Princess Máxima Visits Brazil: November 28-December 1, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she very lovely outfits

how many speak languages?

Sara Boyce

Pictures from yesterday from Colourpress:)

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 202
  • da.jpg
    da.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 252
  • db.jpg
    db.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 214
  • dc.jpg
    dc.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 193
  • dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 182
  • de.jpg
    de.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 203
Pictures from today Colourpress:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 309
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,957
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 733
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 201
misshelen said:
Pictures from today Colourpress:)

Thanks for the pictures Misshelen! I think especially the white outfit was stunning!

Dutch Princess Maxima talks to Brazil's Culture Minister, renown musician Gilberto Gil, left, in Sao Paulo, on Thursday, Dec. 1, 2005. Pictures without watermarks :) from AP.

Attachments

• a.jpeg
    a.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 266
  • b.jpeg
    b.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 241
In my opinion, when one is paying an official visit to a country, it is important to look professional and that usually means wearing "professional" attire. I had seen these photos without knowing the purpose behind the visit, I would've thought that Máxima was on a private holiday. I thought the canary yellow outfit was more suitable for a private afternoon lunch and the brown cardigan and ill-fitting white pants looks like she was shopping at a market on a Saturday morning. The definitive informal outfit for me was the close-fitting green jacket and the peasant skirt worn with the green sandals...The outfit is nice, and something that I would actually wear, however it is a big no-no in my opinion for an official visit."

We'll have to agree to disagree as I cannot see anything wrong with her clothing so far, she's dressed no differently to many other female Royals when visitng a much warmer climate. Moreover, she looks professional, summery and most importantly comfortable
It's not as though she's fulfilled her offiical duties in jeans and a T shirt!

I wonder if máxima is travelling on a private airplane.
Because there is a chaos here(in Argentina) on the airports

:eek: Maxima stole Victoria's favorite shoes. shame on you, Maxima!

victoriashoes28yp.jpg

victoriashoes3nd.jpg

maximashoes8oy.jpg

pics from getty and AP.

Princess Maxima said:
I wonder if máxima is travelling on a private airplane.
Because there is a chaos here(in Argentina) on the airports

why is there chaos? is it true, that the summer is beginning in argentina?

mirrjam said:
why is there chaos? is it true, that the summer is beginning in argentina?

Summer is beginning, but that's not the chaos.
The plane pilots want to be payed a higher salary so no Aerolineas Argentinas planes

Beautiful photos, misshelen! Maxima looks like she really knows what she is talking about in the first photo! All eyes are on her -- good for her for doing this work.

Thank you Maxie, xxPatrickxx and Emily! :) One more picture from yesterday without watermark from DPA

Attachments

• oa.jpeg
    oa.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 263
Little_star said:
We'll have to agree to disagree as I cannot see anything wrong with her clothing so far, she's dressed no differently to many other female Royals when visitng a much warmer climate. Moreover, she looks professional, summery and most importantly comfortable
It's not as though she's fulfilled her offiical duties in jeans and a T shirt!

Then we'll agree to disagree. :) Her outfits from yesterday and today appear far more professional and appropriate than the days before. Being in warmer climate doesn't automatically mean that the royal should suddenly start dressing more casually. In past years Maxima has visited Africa and the Dutch Antilles in the prime of summer and her outfits were all elegant, appropriate, and most importantly professional. Her outfits today and yesterday reflect this. My point is that this is in my opinion how she should've been dressed all along.

Last edited:
misshelen said:
Thank you Maxie, xxPatrickxx and Emily! :) One more picture from yesterday without watermark from DPA

If I am not wrong, in this picture she is talking to the President of Brazil Central Bank, Henrique Meirelles.

In defense of my point of view that I did not esp like some of her earlier outfits (white pants/brown sweater, green jacket/white peasant skirt): it's not the informality or even the clothes in and of themselves that bothered me so much as that I did not think they were flattering on her. For example, the t-strap shoes are dressy and cost plenty but they do not flatter her legs IMO. Similarly, the white pants and white peasant skirt make her look wider on the bottom. I agree that the clothes make sense in the situation, but I just don't think they make her look her best.

To end on a positive note - her shoes are much better in the last 2 outfits: no t-strap so you have an uninterrupted line of leg. I esp like the shoes with the Bank President - very sexy!
attachment.php

Anna_R said:
Not necessarily, I for instance, am able to read and listen Spanish, but I can't read or write. Surely it's easier for Portuguese speakers to learn Spanish, but it's not like both languages are identical.

That's correct, Anna. I'm portuguese and I totally understand and speak spanish, but because I'm used to read and talk in spanish since I was little.
Of course it's more easy for Máxima understand portuguese than to learn Dutch, but it requires some previous study. There are words written exactly the same way in both languages (portuguese and spanish), but with different meanings.

About Maxima's outfits: I adore them, she always choose her cloths so well, with a lot of taste. White it her perfctly, imo.

pollyemma said:
:eek: Maxima stole Victoria's favorite shoes. shame on you, Maxima!

victoriashoes28yp.jpg

victoriashoes3nd.jpg

maximashoes8oy.jpg

pics from getty and AP.

Who is the designer? Beatiful shoes!

More pictures from today without watermarks:) DPA

Attachments

• 11.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 12.jpeg
    12.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 6,667
  • 13.jpeg
    13.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 251
rchainho said:
dana press
I like this oufit a lot. she looks gorgeous. (hey, she is gorgeous!) though i'd prefer so see some colored accents. like a light blue or maybe necklace and earrings. that pink cloche hat she wore at koninginedag a few years ago would look great with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
More pictures from today from DPA

Attachments

• 16.jpeg
    16.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 246
  • 15.jpeg
    15.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 270
ap3 said:
In defense of my point of view that I did not esp like some of her earlier outfits (white pants/brown sweater, green jacket/white peasant skirt): it's not the informality or even the clothes in and of themselves that bothered me so much as that I did not think they were flattering on her. For example, the t-strap shoes are dressy and cost plenty but they do not flatter her legs IMO. Similarly, the white pants and white peasant skirt make her look wider on the bottom. I agree that the clothes make sense in the situation, but I just don't think they make her look her best.

To end on a positive note - her shoes are much better in the last 2 outfits: no t-strap so you have an uninterrupted line of leg. I esp like the shoes with the Bank President - very sexy!
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=218050&d=1133445129

i agree... those shoes are not really flattering. it's a pity she has sooo many of those t strap ones in a hundred colours! to me normal shoes, as the ones she wore today, look a lot better.
(however, that didn't stop her from looking great as always)

I love all the outfits xD
She stay in Brazil for how many days?

Paula** said:
I love all the outfits xD
She stay in Brazil for how many days?

She stays until Saturday 3rd.Then she goes to Argentina

Misshelen, do you have any more photos you can post of CPM in that pink jacket? I would be grateful to see a close up of it -- it looks so pretty on her. Thank you.

Emily said:
Misshelen, do you have any more photos you can post of CPM in that pink jacket? I would be grateful to see a close up of it -- it looks so pretty on her. Thank you.

I have more pictures but only with watermarks:( . When I find pictures without...I will post them Emily.

Princess Maxima said:
She stays until Saturday 3rd.Then she goes to Argentina

that wonderful news about her going visit her hometown reunion their families

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom