The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 6 (Feb 2006 - Jan 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdas1201

Heir Presumptive
City
Houston
Country
United States
Please post current articles/pictures of Prince Willem Alexander and Princess Maxima in this thread.

Remember to adhere to the TRF guidelines http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f14/trf-posting-rules-guidelines-4920.html and the copyright rule, which states that all pictures and articles posted on the forum must a original/legal source credited.

This is a new thread, therefore there is no need to post pictures that have been previously posted in the last thread. Links may be used if trying to prove a point or continuing a discussion from the previous thread. Don't repost the image again under any circumstance.

The previous thread can be found here.

Image from aap

Attachments

• 00630963.jpg
    00630963.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 532
Well, Wilhelmina surely is turning in her grave, the poor woman. ;) But I like the veil, actually. I always thought (and hoped) that Maxima would stay Catholic and I think it's nice that she practized an old tradition by wearing the veil (didn't she wear a veil during the remembrance mass for the late pope too?).

She did wear one actually, the same veil I believe.

I have seen some picture about Maxima yesterday by dpa fotomarktplatz.
Can sombody post it? Thank you.

popje said:
I have seen some picture about Maxima yesterday by dpa fotomarktplatz.
Can sombody post it? Thank you.

Hi Popje... i hope these are what you're looking for..

Because the annivarsary of 50 years Diocese in Rotterdam Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima visited 04 February 2006 the Cathredral HH LAURENTIUS AND ELISABETH

(from dpa)

Attachments

• 023301_4.jpg
    023301_4.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 023701_4.jpg
    023701_4.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 318
  • 023801_4.jpg
    023801_4.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 252
Not my favorite outfit: Her hair is messy, the veil (lovely lace) is crooked and looks slapped on, the white coatdress doesn't go with the rest of the outfit though she tried to tie it in with the black beads (which I don't like). Don't like the shoes at all. (All just my opinion of course)

Thank you very much the photos purple platinum.

Thanks for the photos purple platinum. Was CPss Maxima brought up in the Catholic faith and is she still Catholic now?

Maxie said:
Well, Wilhelmina surely is turning in her grave, the poor woman. ;) But I like the veil, actually. I always thought (and hoped) that Maxima would stay Catholic and I think it's nice that she practized an old tradition by wearing the veil (didn't she wear a veil during the remembrance mass for the late pope too?).

I like the look of the veil as well. I don't think that Maxima actually wore it in the best possible way, but it's nice to see a younger person wearing something that is more traditional.

To answer your question Emi, Maxima was brought up in the Catholic faith and attended Catholic schools as a child. I believe that she also attended a Catholic university. She is still Catholic.

Thanks Isabel. :) Since the House of Orange is Protestant and has a crown princess who is Catholic, how do some of the details work out, e.g. for their church wedding Willem Alexander and Maxima would have been married in the Protestant church?

Last edited:
Emi said:
Thanks Isabel. :) Since the House of Orange is Protestant and has a crown princess who is Catholic, how do some of the details work out, e.g. for their church wedding Willem Alexander and Maxima would have been married in the Protestant church?

In an interview before their wedding Maxima said that she hadn't decided whether she would convert to the Dutch Reform church or remain a catholic. But she said that the children they would have would be bought up protestant. So both Amalia and Alexia were christened in the Dutch Reform Church.
There is no prohibition for the heir to the Dutch throne not to marry a catholic the way there is in the British throne.

Ups, do i see red mark on Maxima's back?
what do you think, is it chair or mark of a bra or may be just light....
fotos royalportraits

Last edited by a moderator:
Emi said:

They were married in a protestant church, by a protestant vicar and in the protestant tradition. However, the Ave Maria was sung, and an argentinian priest read from the bible. The wedding of Maurits and Marilene was more 'mixed' and 'done'by a protestant vicar and a catholic priest. This caused quite a stirr (especially as Queen Juliana took a hosti) among both prostestants ansd catholics, so they decided not to repeat this at the wedding of the Prince of Orange.

sem, that looks like a bra strap mark!

No, it looks like a mark made from the back of the chair she's sitting on.

Marengo said:
They were married in a protestant church, by a protestant vicar and in the protestant tradition. However, the Ave Maria was sung, and an argentinian priest read from the bible. The wedding of Maurits and Marilene was more 'mixed' and 'done'by a protestant vicar and a catholic priest. This caused quite a stirr (especially as Queen Juliana took a hosti) among both prostestants ansd catholics, so they decided not to repeat this at the wedding of the Prince of Orange.

Bah, sometimes I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Protestants and Catholics come from one branch and are mostly similar rather than dissimilar. Also, they fall under the same category of Chrisitians.

Honestly, I don't see a problem about the consort of a reigning monarch (or would-be monarch) being a different religion. As long as the monarch in question represents the religion they should be, the religion of the other should have no bearing. Plus, it distorts the value of religion when you force someone to convert in the name of love. Religion is something that is personal to you and shouldn't be dependent on another factor. If you feel deep in your heart that the ideals of the church you are currently are a member of does not coincide with your own, then by all means convert. But it shouldn't be conversion because someone else told you so or so you could marry the one you love.

Thank you to Marengo as well.

I don't see a problem with consort being a different religion to the monarch either. I was just curious how the Dutch royal family handled it or if they did what the Danish royal family did, where Henrik, Mary and Alexandra all became members of the Lutheran church. I'm glad Maxima did not feel obligated to convert. :)

Emi said:
Thank you to Marengo as well.

I don't see a problem with consort being a different religion to the monarch either. I was just curious how the Dutch royal family handled it or if they did what the Danish royal family did, where Henrik, Mary and Alexandra all became members of the Lutheran church. I'm glad Maxima did not feel obligated to convert. :)

The Dutch royal family seems pretty open and flexible to having multiple religions within their family, partly perhaps because religion is considered relatively private for the Orange family. We don't see pictures of them going to Sunday service as we do the British royals for example. Is Beatrix (and eventually Willem) the head of the Protestant church the way Elizabeth is the head of the church of England?

Marilene is Catholic as well, isn't she? (Isn't there another van Vollenhoven sister in law who is Catholic as well?) And when she married Maurits, the service was non-denominational.

more from PPE (part 1)

04-02-2006 Princess Maxima And Willem Prince Alexander Attended Today The Holy Mass Of The 50 Year Jubilee Of The Roman Catholic Church Of Rotterdam.

Alexandria said:
The Dutch royal family seems pretty open and flexible to having multiple religions within their family, partly perhaps because religion is considered relatively private for the Orange family. We don't see pictures of them going to Sunday service as we do the British royals for example. Is Beatrix (and eventually Willem) the head of the Protestant church the way Elizabeth is the head of the church of England?

Marilene is Catholic as well, isn't she? (Isn't there another van Vollenhoven sister in law who is Catholic as well?) And when she married Maurits, the service was non-denominational.

The Dutch Reformed Church doesn't have a 'head' all the preachers/vicars etc. are equal.
These days the catholic conviction of Maxima is not a problem, but in the 60-ties, when Irene converted it caused a lot of anger. Schools, streets etc , which were named after princess Irene changed their names and many protestants were angry to see a catholic in the RF.

I believe Anita is catholic, and Aimee as well (not completely sure about Aimee)

Thank yuo for the pictures, what event was she attending in Rotterdam?

Little_star said:
Thank yuo for the pictures, what event was she attending in Rotterdam?

Today she was attending a rewarding of cheques to founds. I've seen many people who come out the Majors house with a cheque from 100.000 euro

Does anyone know if Maxima & her husband live in a royal palace like mathilde, Marry...
Thanks.

No, they live in a mansion in Wassenaar. The house was originally built or re-built for Beatrix sister, Christina. When William and Maxima were married, it was renovated for them. There are pictures of it in some of the older threads -- most recently in the photo shoot introducing their second daughter, Alexia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom