fab.

did mary stay the night at WA and maxima's residence?

I have no idea. Villa De Eikenhorst of course has room for guests, but when Crown Princess Mary travels with a Hofdame, a secretary and others, maybe guests appartments at Noordeinde Palace in The Hague have been prepared. These appartments have an office etc. so that the Crown Princess can receive her own guests, for an example. Here you see Noordeinde Palace from the rear (picture), much, much more spacious than when you stand in front of it (picture). Plenty of room for guests. This (old) picture shows is an example of such an appartment at Noordeinde Palace: a bedroom with adjacent a salon and of course a bathroom.

I have no idea. Villa De Eikenhorst of course has room for guests, but when Crown Princess Mary travels with a Hofdame, a secretary and others, maybe guests appartments at Noordeinde Palace in The Hague have been prepared.

The secretary is also the Hofdame, so one bed is enough for her. ;)
I don't know who else she would travel with.

Mary had several events at the conference today, but outside the program she and the Mary Foundation also (not listed in the programme at least) visited the crisis centre Rosa Manus in Leiden:

Pictures:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CS-zRAlUYAAcGsH.jpg:large
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=bab78fabca053442a0891fbbd71848c6&oe=56BFD5D2
https://instagram.com/p/9q20HJMtlT/?taken-by=billedbladet

Article and pictures
Kroonprinses Mary van Denemarken bezoekt vrouwenopvang Leiden - Leiden - dichtbij.nl - Groot-Leiden

Workshop about effective social and economic reintegration of women:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137448118@N06/22758203596/in/photostream/lightbox/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137448118@N06/22784192775/in/photostream/lightbox/

This is not a visit as 'the Crown Princess Mary', but more as Mary the Chairman together with her Mary Foundation as I see it. I always like Mary's commitment, she never just show up an hour, but participates extensively in the conferences and 'things' that are not listed in the programme.
A conference where the Mary Foundation will learn, share and tell about their projects and take new inspiration with them home to new projects.

Last edited:
The secretary is also the Hofdame, so one bed is enough for her. ;)
I don't know who else she would travel with.

Is Crown Princess Mary's Hofdame really also her secretary? I think that is an undesirable mix of two total different functions. Either you are a professional, experienced and high-skilled international secretary managing the agenda and the document flow of the Crown Princess or you are a Hofdame.

When I look at the particulier secretaris of Queen Máxima, Ms Gabriella Sancisi: she graduated at Bologna University (Italian language and literature) and at Leyden University (European Law), worked for an über-posh lawyers' firm and was deputy-Ambassador in Croatia and particulier secretaris of the Dutch Foreign Secretary before she accepted the well paid (around 11.123 Euro per month standard wage, plus 8% vacation payment, an End-of-Year bonus and a lease-car for free) position as particulier secretaris of Queen Máxima.

Hofdames of Queen Máxima are not paid. A world of difference! That is also why there is no "employer-employee" relationship between the Queen and her Hofdames. There is such a relationship between the Queen and her Secretary and other professionals, of course. The functional costs made by Queen Máxima's five Hofdames are reimbursed by the King. They receive housing, staffing, transport, etc. It is a honorary function and that is already why I am wondering about a Hofdame of Mary being her secretary as well. For me a secretary is in a professional employer-employee relationship and that goes beyond the traditonal role of a Hofdame / Lady-in-Waiting which is to be "Companion to the Queen".

Last edited:
I have the idea the principal position of Christine Hansen is that of a paid private secretary (employer-employee relationship) but she has been given the rank of a Hofdame, which also gives her access to -for an example- State Banquets.

In the Dutch situation the particulier secretaris is the head of the secretariate of the Queen. For an example, Ottoline-Antoinette ("Lieke") Gaarlandt van Voorst van Beesd, one of Máxima's Hofdames, is already 68 years old and beyond age of retirement. This already shows that there is no professional relationship between Queen and Hofdame.

I must say I prefer the strict separation of the functional Household (the paid professionals) and the Honorary Household (the Hofdames) in the Netherlands. That is more how someone expects a Royal Court to be. While Queen Máxima has chosen 5 hofdames as her official companions, Crown Princess Mary also is the employer to her Hofdame. I think that is not the same. When you are not paid and belong to the intimi of the Queen, then you can be more frank and critical and advise better than when the same person is also the one who pays your monthly wage...

Last edited:
I have no idea. Villa De Eikenhorst of course has room for guests, but when Crown Princess Mary travels with a Hofdame, a secretary and others, maybe guests appartments at Noordeinde Palace in The Hague have been prepared. These appartments have an office etc. so that the Crown Princess can receive her own guests, for an example. Here you see Noordeinde Palace from the rear (picture), much, much more spacious than when you stand in front of it (picture). Plenty of room for guests. This (old) picture shows is an example of such an appartment at Noordeinde Palace: a bedroom with adjacent a salon and of course a bathroom.

Where do visiting Heads of State normally stay in state visits to the Netherlands ? In Belgium, guest rooms at the Royal Palace of Brussels are normally used, but I don't know about the Netherlandss.

There are apartments, suites and guestrooms at the Royal Palace Amsterdam. The grandest guest appartments look like this: bedroom with adjacent room. Here another similar appartment in the same palace.

There is a guest wing too at Huis ten Bosch Palace but this is under restoration. As this is a private residence, only private guests of the King will stay there.

Noordeinde Palace has a guest wing too. There is even a "secret garden" as this is only visible from the palace itself. It used to be the King's Wing but as Noordeinde is not in use as private residence, guest appartments have been created. Here is a bathroom. This is the guest wing there. This is also the guest wing. A bathroom of one of the guest suites. One of the guest suites. One of the guest bedrooms. A bedroom for the guest's staff. Another staff bedroom in the guest wing. Sadly we have to do it with pictures made more than 30 years ago. It would be nice to see the renovated guest suites in present state.

Last edited:
Wow. Duc et Pair. Thank u for the pictures!!!!

Duc_et_Pair, thanks for all your pictures to show us the guest rooms in noordeinde - so rare!

Hofdames of Queen Máxima are not paid. A world of difference! That is also why there is no "employer-employee" relationship between the Queen and her Hofdames. There is such a relationship between the Queen and her Secretary and other professionals, of course. The functional costs made by Queen Máxima's five Hofdames are reimbursed by the King. They receive housing, staffing, transport, etc. It is a honorary function and that is already why I am wondering about a Hofdame of Mary being her secretary as well. For me a secretary is in a professional employer-employee relationship and that goes beyond the traditonal role of a Hofdame / Lady-in-Waiting which is to be "Companion to the Queen".

i believe mary's secretary is officially caroline heering (who used to be her hofdame... i know, kind of confusing), and her official hofdame is now christine, having replaced tanya. and it seems to me that caroline rarely travels now outside of denmark with mary these days, and that role is fulfilled by christine now / tanya in the past.

i believe mary's secretary is officially caroline heering (who used to be her hofdame... i know, kind of confusing), and her official hofdame is now christine, having replaced tanya. and it seems to me that caroline rarely travels now outside of denmark with mary these days, and that role is fulfilled by christine now / tanya in the past.

One more time:
Offices and Employees - The Danish Monarchy

"Lady-in-Waiting, Private Assistant to HRH The Crown Princess
Christine Pii Hansen"

Caroline Heering hasn't worked as secretary/LIW for years. She is still board member at Mary Fonden.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom