The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Good thing the King can call in the Military when needed. . Between Marius in Norway and these young Beauties in Holland, I foresee the need to use those ceremonial swords for more than when CP Haakon and/or King Wiliem-Alexander wear them w/their Full Dress Uniforms in the Near Future.

They really are growing up so fast. I also know exactly how Maxima feels about her Dad. When you have a Parent who is seriously ill and/or has a serious chronic condition, just having them w/you for one more Christmas is a better gift than anything wrapped in a pretty package under the tree. :). I'm glad he's doing better.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
The first part of your post made me smile . I started picturing His Majesty meeting any potential young gentlemen with his sword in tow, offering to show the said gentlemen how to keep the said sword in the best of shapes . The girls are quite lovely, and it's nice to see them looking so relaxed and happy with their parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Or Catherine Amalia could take a shine to Marius in 10 years like Liz did to Phil and there you go :) No swords needed.
Have they been introduced yet? One never knows what could happen in the future, but it's always fun to play a wistful matchmaker .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness

Their is going to be plenty of young eligible princesses flitting around Europe in the next several years and , well, not so many princes but here's to hoping for a royal love match at least once.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:55 AM
Royal Highness

Where did the time go? Ariane was born about a month after I joined TRF, Alexia was a toddler, and Amalia was only three or four years old. Now, they are quickly growing into beautiful young women! Only two years and Amalia will be a teenager- wow. It's been fun seeing the "Three A's" grow over the years!
Old 12-23-2014, 03:43 AM
Administrator

For those like me who can't get enough , still some more lovely photos:

** robinutrecht.photoshelter.com: Photosession Argentina..**

** eo.nl: Fotosessie koningspaar en prinsesjes in Argentinië ** translation **

** dpp gallery: Photosession Argentina King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima... **
Old 12-23-2014, 05:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The Dutch belong to the tallest people on earth. Some believe this is thanks to their diet with lots of dairy and related products. Princess Catharina-Amalia has very strong features with great-grandmother Queen Juliana and her great- great- grandmother Queen Wilhelmina.

An old picture of the 10-years old Queen Wilhelmina, in 1890, the year in which she became Queen.

An old picture of Princess Juliana, a few years older than Princess Amalia now.

Wonderful photos Duc et Pair! I'd never seen Queen Wihelmina as a child nor Juliana with long hair.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Their is going to be plenty of young eligible princesses flitting around Europe in the next several years and , well, not so many princes but here's to hoping for a royal love match at least once.
I'm always thinking of future love matches!! However, I think Elisabeth will go better with Marius than Amalia, but it's just my opinion.
It's true that are more young princesses than princes, but there are some "princes" (from royal family but not royal themselfs), like the Urdangarin boys, Infanta Elena's son Felipe Froilan and Marius. Don't forget about Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix, all the boys from Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechnstein, young but Prince Laurent twin boys, Prince Gabriel and Prince Emmanuel, Princess Beatrix only grandson, Luxembourg boys Gabriel and Noah, Richard from Denmark (I think he is called Richard, the grandson of Princess Benedikte), and of course, the Greek boys.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

From the last generation of dutch royals, noone married a royal (not even nobility), so i'd be very surprised if the younger ones will do so...
Old 02-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

A clip by the Argentine television:

The king jokes that he uses his holiday in Argentina mainly to practice his Spanish and hopes it will be better in two weeks time.

Tags
alexia, amalia, argentina, ariane, crown princess catharina-amalia, king willem-alexander, maxima, photo session, photo shoot, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess catharina-amalia, princess of orange, queen maxima, willem-alexander