Princess Alexia Starts Kindergarten: June 29, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From our blog:

Princess Alexia of The Netherlands, second daughter of the prince of Orange and princess Máxima, will have her first day on school on monday. This friday the princess will become four years old, according to newspaper ‘Telegraaf’ she hopes for a çool’ backpack, that she can use.

This was said in a private meeting between members of the press and the prince of Orange and his wife. Like her sister Amalia, Alexia will also go to the Bloemcampschool in Wassenaar. The little princess is looking forward to the day, according to her mother she says all day ‘I am going to school’. She also wants to know how many nights she still has to sleep before the big day. Her younger sister princess Ariane now also says she wants to go to school, but her parents have to tell her that in her case she has to wait for two years, not a few nights. According to princess Máxima, princess Ariane is a child of with an enormous will power, she talks non-stop.
Princess Alexia will however only go to school for a few days, to get acquainted with it. The summer vacation will start in a few weeks, but on 24 August it will be for real. It is unknown if the press will be invited to film princess Alexia on her first school day. When princess Amalia went to school for the first time, one camera team was allowed to film her for a few minutes.

The three princesses have not been seen in public after the winter photo shoot in Lech. They were supposed to attended the Queen’s Day parade at Het Loo palace. The princesses were looking forward to the event, but due to the tragedy on 30 April that was cancelled. Their parents kept away all images of the tragedy from their daughters.

I certainly hope that she gets the "cool backpack"! She is adorable, and I love that she is so excited about school.

There will be a photoshoot at school,in order to avoid that her real first day in school will be spoiled by photographers etc etc.

So,we all have something to look forward too,again!:flowers:

I am pleased to hear that photos will be taken. I am especially glad to hear that the photographers have set up a photoshoot instead of staking out the arrival. I imagine that having a bunch of photographers waiting around for Alexia's arrival could be scary for some of the children trying to get to school.

I am pleased to hear that photos will be taken. I am especially glad to hear that the photographers have set up a photoshoot instead of staking out the arrival. I imagine that having a bunch of photographers waiting around for Alexia's arrival could be scary for some of the children trying to get to school.

Yes I think that, thats the best way. Alexia is only still a child and even though she is a princess she shouldn't have to deal with the paps so soon.
Alexia has grown up terrible quick, 4 years have passed too soon. :flowers:

Yay!! I can't wait to see these pics... I'm sure her first day is going to be so fun

Yay! I can't wait to see the photos. Alexia and her sisters are just adorable.

The two little girls are so adorable!!! Hands in hands while they're coming to school!! the big sister is happy to show to her sister the school! so lovely!

The girls are very adorable!!!:flowers: What a lovely day for Dutch Royal Family!

Those girls are precious!!
Alexia is more beautiful each day. She looks so happy and relaxed. What an exciting day for her!:rolleyes:

That is a nice video, the teaher note that the backback has 'Dora the explorer' on it. Alexia replied that she received it as a gift. When she tries to push her backpack in the right place she remarks that it is a little bit heavy.

According to the Telegraaf the reason why the princess is going to school now, instead of after the summer break is because parents of other children asked if this was possible. The first schoolday after summer a lot of other children will also have their first day at school, having photographers around might be inconvenient.

Last edited:
Alexia is adorable going to her first day of school. From the video it seems she was a bit overwhelmed at one point and needed to hold her mummy's hand for reassurance. I hope she enjoys school!

Has the new school year for Amalia started too?

Thw whole family looks very proud. But I have the feeling that Alexia was a little bit overextended by the impressions.

I wish her a lot of success in school.

Amalia and Alexia are simply adorable! I hope Alexia will enjoy her first day at school. :)
Maxima looks very good as well, what an elegant and simple back dress.

Tooo cute!! It seems so evasive to have cameras on such a little girl going to school for the first time, but I guess she has to get used to them.

Too adorable for words! Those little girls are soooo cute and the shyness of Alexia, holding on to her Mother´s hand is precious. Thanks for all the photos.

Does the Holland school year start in June???

As Marengo explained in his post, the reason why Alexia is going to school now, rather than in September, is because parents of other children requested it. A lot of other children will have their first day at school in September and the presence of all the photographers might be inconvenient and distracting for the children.
The first day at school is stressful enough without the photographers, I am glad Maxima and Willem-Alexander were thoughtful enough to meet the request. :)

That's a very respectful thing of them to do -- I like when royals do their best not to disrupt the lives of the children around little princes and princesses.

Willem-Alexander and Maxima look wonderful, and the little girls are adorable as always!

So adorable! Alexia looks a little unsure about it all though. Good thing she has her big sister to reassure her!

Alexia does look a little nervous. But her sister looks incredible confident. :flowers:
Alexia and Amalia do look very very similar. Wilhelm and Maxima look so proud of their little girl. :)

What happened to the pictures? They are no longer on ppe either. Was there a problem?

Back
Top Bottom