Photo Shoot for Alexia's Second Birthday: June 26, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thanks to everyone for posting pictures! As always, the Dutch Royal Family takes some amazing pictures. Everyone looked really great! The birthday girl :heart2:has grown so much. She is becoming a young lady. The newest member of the Dutch Royal Family is adorable. So glad we got to see pictures of her. As for the future queen, :princess3:one world "sweetness". I absolutely adore Amalia. She is a beauty.

:wub:The three girls are really angels !! Maxima is really a strong woman; a wonderful soft mother, a wife & a future queen!!
I wonder if she eats a lot or she just gives birth naturally to big healthy babies:D

What a lovely set of pictures. Amalia is just so attractive - lovely complexion, composed in front of the cameras, and lively personality. This will stand her in good stead for all the attention and responsibility she will have in the future. At present it looks as if Alexia will have more difficulty with this as she is more mercurial.

I was interested to hear that Maxima was speaking to Alexia in Spanish. Does anyone know whether they are being brought up bi-lingual (even tri-lingual, since Amalia sang so well in English). If so, is it being done by one parent always speaking in one language and the other in the second one? It would certainly mean that Maxima would have to be very skilled at switching from Dutch to Spanish and back again!

Could one of our Dutch posters please translate the charming little birthday song that they sang to Princess Alexia? I loved how they ended with Hip Hip Hurrah!

That is such a great video!!! I love it! I take my hat off to Maxima and Willem for celebrating their daugther's b-day with all those camera there and acting as if they are not even there. Thought that it was so cut that Amalia sang happy birthday in english to her sister.

HAVE A GREAT B-DAY LITTLE GIRL!!!

A think I noticed since some time now, is BOTH Princess Maxima and Prince Willem were very chubby and cheeky when toddlers...And also Queen beatrix was. So, no way the little Princess were not chubby and cheeky! There is in their genes! :lol:

Vanesa.

All three kids look very much alike and take from prince willem side of the family. very cute photos. everyone looks happy.

Could one of our Dutch posters please translate the charming little birthday song that they sang to Princess Alexia? I loved how they ended with Hip Hip Hurrah!

I'm not Dutch, but I believe the song you are talking about is basically "Happy Birthday" in Dutch. It sounds quite similar to the German "Happy Birthday", that's why I picked up what they were saying :flowers:

Thanks for the extra pics and videos guys! The girls are so adorable! :wub:

I'm not Dutch, but I believe the song you are talking about is basically "Happy Birthday" in Dutch. It sounds quite similar to the German "Happy Birthday", that's why I picked up what they were saying :flowers:

Thanks for the extra pics and videos guys! The girls are so adorable! :wub:

Princess Catharina-Amalia sung the traditional Dutch birthday-song for her sister:

Lang zal ze leven,
lang zal ze leven,
lang zal ze leven in de gloria,
in de gloria, in de gloooo-riiiii-aaaaa! [hands up]

Hiep-hiep hoera! [hands up]

(and often as extra couplet)

[SIZE=-1]Zij leve hoog, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Zij leve hoog! [hands up][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Jaaaah Hoog![/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jaaaaah Hoog, z[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ij leeeheeeve hoohohooohoog![/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Zijeeee leeeeeeeeeeve hoog! [hands up][/SIZE]

:flowers:

Long shall she live,
long shall she live
long shall she live in the gloria,
in the gloria, in the gloooo-riiiii-aaaaa!

Heep-heep hooray!
Heep-heep hooray!
Heep-heep hooray!

(and often as an extra couplet)

She live high,
she live high,
she live high,
she live high!

Yeeees High!
Yeeees High, she liiiii-hiiiive hi-hi-hi-high!
sheeee-heeee liiiii-hiiiive high!

Last edited:
This is the sweetest photoshoot to date of the little girls and their parents! :wub: Alexia is getting used to the press, and I love how Maxima told her little girl to wave instead (when she started to cry) and Alexia immediately followed her mother's instruction. :flowers: It's so nice of W-A and Maxima to share Alexia's big day with us (indirectly, of course). I wonder if the photographers got a bite of the cake?

Many thanks everyone for the pics, videos, and the translations.

What a lovely set of pictures. Amalia is just so attractive - lovely complexion, composed in front of the cameras, and lively personality. This will stand her in good stead for all the attention and responsibility she will have in the future. At present it looks as if Alexia will have more difficulty with this as she is more mercurial.

I was interested to hear that Maxima was speaking to Alexia in Spanish. Does anyone know whether they are being brought up bi-lingual (even tri-lingual, since Amalia sang so well in English). If so, is it being done by one parent always speaking in one language and the other in the second one? It would certainly mean that Maxima would have to be very skilled at switching from Dutch to Spanish and back again!

The children have a spanish speaking nanny around,besides,with a mother from,and abuela & abuelo,tio's and tia's in Argentina it only comes natural to speak both dutch and spanish off and on,Alexander has mastered the language too meanwhile,well,most.Heard Máxima ask Alexia;"Besso Ariane?" (Kiss Ariane)and english is not out of the ordinary either,contrary.The younger the children the more they are perceptive in the language department as well,it's easy
to juggle with languages then and later on,as do the parents,and it certainly comes in handy in light of their future,although raising children bi- or- tri-lingual is not just the case within our RF,many dutch raise their children that way.We're something of a polyglot society anyway.

one of the photografers asks "krijgt opa straks ook een stukje?" (will grandfather have a piece of cake later on?) the only living grandfather is Maxima's father. WA says sorry?? And then adds there are many grandfathers here, you will all get a piece of cake later on, don't worry.

Via 'Meer' it is possible to select the other video: Fotoshoot video :flowers:

I wonder if the photographers got a bite of the cake?

Yes. The media (newspapers, television, photographers, press agencies) were received in the Royal Mews adjacent to Noordeinde Palace. Guards controlled their accreditions because only on application media were given entrance (excluded was one magazine with which the Prince and Princess are in a lawsuit about posting stalked pictures).

They journalists and photographers were given the same sort of birthday cake after the photo-shoot.

in the stable I saw on tv last night amalia sings a dutch song (can not remember which in in this thread I can only find one video) and one of the reporters asks her who taught you this song and she says Mama. I admire Maxima's learning of all traditional Dutch childrens songs, she can not help speaking a bit of spanish to them because that is how her mother talked affectionately to her when she was growing up but she is also aware of the importance of the Dutch ones.

The children have a spanish speaking nanny around,besides,with a mother from,and abuela & abuelo,tio's and tia's in Argentina it only comes natural to speak both dutch and spanish off and on,Alexander has mastered the language too meanwhile,well,most.Heard Máxima ask Alexia;"Besso Ariane?" (Kiss Ariane)and english is not out of the ordinary either,contrary.The younger the children the more they are perceptive in the language department as well,it's easy
to juggle with languages then and later on,as do the parents,and it certainly comes in handy in light of their future,although raising children bi- or- tri-lingual is not just the case within our RF,many dutch raise their children that way.We're something of a polyglot society anyway.

Yes. Poessie Mauw

in the stable I saw on tv last night amalia sings a dutch song (can not remember which in in this thread I can only find one video) and one of the reporters asks her who taught you this song and she says Mama. I admire Maxima's learning of all traditional Dutch childrens songs, she can not help speaking a bit of spanish to them because that is how her mother talked affectionately to her when she was growing up but she is also aware of the importance of the Dutch ones.

Princess Amalia sung an old Dutch children's song:

Poessie mauw
kom eens gauw
ik heb lek're melk voor jouw!

Pu-ussy mia-ow
come here na-ow
I have sweet fresh milk for ya-ow!

:wub:

Last edited:
thanks Henri M, this is the whole song (do not know if she sung it completely)

Poesje miauw, kom eens gauw,
Ik heb lekkere melk voor jouw.
En voor mij, rijstebrij
Oh, wat heerlijk smullen wij.
Hondje waf, waf, waf, waf.
Blijf van mijn lekkere melkje af.
Aardig dier,
kom eens hier
Geef mij een pootje van plezier.

(and for me ricepudding, oh how we are enjoying ourselves
Dog, bark bark
do not eat my nice milk
sweet animal
come here
and give me your paw for fun)

Princess Amalia sung an old Dutch children's song:

Poessie mauw
kom eens gauw
ik heb lek're melk voor jouw!

Pu-ussy mia-ow
come here na-ow
I have sweet fresh milk for ya-ow!

:wub:

Princess Catharina-Amalia sung the traditional Dutch birthday-song for her sister:

Thats very sweet of her to do so. The dutch birthday song is very sweet, nice words to it. Thanks for sharing

In the video you can hear Máxima speaking Spanish to Alexia, she says "soplá, soplá" (blow, blow), "bieeeeen, gorda!" (well done, sweety) and other things....

She also said " otra beso" (another kiss) telling the girls to kiss Ariane another time. Very sweet. I think it's fantastic that they are raising the girls trilinguals.:flowers:

Interview:

- Birthday party was last saturday. Maxima is at the moment in Kenia till saturday.
- Amalia looks forward to 10 december, her first school day. She can already speak Dutch, Spanish and a bit English. She can write her name and learns the numbers. She is a very curious girl.
- Maxima speaks Spanish with her girls. W-A speaks Dutch with the girls. And international friends often speak English to the girls.
- Future dreams: Amalia wants to become a princess
- Alexia is more Latina than Amalia. She cries hard and laughs hard. She is also a bit explosive. Amalia is more stable and open. Both girls have a strong personality.
- Alexia is everything for Amalia. And Amalia is everything for Alexia. They are very good friends.
- Who do the girls look like? The parents don't know. Maxima (joking): They look like Alexander when they cry.

As The Watcher said, Amalia wants to be a princess, and she likes to wear long dresses, preferably with a train. The girl doesn'trealise that she is a princess though.

I've noticed both girls are left-handed?

I haven't paid attention to Princess Alexia, but her elder sister is left-handed for sure, as was visible in the documentairy about the Prince of Orange (on the occassion of his 40th birthday).

All three girls are beautiful. Although Amalia seems to have the sparkling personality, Alexia I think will be the true beauty, although they are all beautiful :) Brilliant photographs.

As The Watcher said, Amalia wants to be a princess, and she likes to wear long dresses, preferably with a train. The girl doesn'trealise that she is a princess though.
..and that she'll be a queen one day, not only a princess..:)

The pictures are so wonderful, a great great photosession and it's funny that Alexia always get's he special "five minutes" during such an official event ;)
It was also very touching to hear who happy WA is with his four women and how he enjoys every single day :wub:

This clip is really nice to watch, much more extensive then anything that I saw on television.

Amalia speaks rather well for a child her age IMO, though I hear a 'Gooise R' coming up ;) (which is to be expected when you attend a school in Wassenaar).

I do really love this family!!!!
Amalia is incredible...and Alexia is very beautiful. Only I am upset that she is crying a lot every photo session. I want to see Ariane with opened eyes also!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom