Photo Shoot for Alexia's Second Birthday: June 26, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you see the clip you will see that she isn't crying that much, mainly when her mother takes her of the chair while she wants to finish the cake.

so cute to watch (again) Noticed that maxima told Alexia "hand voor je mond" (put your hand over your mouth) when she coughed.

This clip is really nice to watch, much more extensive then anything that I saw on television.

Amalia speaks rather well for a child her age IMO, though I hear a 'Gooise R' coming up ;) (which is to be expected when you attend a school in Wassenaar).

Is there a nickname for princess in duch
this reminds me of how press talked about The swedish kkings sisters, they were 4 sisters they were often called hagasessorna
Haga were their home and sessa is short for princess and as they were several sessorna

Oh yes, how much Alexia looks like her mother
And they are real beauties

How blessed they are! What beautiful little girls!!! Maxima seems like such a loving, caring mom. She is very hands on! Little Amalia is so cute when she is talking! The Happy Birthday song was precious! Maybe as Alexia gets older she will adapt more to the cameras! She is a little cutie too!

Is there a nickname for princess in duch
this reminds me of how press talked about The swedish kkings sisters, they were 4 sisters they were often called hagasessorna
Haga were their home and sessa is short for princess and as they were several sessorna

There isn't a real nickname for the princesses yet, though triple-A is used sometimes (copying the Prince of Orange of course) :flowers:.

I hope they get more kids. They are such a cute family. I would say Amalia is Queen-material. She seems bright and really likes to show off. :)

Creepy

I hope they get more kids. They are such a cute family. I would say Amalia is Queen-material. She seems bright and really likes to show off. :)

Princess Catharina-Amalia is the spitting image of her grandmother Queen Beatrix. As a princess she had the same exuberance (she was nicknamed 'Princess Smile') and never had any problem to find her way with self confidence.

It is just creepy to witness Princess Amalia's looks and behaviour. A clone of Bea !

:flowers:

I think the Dutch monarchy -already one of Europe's strongest- has another rock to build on....

Those kids are so cute!!!!!! The parts that I love:

- when Amalia and Alexia kissed Ariane :flowers:

- when Amalia was singing happy birthday, and she carefully pronounced "dear A-le-xia" :wub:

- when Amalia was eating cake and it fell out of the plate, then she picked it up and put it back in her plate (never waste a good cake) :rolleyes:

- when one photographer was offering Alexia an orange toy (not sure what it was) and she wouldn't take it (her parents probably thought her not to accept things from strangers)... And then when Maxima touched it, Alexia finally took it. ;)

I also noticed that both girl used their left hand while eating the cake. Btw, Maxima looked great!

I believe the photoshoot was just wonderful and not many "Royals" from other countries go to so much trouble. One of my granddaughters, aged 12, watch all three videos a few times. She made the remark about videos 2 & 3 that Maxima seemed a bit annoyed quite a few times. She then would catch herself and smile for cameras once again. Proves how human they are and probably would rather be anywhere else with their children then in front of all those cameras -- although I was one of those happy to see it all.

Now today Maxima is in Kenya. Quite a busy life for a new mother. I also like the fact that Alexander tends to leave Maxima "run the show" and is not jealous of her attention. Prince Charles was the opposite. Shows what love can accomplish. The Dutch are so lucky to have a loving and healthy family to head their country.

The family is just wonderful, thank you all for the wonderful pictures, videos and other information. :flowers:
I love the 3 little girls, they are simply adorable. :wub:
And Amalia singing for her little sister was cute beyond words. :wub::wub::wub:

Is it just me, or does anyone else see Maxima in Alexia? In this picture she resembles her Mom quite a lot (imo).

Last edited:
Oh, Alexia has a good bit of Maxima in her. Amalia looks mostly like Queen Beatrix to me, very outgoing, energetic, and always smiling and laughing. And Ariane is just chubby and cute!:wub:

Too beatiful for words! Thank you, Dazzling.

I can't believe how grown-up Princess Alexia looks! In fact, I was more anxious to see her than her elder sister, or her little sister, for Princess Amalia is now almost a "big girl", and "big girls" doesn't change that much after a while...and Princess Ariane is too little yet. But I was really interested to see Princess Alexia, and I'm not deceived. She is, certainly, a toddler, but no more the "little baby", and with her hair grown a few inches she is almost a wee lady.

But...Are you sure that they were celebrating PRINCESS ALEXIA's birthday? It looks as if it was Princess Amalia's one! She is the absolute star in all pictures, stealing they cameras attention wherever she is! She seems very convinced that she'll be the Queen someday!:ROFLMAO::royalrobes:

Vanesa.

huh?

She's a child of only 3,5 years old (young). She can't think in terms of 'grabbing the camera's attention' and has no idea about her future. All she wants to be right now is the same thing every girl her age wants to be: a Disney fairytale princess.

She's a child of only 3,5 years old (young). She can't think in terms of 'grabbing the camera's attention' and has no idea about her future. All she wants to be right now is the same thing every girl her age wants to be: a Disney fairytale princess.

I have to agree. A child of this young age is very self-involved and this type of behavior is normal. As she matures, we'll see less of it.

They are such a great family! The 3 girls are so lovely and so charming!
Amalia dreams of being a Princess like every other little girl on this planet... :wub:
how funny it is to see maxima screaming out loud after alexia blew all candles out!

I supposed you'll notice that I was kidding! :furious::evil: All elder brothers and sisters acts like this. But well, people from nowadays has not any sense of humour.

Vanesa.:bang:

Too beatiful for words! Thank you, Dazzling.

I can't believe how grown-up Princess Alexia looks! In fact, I was more anxious to see her than her elder sister, or her little sister, for Princess Amalia is now almost a "big girl", and "big girls" doesn't change that much after a while...and Princess Ariane is too little yet. But I was really interested to see Princess Alexia, and I'm not deceived. She is, certainly, a toddler, but no more the "little baby", and with her hair grown a few inches she is almost a wee lady.

But...Are you sure that they were celebrating PRINCESS ALEXIA's birthday? It looks as if it was Princess Amalia's one! She is the absolute star in all pictures, stealing they cameras attention wherever she is! She seems very convinced that she'll be the Queen someday!:ROFLMAO::royalrobes:

Vanesa.
yes that was pretty funny, Amalia loving the cameras!
Alexia's definitely the 'Zorreguieta' of the family, at least, looks wise she is!
Little ARiane seems another Alexander/Beatrix lookalike doesn't she.
Not nice to say perhaps, and all these girls are cute that's for sure, but my bet on the future beauty of the family is little Alexia!

One bit of room for improvement: Alexander, please get rid of those red pants immediately! Please! They're so frat-boy, koor-bal, ugh! Enough! :eek::D:bang:

Apparently the Prince of Orange said during the photoshoot that they usually invite the godparents of the little Princesses for dinner at the actual birthday of the princesses.

I supposed you'll notice that I was kidding! :furious::evil: All elder brothers and sisters acts like this. But well, people from nowadays has not any sense of humour.

Vanesa.:bang:
Sometimes it is difficult to pick up on these traits in a post. It appears this was not conveyed in your message very clearly. My apologies if you were offfended.

But...Are you sure that they were celebrating PRINCESS ALEXIA's birthday? It looks as if it was Princess Amalia's one!

I was wondering the same...despite Máxima's efforts to help her the cake-handling and those cute words in Spanish to encourage her... every lense seemed to aim at the future Queen ;)

Dinner for the Princess

Apparently the Prince of Orange said during the photoshoot that they usually invite the godparents of the little Princesses for dinner at the actual birthday of the princesses.

So we may assume the core guestlist was:

Her Majesty The Queen (grandmother)

Mr. Jorge Zorreguieta Stefanini (grandfather)
Mrs. María del Carmen Cerruti de Zorreguieta (grandmother)
Mr. Juan Zorreguieta (godfather and uncle)

His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange
Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima
Her Royal Highness Princess Catharina-Amalia
Her Royal Highness Princess Alexia

His Royal Highness The Duke of Brabant
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Brabant (godparent)

His Royal Highness Prince Friso (godparent and uncle)
Her Royal Highness Princess Mabel

Mrs. Martin Oster
Mrs. Alexandra Oster, Jonkvrouwe Jankovich de Jezsenice (godparent)

The high- and wellborn Jonkheer Frans-Ferdinand de Beaufort (godparent)
Mrs. Suzanne de Beaufort-Buchwaldt

Sometimes it is difficult to pick up on these traits in a post. It appears this was not conveyed in your message very clearly. My apologies if you were offfended.

In fact I was not offended when I read your post, but amazed.
I wouldn't think that a person saying that a little one is trying to steal the cameras attention, for she knows she'll be a future queen could be taken seriously. If I've said this for real...ouf, I think that my mental troubles should have been pretty obvious. :D

Vanesa.

I dont think even half that list was there, Henri. They're not going to be there everyyear and there have also been no reports of Maxima's parents being in the Netherlands the past few weeks. The prince also said they had a lovely party with the nieces and nephews so I guess we can assume it was his mother, his brother, their wives and their children who attended.

I dont think even half that list was there, Henri. They're not going to be there everyyear and there have also been no reports of Maxima's parents being in the Netherlands the past few weeks. The prince also said they had a lovely party with the nieces and nephews so I guess we can assume it was his mother, his brother, their wives and their children who attended.

Don't underestimate the strong traditions.

Didn't Princess Margriet told that every year, on their wedding day, they have a diner together with all the bridal staff? And that for 40 years long?

I would not be amazed if the Prince and Princess do something comparable with théir bridal staff and/or the friends which were godparents for their children.

Alexia's second birthday and its photoshoot is featured this week in two major Argentinian magazines, Caras and Gente.

This week's Caras cover (see picture on the bottom-left corner 'El cumpleaños de la hija de Máxima') :

Revista Caras

In Gente, the pictures were featured in several pages, but only in the inside, not in the cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom