Prince Willem-Alexander's 40th Birthday Celebrations: August 31-September 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Overzicht Koninklijke en Vorstelijke gasten op verjaarsontvangst Prins van Oranje, 1 september 2007

Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje viert zaterdag 1 september zijn verjaarsfeest op Paleis het Loo te Apeldoorn.

Naast vrienden en familie zijn ook leden van buitenlandse Koninklijke en Vorstenhuizen aanwezig bij de viering van zijn verjaardag.
Op de verjaarsontvangst van de Prins worden de volgende leden van de Nederlandse Koninklijke Familie verwacht:

Hare Majesteit de Koningin
Prinses Máxima der Nederlanden
Prins Friso & Prinses Mabel van Oranje-Nassau
Prins Constantijn & Prinses Laurentien der Nederlanden
Prins Carlos de Bourbon de Parme
Prinses Margarita de Bourbon de Parme
Prins Jaime de Bourbon de Parme
Prinses Carolina de Bourbon de Parme
Prinses Margriet der Nederlanden en professor mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven
Prins Maurits en Prinses Marilène van Oranje-Nassau
Prins Bernhard en Prinses Annette van Oranje-Nassau
Prins Pieter-Christiaan en Prinses Anita van Oranje-Nassau
Prins Floris en Prinses Aimée van Oranje-Nassau
Aanwezige leden regerende Koninklijke en Vorstelijke Families zijn:

België Prins Filip en Prinses Mathilde van België, hertog en hertogin
van Brabant
Jordanië Prins Hassan bin Talal en Prinses Sarvath El Hassan bin Talal
Prinses Badiya bint El Hassan en de heer K.E. Blair
Prince Rashid bint El Hassan
Prinses Sumaya bint El Hassan en de heer Nasser Judeh
Liechtenstein Erfprins Alois en erfprinses Sophie
Luxemburg Erfgroothertog Guillaume
Noorwegen Kroonprins Haakon en Kroonprinses Mette-Marit
Spanje Prins Felipe en Prinses Letizia, Prins en Prinses van Asturië
Prinses Cristina of Spain en Iñaki Urdangarin, hertog van
Palma de Mallorca
Zweden Kroonprinses Victoria van Zweden
Verenigd Koninkrijk Prins Edward en Prinses Sophie, graaf en gravin van Wessex
Ook aanwezig zijn:

Prins Kyril en Prinses Rosario van Preslav (Bulgarije)
Prins Kardam en Prinses Miriam van Tirnovo (Bulgarije)
Aartshertog Carl Christian van Habsburg-Lotharingen en Aartshertogin Marie-Astrid van Habsburg-Lotharingen
1 september 2007

Guestlist from koniklijkhuis.nl

When are they releasing pictures of it? And, BTW, when was W-A's real birthday?

Despite clashes with the gossip press, the authorities and the established media in general are very servile to the wishes of the Orange-Nassaus. When the guests arrive on a military base and are transported by the Royal Mews, protected by the Royal Marechaussee, have bodyguards by the Royal- and Diplomatic Protection Service and drive through the large -secured- Crown Domains to the Palace, it is able to remain unseen indeed. And if they are helicptered, it is even better for their privacy.

:flowers:

I understand where there's a will there's a way. I guess I'm just thinking that if you are going to invite such big name crowned royals then why all the secrecy? There's never this much secrecy for a christening. What you have described is extra pressure and stress for the Netherlands special services. I understand their right to privacy but at the same time I just find it hard to believe that so many well knowns could gather in one place and not be seen.
Don't get me wrong they have their right to privacy and I'm not objecting to that, I'm just saying that in the age that we all live in I find it hard to believe that no pics have escaped and that they found it so necessary to be secretive. I guess I would expect this from a few other royal houses but not from the Dutch.

Overzicht Koninklijke en Vorstelijke gasten op verjaarsontvangst Prins van Oranje, 1 september 2007

So finally Mary&Frederik are not in the list...

Máxima is wearing a bright pink dress, mm someting white/creme..

Last edited:
Just saw them on the news.
WA and Maxima and children arrived in a caleche, and looked gorgeous!

The are any tv online?

When are they releasing pictures of it? And, BTW, when was W-A's real birthday?

They should release some pics very soon. The prince's birthday was on April 27th. The celebrations have been delayed partly b/c of Ariane's birth and then probably b/c of summer vacations and such.

How great it is to see the Princes of Astrurias are on the guestlist, too! :flowers:
Btw: the whole guestlist is really impressive!
I'm really looking forward to see first pictures.

Just saw the first footage. The 3-a's were there too!

And I really like it that Laetizia was there with Felipe.

It's great that the three little girls were there. I hope that they enjoyed it. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Can you watch online?Can you give us the link?

Edward and Sophie must be tired, busy day on Friday and then straight off to the Netherlands. Maybe it would have been better to have sent Charles and Camilla, thus giving them something to do that was un-memorial related.

I've been trying to find it online and I haven't been successful so far.

I understand where there's a will there's a way. I guess I'm just thinking that if you are going to invite such big name crowned royals then why all the secrecy? There's never this much secrecy for a christening. What you have described is extra pressure and stress for the Netherlands special services. I understand their right to privacy but at the same time I just find it hard to believe that so many well knowns could gather in one place and not be seen.
Don't get me wrong they have their right to privacy and I'm not objecting to that, I'm just saying that in the age that we all live in I find it hard to believe that no pics have escaped and that they found it so necessary to be secretive. I guess I would expect this from a few other royal houses but not from the Dutch.

I think the guests will lóve it. To stroll around in impressive surroundings. To be entre nous and be sure of discretion. Just saw the first glimpses on the news: lackeys and footmen in gala. The Prince and Princess and their daughters arriving in a calèche. The Princess with a retro hairdo, still having after-birth weight so to see. The gentlemen are in black tie.

Last edited:
Edward and Sophie must be tired, busy day on Friday and then straight off to the Netherlands. Maybe it would have been better to have sent Charles and Camilla, thus giving them something to do that was un-memorial related.

Yikes! The criticism that would come if Charles and Camilla were there. I absolutely think the right choice was made for it to be Edward and Sophie instead of C and C. To have such a day with a heavy heart and being there to support your sons that have heavy hearts but then jetting off to the Netherlands for a birthday party within hours of the memorial service. Wow! The odd message that would send, imo.

Camilla would have been eaten alive by the tabloids. I am actually surprised that there is anybody from the UK at all.

No Danish guests? Not even the Sayn-Witgensteins or the Greeks?

Is Mathilde wearing new jewels or are they paste? If they are real than they are rather impressive indeed.

Maria del Carmen Zorreguietta looks grogeous btw, as does Letizia.

HM looks absolutely stunning I think,as does Máxima.imho.

They all looked absolutely great.Laurentiens new hairdo?Don't know yet,but it sure is a change:)

Last edited:
Maxima is really wonderful, as Mette marit.
Letizia dress in white!

So it looks like yet again other then their weddings, Mary and Letizia the ones that are compared the most are not at the same royal event. They have once again missed each other. A little ironic and funny to me!

So it looks like yet again other then their weddings, Mary and Letizia the ones that are compared the most are not at the same royal event. They have once again missed each other. A little ironic and funny to me!

Fred is sailing a pre-World championship regatta.

Well, I highly doubt that Mary stayed away because she wanted to avoid Letizia. Probably she and/or her husband had other plans (sailing) or they weren´t invited at all.

Both where onl present at the wedding of Frederik and mary and the second evening of the Celebrations in Luxemburg last year.

They were both present at the silver wedding celebrations in Luxembourg

Modified gueslist of most prominent foreign guests

Prins Filip en Prinses Mathilde van België, Hertog en Hertogin van Brabant
Prins Hassan bin Talal en Prinses Sarvath El Hassan bin Talal van Jordanië
Prinses Badiya bint El Hassan van Jordanië en de heer Blair
Prins Rashid bint El Hassan van Jordanië
Prinses Sumaya bint El Hassan van Jordanië en de heer Nasser Judeh
Erfprins Alois en erfprinses Sophie van Liechtenstein
Erfgroothertog Guillaume van Luxemburg, Prins van Nassau
Kroonprins Haakon en Kroonprinses Mette-Marit van Noorwegen
Prins Felipe en Prinses Letizia, Prins en Prinses van Asturië
Infanta Cristina van Spanje en de heer Iñaki Urdangarin, Hertog en Hertogin van Palma de Mallorca
Kroonprinses Victoria van Zweden, Hertogin van Västergötland
Prins Edward en Prinses Sophie van het Verenigd Koninkrijk, graaf en gravin van Wessex
Prins Kyril en Prinses Rosario van Preslav
Prins Kardam en Prinses Miriam van Tirnovo
Aartshertog Carl Christian en Aartshertogin Marie-Astrid van Habsburg-Lotharingen, Prinses van Luxemburg, Prinses van Nassau

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom