Prince Willem-Alexander's 40th Birthday Celebrations: August 31-September 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yikes! Well don't all jump at me at once. I knew I should not have said that. It's not a big deal I didn't mean to imply that anyone was staying a way. I just thought it was amusing and I still think it's amusing. In 3 years time and countless royal events only one other time other than F and M's wedding.

Beautiful yet daring dress for Maxima whom gave birth shy of 5 months ago.

Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his wife Princess Maxima arrive with their children, Ariane (L), Amalia (C) and Alexia, at the royal palace in Apeldoorn September 1, 2007.
Yahoo News Photos

Good video and photos! The girls look so sweet, even little Ariane matches. She was awake this time, and is getting big. She can even hold her head up now! Amalia and Alexia were also darlings. In the video, I didn't get a good look at Sophie, but Felipe and Letizia looked great, they look so in love, holding hands. Mette-Marit, Haakon, and Victoria looked nice as well. I didn't like Laurentien's hair slicked back at all.

I like Letizia's dress. It's soft and romantic. Felipe looks like a cat just eating a gold fish. ;)

I like Victoria's look too but did she shrink several sizes? She looks so tiny next to Haakon and MM.

MM needs to lose her obssession with bows. The gown would have looked sophisticated and elegant without the bow in the middle. The bow makes it girlish. MM is a bit too old for all the bows. Remember the bow she tied on her head for the Danish Christining?

Sophie's dress looks very unflattering on her. It makes her look bigger than she probably is. Plus, it needs a bra.

I have to say all three girls look like their father WA.

Last edited:
Great photos. Than you. Hope more are coming.

Mette-Marit, Maxima, Letizia and Laurentien looks great:flowers: I wish I was invited to the party........:)

Mette-Marit looked great! Personally I like the bow on her dress! I think she looked really beautiful!
Victoria: Simply elegant! One of my favourite dresses of the day!
Sophie: not the best maternity-dress, IMO... it doesn't look very flattering. The countess looked a bit tired.. it must have been a hard weekend so far.
Letizia: Lovely hairdo! The dress looks very "letizia" to me. ;) it suits her! Pretty!
Mathilde: Lovely dress, great colour and great jewels!

Dutch Royals

Máxima:
Gorgeous hairdo! The colour is great! I'm not sure about the cut of the dress. It makes her hips look very big ...
Aimée: Maybe Sophie could aks her for some pregnancy-fashion advices! She looked so elegant!
Beatrix: :eek: I have no words.
Laurentien: The dress is nice... but I don't like her hair..
Mabel: One of her best dresses, IMO!

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia
Yahoo News Photos
I just love her dress!

And I just love Felipe in a tux. Very James Bond-ish. The best accessory on any woman's arm. ;) Is that a new diamond bracelet on Letizia's arm? I like the way she accessorized: minimalism. Dangling earings and a bracelet. That's enough.

MM dress is beautiful, Mathilde is the epitome of what a Princess should be, her dress is lovely and she wears it with grace.

Letizia's dress so so, that dress need a little more Letizia, don't like the hair up do but the color is nice though.

Don't like the prints on royals, in fact not many womans can wear them and look refined, and therefore Sophie's dress I don't like.

The Queen dress is plain awful but she's so nice one forget how she dress.
I very much like the dress of the woman close to Maxima, is that her sister?.

PS. My oh my that's Laurentien, I love her dress, I never though I would of say so.

Last edited:
I thought MM and Letizia were stunning. Best of all was Maxima I thought she was very beautiful.
Did not like the Queen's outfit at all.
Were there any pictures of the van Vollenhoven's.

Princess Margriet seems to be wearing the fishnet motive necklace.

Let me see... Sophie's dress is awful, I can't believe she's wearing it. It looks like a dress you wear on the beach not in a so formal event. I can't say what I think about Letizia. She's beautiful but so thin. She's so tiny that it seems there were much dress for so little body.
Máxima was beautiful but I think the dress would look better on a slim person, like Mabel.
And Amalia, Alexia and Ariane are just so cute for words. And I liked the group people. Everybody looked so elegant all together.

I love that Amalia is wearing a purse...she must have felt a fairy tale Princess tonight

Back
Top Bottom