The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I would be surprised if there is any British royal present anyway. As Edward, Sophie and Charles are otherwise engaged. The Prince of Orange doesn´t seem to have a lot of contact with the Duke of York or the Princess Royal, so their presence is unlikely (to me).

Old 08-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

perhaps they may not even invitate all royal houses or specific roles (heirs) in representation, but those who are personal friends of the prince and princess. we don't really know what kind of celebration it may be, but perhaps we are expecting every heir to be there in representation as a very official event, while it can be more laid back and be just a mere meeting of friends, royal and non-royal. i do hope it's a royal affair, but until we know what kind of celebration it may be, we can't really be certain on the guests who will be there...

of course, the fact that they announced a group photo means that some royals will be present for our delight (who would be interested in seeing a personal picture of just the couple's friends?)... :)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Royal Highness

By the daughters, does it mean just Princesses Amalia and Alexia, or will Ariane be there as well?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
By the daughters, does it mean just Princesses Amalia and Alexia, or will Ariane be there as well?
I guess Ariane will be there too (Máxima has to breast feed her)
Old 08-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Administrator

The royal website still doesn´t have any info about this event, apart from the vague remark that the prince will host a birthday party at het Loo on saturday. But no information on the arrival of guests etc, because heaven forbid there will be any spectators! This is a private event and Johan Friso probably threatened not to come if he had to wave and smile.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The royal website still doesn´t have any info about this event, apart from the vague remark that the prince will host a birthday party at het Loo on saturday. But no information on the arrival of guests etc, because heaven forbid there will be any spectators! This is a private event and Johan Friso probably threatened not to come if he had to wave and smile.
I have to ask, isn`t Johan Friso popular in Netherland?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

Well, let's put it this way: there are royals who are more popular than Friso is.

I agree, Marengo. They could be a little bit more open about this. The real fanatics are going to show up at the gates anyway.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
None of the Scandinavian calendars have anything about attendance at this party yet either, which suggests that it either they're not invited, or of they are, they're treating it as a very private matter. (Perhaps following the birthday boy's lead?)
Old 08-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
None of the Scandinavian calendars have anything about attendance at this party yet either, which suggests that it either they're not invited, or of they are, they're treating it as a very private matter. (Perhaps following the birthday boy's lead?)
My guess is the latter Norwegienne,they've all been invited.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
My guess is the latter Norwegienne,they've all been invited.
Well Frederiks agenda says he is sailing on a saturday...
Old 08-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Why am I not surprised? (And next tot hat I don't get the impression that Frederik and Willem-Alexander are very close, I think it's more likely that we see the Belgium royals, Victoria and Haakon and Mette-Marit. But let's wait and see. Who knows who will show up.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
You scoundrel!

Frederik's agenda is empty,but Maxie's goat is out!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Well, it isn´t sure at all, his official agenda doesnt say so. But at the CP Mary forum/ATR they said he shedueled a sailing event from august 29 to september 1. Of course he could leave a day earlier and attend the celebrations for his Dutch collegue.

Seriously, Martha-Louise seems to have something planned as well, and the Belgians of course have the celebration for Paola´s 70th birthday on September 2nd.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Well, let's just put a little nuance in there and everything's all right: there might be a chance that Frederik is sailing, I think we can all live with that, can't we?

When reading all of your posts I'm really curious who is going to show up. I would be really surprised to see any of the Spanish or the British royals, to be honest. But it all stays in the misty shadows the RVD casts upon us by not telling us. I think it's cruel...
Old 08-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Well, it isn´t sure at all, his official agenda doesnt say so. But at the CP Mary forum they said he shedueled a sailing event from august 29 to september 1. Of course he could leave a day earlier and attend the celebrations for his Dutch collegue.

Seriously, Martha-Louise seems to have something planned as well, and the Belgians of course have the celebration for Paola´s 70th birthday on September 2nd.
Again?He sailed the Rolex Farr 40 pre- World Championship last weekend,oh,if he's at it again till the 1st,there's always the odd plane to get you to the party on time,no worries.

I'm sure Philip and Mathilde will be here,they'll be on time for mommy's birthday during lunch on sunday.What I am curious about is,will Felipe and Letizia make it?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Well, we have to wait a 3 more days at the maximum before we know. Maxie is right, the RVD is cruel to us royalty watchers but in the end the have some consideration and usually release the guestlist a day or two before the event. Perhaps a reason for releasing it this late is that they are afraid guests will still cancel.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:05 AM
Administrator

I was wondering where we got the idea that the celebrations would be from August 31 to September 3? The only thing I read about was the party at Palace het Loo on September 1, that is also the only date given by the RVD. Does anybody know?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
I was wondering where we got the idea that the celebrations would be from August 31 to September 3? The only thing I read about was the party at Palace het Loo on September 1, that is also the only date given by the RVD. Does anybody know?
I think some posters mentioned it here. People heard about the fireworks on the 31 of august, assumed that the Royals would be going there etc etc.
On Royalblog.nl by Hans Jacobs only the date of 1 september is mentioned, and as a royalty reporter he seems to know what's going on.

The same with the use of the Gold Coach on Prinsjesdag. It was mentioned that there were plans to restore it 'zonder dat het publiek er iets van merkt' withouth anybody noticing, and yet many people assumed the glass coach would be used this year. On the BRMB people even accused newspapers of bad reporting. People just need to stick with the facts!!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Administrator

I think you are right, Mandrake. I will change the title of this thread.
-
On another note, will NOS have live coverage of the arrival of the guests at Palace het Loo? Probably not as the event is considered private, but they did film a lot of Queen Beatrix 60th birthday, which was private as well.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
LOL, I was wondering the same. These dates are wandering from MB to MB and from forum to forum and create some unrealistic expectations IMO … and all of sudden even the idea of a white tie event came up. BUT I also remember Hans Jacobs mentioning at the Benelux MB, that according to Queen Beatrix (informal remark during the state visit to Slovakia) the birthday celebrations will last “more than one day” or something like this. Could be that this was the starting point for speculations…
And I agree with Mandrake, stick to the facts, at least when it comes to the date the RVD statement is pretty clear.