Prince Willem-Alexander's 40th Birthday Celebrations: August 31-September 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha...!

I knew I was right by putting Doña María del Carmen Cerruti de Zorreguieta in my top three of best dressed ladies! On your fantastic picture you see how great the texture is of her golden gown. She looks great and très chique. And she is a 73 years old lady, wow, she looks so un-granny!

:flowers:

She is wearing Princess Máxima's earrings!

Maria del Carmen was born in august 1944, which would make her 64. I hope she won´t be reading this board because I fear she would be feel like hitting you with her purse right now ;)

But she looked elegant indeed. And funny to see that she is wearing earrings of the Orange-Nassau foundation while the Princesses of Oranje-Nassau are not (and never do).

It is not known if Frederik showed up or not. On a Dutch language board a poster said that she heard that from somebody who could know. But the day before a lady said Princess Mary attended the fireworks, which was obviously not true.

The Prince of Orange said he only invited friends, I don´t know how close he is with the Dansih crownprince.

My mistake Marengo, I thought it was confirmed on this board that Frederik was there after 10pm.

So in case he was there he was invited (I was wondering though how he could have made it to Apeldoorn after his sailing day), one can agree on that, but I would not draw the opposite conclusion, he was not there because he was not invited, as others suggested.

I like Letizia's dress. It's very simple and it suits her very well. Her accessories are nice. Not too much since lots of jewels will not look good on her bec of her small figure. It says on Hola that Letizia will start her royal duties again. Good for her. :)

I love Maxima but the color is too pink for me however this kind of color suits her very well.

I like Mabel's also but the dress doesn't give any sort of flattering at all. It doesn't suit her face though.

Cristina's red gown was a recycle but it's great on her.

Mathilde's gown was good on her. She's really a classic princess.

Mette Marit's was ok while Victoria's well the color doesn't suit her at all.

Countess Sophie's worst dress of the day. There are a lot of maternity dress to look for but not this one. It's very informal for me. It's more of a summer dress.:eek:

What about Princess Laurentien? I liked her dress very, very much. Muy Sevillaña. And she has a great body.

Maria del Carmen was born in august 1944, which would make her 64. I hope she won´t be reading this board because I fear she would be feel like hitting you with her purse right now ;)

But she looked elegant indeed. And funny to see that she is wearing earrings of the Orange-Nassau foundation while the Princesses of Oranje-Nassau are not (and never do).

:eek:

Oops! I added 10 years....

:rolleyes:

By the way, also other in-laws like Frau Gösta von Amsberg, Freiin von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen (mother of Prince Claus), Princess Armgard zur Lippe-Biesterfeld, Freiin von Sierstorpff-Cramm and Princess Simone zur Lippe-Biesterfeld née Arnoux (mother and sister-in-law to Prince Bernhard) have worn Orange-Nassau jewels.

I don't think the orange jewels worn by Doña María are part of the foundation. It are newer purchased pieces, I have understood from the Royal Jewels Board. So it belongs to the Princess' own jewels I think.

What about Princess Laurentien? I liked her dress very, very much. Muy Sevillaña. And she has a great body.

indeed! very sevillana! she looked really good in her dress, and so did mabel. the orange princesses looked amazing the other day!

And funny to see that she is wearing earrings of the Orange-Nassau foundation while the Princesses of Oranje-Nassau are not

is she wearing them? do those personally belong to the queen? what a nice gesture of beatrix to lend carmen some of her impressive jewelry!

This caused Maxima to refer to Letizia as Metizia, as she was the only non-M there (the remark was made before Camila, though I doubt that the British join in).
Did Princess Letizia attend Queen Sonja's birthday?I can't recall seeing her attended it.

The Prince of Orange explicitly stated he had only invited friends. The correspondents on NOS and RTL noth stated that it were frequent guests on Villa Eikenhorst. For an example the invitation went explicit to the Earl and Countess of Wessex rather than to "the British royal family". Apparently the Prince of Orange has a personal bond with Prince Edward, he does not have with Prince Charles (not his generation) and Prince William (also not his generation).
What about Princess Marie-Astrid, Henri?Can't recall seeing her join in with the royals at celebrations for a while?Maybe she represented the Grand Ducal couple?And also no Grand Duke Jean as well, he seemed close to the Dutch Royals before?

What about Princess Marie-Astrid, Henri?Can't recall seeing her join in with the royals at celebrations for a while?Maybe she represented the Grand Ducal couple?And also no Grand Duke Jean as well, he seemed close to the Dutch Royals before?

Marie-Astid was wearing a dress that belonged to her mother,the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte of Luxembourg. Marie-Astrid went to several Dutch events in the past, even the wedding of Prince Maurits. The Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima went to a party celebrating her silver wedding (or 50th birthday) a few years ago.

I think Hereditairy Grand Duke Guillaume represented his parents.

Didn´t Princess Laurentien wear the orange earrings that Carmen Z. wears now at the wedding of 02-02-02? The Queen has worn them previously too.

Archduke Christian and Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Habsburg-Lorraine, Princess of Luxembourg seems pretty close with the Orange-Nassaus (she is a Nassau by herself, of course).

There is a generation gap anyway between Marie-Astrid and Willem-Alexander. So their friendship with the Prince is a bit unexpected. Her daughters would have been fantastic candidates to become his bride.
:angel:

Grand Duke Jean could have been the Prince's grandfather. Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume is more the Prince's generation. And -of course- it is the future Chef of the House Orange-Nassau meeting the future Chef of the House Nassau.

Some new pics from "Agencia Prisma"

Princess Carolina
Princess Carolina II

Now that you are Spanish. Would you have loved it to have Doña María Carolina de Borbón-Parma as future Queen?

I always thought Carolina was an excellent candidate for Don Felipe: both parents HRH, granddaughter of Queen Juliana, niece of Queen Beatrix and cousin to the future King Willem IV Alexander. Catholic. Spanish speaking. And a marriage would end the rivalry between Borbón and Borbón-Parma.

This party looks like it was done in style. That is all I can say. Stylish. That mass transport bus for the royal guests is awesome. It makes the ones other houses use look like Greyhound. :D
It is also interesting that the Crown Prince daughters are allowed to go to the party. I think it is a first time for me seeing such young kids going to a gala event like this. Amalia was standing at the door to welcome everyone, so cute. But I can see why most royal kids of this age are not allowed to go to these things: They steal the show! :lol:
Worst dressed:

1. The Queen (I know it is the best, the most exquise and very expensive but she looks like a blown up strawberry)

:ROFLMAO::lol::D I burst out laughing when I saw Queen Beatrix. I mean, I hate to be disrespectful but that gown is ......... scary! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Now that you are Spanish. Would you have loved it to have Doña María Carolina de Borbón-Parma as future Queen?

I always thought Carolina was an excellent candidate for Don Felipe: both parents HRH, granddaughter of Queen Juliana, niece of Queen Beatrix and cousin to the future King Willem IV Alexander. Catholic. Spanish speaking. And a marriage would end the rivalry between Borbón and Borbón-Parma.

To be honest Henri, I didn´t knew princess Carolina:cool:. In Spain we don´t know much about her., it´s a pity.
Some theard abou his family?

Let´s not speculate about possible wives for Felipe. It´s too painful. We can´t change the status quo any more and that´s all we can say....

To be honest Henri, I didn´t knew princess Carolina:cool:. In Spain we don´t know much about her., it´s a pity.
Some theard abou his family?

There must be a thread somewhere, maybe Marengo knows, as he is the supervisor of the Netherlands royal family board.

Princess María Carolina with historic Orange-Nassau heirloom jewels

Prince Jaime, Princess Margarita, Princess María Carolina and Prince Carlos

Mother and daughter (Princess Irene and Princess María Carolina)

Princess María Carolina with the Duke of Parma (father) and her eldest brother (the future Duke)

Princess María Carolina with her brother Prince Jaime (behind them Princess Madeleine of Sweden)

Her background in short:

Father
His Royal Highness Carlos Hugo Xavier Marie Sixte Louis Robert Jean Georges Benoit Michel Prince de Bourbon de Parme, Duke of Parma, Piacenza and Guastalla
born, Paris 8 April 1930
(picture)

married April 29th 1964 at the Consulate of the French Republic in Rome (civil) and in the Capella Borghese of the Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome (religious) and
divorced Utrecht Court of Justice 26 May 1981

Mother
Her Royal Highness Irene Emma Elizabeth Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld
born Soestdijk Palace 5 August 1939
(picture)

Siblings

His Royal Highness Carlos Xavier Bernardo Sixto Maria Prince de Bourbon de Parme, Prince de Piacenza
born Radboud Hospital of Nimeguen University 27 January 1970
(picture)

His Royal Highness Jaime Bernardo Prince de Bourbon de Parme, Count de Bardi
born Radboud Hospital of Nimeguen University 13 October 1972
(twin with Princess Margarita)
(picture)

Her Royal Highness Margarita María Beatriz Princess de Bourbon de Parme, Countess de Colorno
born Radboud Hospital of Nimeguen University 13 October 1972
(twin with Prince Jaime)
(picture)

She herself

Her Royal Highness María-Carolina Cristina Princess de Bourbon de Parme, Marchioness de Sala
born Radboud Hospital of Nimeguen University 23 Jun 1974

Last edited:
But anyway, I'm still happy and I really liked this event, W-A looks radiant, almost like he couldn't believe his luck:wub:

You are totally right, this event looks like as a true success, every body seem absolutly happy to help W. A. to pass this "fourties roughies" - I'm not sure of the ortograph, thanks to correct me. The good humour of all the participants to this event is per se the best gift for W.A and his so kind family to feast this birthday.

Many thanks for all the pics.

Actually there isn´t a thread for Maria-Carolina yet. Her brothers and sister all have a thread, as does her mother. So if anybody feels like it just create a new thread dedicated to the charming princess.

--

OT: I would have liked her dress 10 times more if it would have been closed in the front, this way it looks rather odd to me. From a sidepicture when the gown still reaches the floor it looks nice though.

Anyway, the Prince of Orange's birthday looked nice and I hope Frederik had a nice time on his sailyacht.
:wacko:

He most certaintly did ,as you can see in the Frederik and Mary events thread, he had a wonderfull time with his wife and their two children.

mh anyone asked for a new wife for felipe? sorry i am not too well informed.. does he already live seperated from his one?

and to the dresses... omg, what did sophie wear :D it looked horrible i ve never seen her in anything like that!

Sophie was not suppose to attend she was listed at another engagement until last Tuesday. So I don't think that the outfit was planned at all. She has worn that outfit before normally with a jacket, so it was never intended as an evening dress.
And than there is a the big giveaway that this was not a planned outfit, in Edward's button hole is a yellow hankie. Now they usually coordinate well. So I would to thank God that the yellow canery outfit that Sophie would have worn was at some point scrapped.

mh anyone asked for a new wife for felipe? sorry i am not too well informed.. does he already live seperated from his one?

and to the dresses... omg, what did sophie wear :D it looked horrible i ve never seen her in anything like that!

As disappointed as I was to see my Prince of Orange marrying a non-blue blooded partner, my reliance was on the Prince of Asturias. I was absolutely sure he would marry a decent, royal, blue-blooded devout catholic lady.

Preferrably one of the daughters of the Duke of Parma, for several reasons:

all 8 great-grandparents blue blooded
- Roberto de Bourbon de Parme, Duke of Parma, Piacenza and Guastalla
- María Antonia de Bragança, Infanta of Portugal
- Georges-Louis de Bourbon-Busset, Comte de Liginières
- Marie-Joséphe des Vicomtes de Kerret de Quillieu
- Bernhard Casimir Prince zur Lippe-Biesterfeld
- Armgard Freiin von Sierstorpff-Cramm
- Wilhelmina of Orange-Nassau, Queen of the Netherlands
- Heinrich Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin

linked to two reigning royal families
- the royal family of the Netherlands (via their mother)
- the grand-ducal family of Luxembourg (via their father and mother)

Catholic

Spanish speaking

No big age difference

A marriage would bring the two rivalling Bourbon families together

But helas.... my dreams splashed when I heard the "shocking" news that the future King of Spain became engaged with a divorced anchorwoman of TVE, all Spaniards could see on the sceens, day in, day out.

:eek:

But she turned out to be a wonderful Princess of Asturias.

:)

But still.... Don Felipe de Borbón y Grecia & Doña María Carolina de Borbón-Parma y Orange-Nassau.... Thát was a dream match.

:rolleyes:

And than there is a the big giveaway that this was not a planned outfit, in Edward's button hole is a yellow hankie. Now they usually coordinate well. So I would to thank God that the yellow canery outfit that Sophie would have worn was at some point scrapped.

It was my impression that de Graaf van Wessex (sounds so good in Dutch) wore an orange pochet, linking to the birthday boy...

Actually there isn´t a thread for Maria-Carolina yet. Her brothers and sister all have a thread, as does her mother. So if anybody feels like it just create a new thread dedicated to the charming princess.

--

OT: I would have liked her dress 10 times more if it would have been closed in the front, this way it looks rather odd to me. From a sidepicture when the gown still reaches the floor it looks nice though.

On this I could not agree more. She is beautiful woman and her gown was a lovely color, with the sole fault being that slit at the bottom. Maybe if it was more on the side of the dress, or the back, it would not look so odd? Who knows....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom