Official Visit from France to The Netherlands: January 20, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
HE President Francois Hollande will bring an official visit to The Netherlands on monday january 20th 2014 and will be received by HM The King.

Last edited:
Elysee anouncement don't mention Madame Trierweiler so i guess she is not going.

President Hollande and former President Nicolas Sarkozy are of similar heights.
That doesn't help when meeting tall people like TM the King and Queen !

Bad hairdo and bad blond and brown hair . Could do better for a President of France.

According to Hollande, his partner Valerie Trierweiler is doing better and is resting at the presidential residence of La Lanterne.

Princess Beatrix also attended the lunch.

I find rather disappointing, to say the least, that the european official visits from France in general are now limited to a mere one day ...

A new kind of diplomacy inaugurated with Sarkozy : "faster is better" . Basically the President has to spent the minimum time abroad to reduce costs and to show more or less that the state of the country remains his priority . These visits must be low key as well to avoid criticisms during these "hard economic times".
As a result France has the dullest republic possible (well the President still seems to have some ... extras).

Last edited:
:previous:
I see. The ubiquitous "The state would save funds to ..." is not surprising.
Francois Hollande today spoke for the first time about the health of his grief-stricken first lady.
Valerie Trierweiler, 48, spent eight days in hospital after hearing that the French president was cheating on her with the film actress Julie Gayet, 41.
And today, as he made plans to kick her out of the Elysee Palace for good, Mr Hollande said Ms Trierweiler was having a rest but otherwise ‘doing better’.
Read more: Francois Hollande raises a toast with Netherlands' king as Valerie Trierweiler is 'doing better' | Mail Online

Last edited:
what a tricky position for WA and maxima to be in, to be the first welcoming statesmen to welcome hollande to their country after the affaire...

i would have liked to see valerie next to maxima this time so that it looks more like a proper official visit, but it's understandable she may not be feeling well to do so.

Which language did the President of France speak during his Visit and his toast ??

During the press conference the president spoke French. I have no idea what they spoke during the lunch, but I am not sure if the king speaks French. The queen and princess Beatrix do.

The king received the grand cross in the Legion d'Honneur, the queen received the grand cross in the Ordre National du Mérite and the president received the grand cross in the order of the Dutch Lion.

Last edited:
The king received the grand cross in the Legion d'Honneur, the queen received the grand cross in the Ordre National du Mérite and the president received the grand cross in the order of the Dutch Lion.

And not even a state dinner to show these brand new orders.
Oh well ...

And not even a state dinner to show these brand new orders.
Oh well ...

These one day official visits are most common these days.Our King (- and Filip of the Belgians as well-)..is on a tour of these introductory visits,next one this thursday to Italy.State Visits old style are saved for Intercontinental of really nessecary visits to improve relations or bundle up huge orders...Other then that,if relations are more then OK in the first place,then sumptious three day or more visits are a bit out of tune and date...and overdone...That said,it is a pity ofcourse that we Forum people and lurkers alike will not get the full blast from the Royal vaults concerning the more then impressive jewelry collection pf our House of Orange!!...After seeing the beautifull aquamarine set for the last couple of times,I do hope for different stones this thursday matching the Tricolore!...:whistling::lol:

Me too lucien. Our Maxima will have to make a visit to the vaults today!!!

who's the lady next to her, when she's waiting for WA and Hollande? Lady in waiting?

Queen Máxima looked more than great. She is elegant, she has the right style and an unique personality. And she improves more and more every day....Lucky Dutch people !!

Back
Top Bottom