Official! Máxima Pregnant Again!!!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess Sophie

Courtier
City
On the border...
Country
Belgium
The communique of the RVD:

Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Catharina-Amalia, deelt het volgende mede:

"Ik ben heel blij dat ik U nu allemaal mag zeggen dat ik medio juli 2005 een broertje of zusje hoop te verwelkomen. Mijn ouders zijn daar ontzettend dankbaar voor en gelukkig mee. Ik wilde deze gelegenheid ook gebruiken om te bedanken voor alle kaarten en cadeautjes die ik van veel mensen uit het land mocht ontvangen voor mijn eerste verjaardag. Ik heb een hele fijne dag gehad!"

It was "announced" by Catharina-Amalia. She said she is happy to announce she gets a brother or sister in July 2005.

new pic:

ca-1-defgr.jpg

Love Amalia's red smocked dress in the pictures, nothing can beat a classic.

I think it's so cute that they had Amalia "announce" the new baby. It's so nice for the family to have some good news after so much sadness. July seems like a long time to wait, doesn't it? Queen Beatrix will have two new grandbabies for her Jubilee year, plus Marilene's new baby. Lucky her!

Wonderful news! Even though it has been expected to be announced, this is truly great to hear - and a light in the dark with the tragedy that holds the world's attention right now. So three news babies for next year - Mabel, Marilene and Máxima! :) And after some tough time in the family, maybe next year will be brighter, with Bea's jubilee to look forward to as well!

Great news! Congratulations to the parents!

royal_sophietje said:
Well, not literary of course, but the RVD "used" her to announce it ;)

I love the personal touch, "announced" by big sister:)

and here you can see it a bit better without standing in a strange pose at your computer

Attachments

• ca-2-print.jpg
    ca-2-print.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
The pictures are from Catharina-Amalia's FIRST BIRTHDAY right?
So why are they being posted by MODERATORS and ADMINISTRATORS in a thread announcing Maxima's SECOND PREGNANCY?
So much for Maxima's hissy fight 2 weeks ago. And all for what? To defer the pregnancy announcement by some days?
What a whiner Maxima is. The press bursts her bubble by spilling her pregnancy news before she does so she calls the whole thing off...only to have to suck it up and announce the pregnancy afterall 2 weeks later.
Maxima is like all those whiny celebrities who complain about the press invading their privacy but when they need to promote their movies they come a smiling and posing for the cameras.

Last edited:
Because they were on the official site combined with the announcement

do you think they have done like the last time saying a date for the birth later then it will be
did they not say jannuary but Amelia was born early december

Vicomtesse said:
What a whiner Maxima is.
Yeah ..... poor WA must have his hands full dealing with this woman.

You figure this is the "result" after she threw a tantrum that he was showing one of the Dutch swimmer athletes a bit too much affection for her liking ?

Vicomtesse said:
What a whiner Maxima is. The press bursts her bubble by spilling her pregnancy news before she does so she calls the whole thing off...only to have to suck it up and announce the pregnancy afterall 2 weeks later.
That "thing" was never a press conference. It was an unofficial and private sit-down for her and W-A together with the club for court reporters, where the worst gossip press is not included. When they hear about these meetings taking place, the real tabloids like to set off some rumours so that people will wonder why they are not invited to take part of the news.

I personally think it was a good decision to postphone the meeting, announce the news a little later through RVD - and maybe now they can have this meeting and be left alone.

Vicomtesse said:
So why are they being posted by MODERATORS and ADMINISTRATORS in a thread announcing Maxima's SECOND PREGNANCY?
So much for Maxima's hissy fight 2 weeks ago. And all for what? To defer the pregnancy announcement by some days?
Maxima is like all those whiny celebrities who complain about the press invading their privacy but when they need to promote their movies they come a smiling and posing for the cameras.
Vicomtesse,

There is no need to shout (posting in capital letters) anywhere on this forum as it is considered rude and insulting. Please read the Posting Rules And Guidelines before posting any further comments. See link below:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3547

As mentioned before, the pictures were posted on the same site along with the pregnancy announcement. Therefore, your objections are baseless.

Mandy

Vicomtesse said:
It was not a press conference, just a unofficial talk with the press. Remember that the Telegraaf put the news on their frontpage when the royal family was still in their mourning period because the death of Prince Bernhard.

Josefine said:
do you think they have done like the last time saying a date for the birth later then it will be
did they not say jannuary but Amelia was born early december
I think you might be right Josefine.

Maxima looks much more pregnant than 2-3 months, so perhaps she is further along than originally announced, and perhaps we can expect a new Orange baby in June or early July?

It'd be something else if Maxima and Marilene had their baby together on the same day! The unofficial rule at my office is that babies have to come in twos. Two years ago two people on our sales team both had sons just two hours apart and this past fall our art director and a sales rep had sons less than an hour apart. Makes for automatic playmates!

I'm very happy with this news. I hope 2005 will be more happy for the royal family then the last years. Beatrix is next year 25 year Queen and three princesses are pregnant, so that sounds at least better.

BTW. I think it will be a boy, because:

Laurentien:
1. Eloise (girl)
2. Claus-Casimir (boy)

Marilene:
1. Anna (girl)
2. Lucas (boy)

Annette:
1. Isabella (girl)
2. Samuel (boy)

Maxima:
1. Catharina-Amalia (girl)
2. ..... (boy?)

Alexandria said:
so perhaps she is further along than originally announced
you mean like in reference to the attached ....

Attachments

• IMGUV9734.jpg
    IMGUV9734.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Vicomtesse said:
As stated before....It was not a press conference. #2 - A news report said that both Maxima & WA (I'm sure the Queen too) were upset that someone spilled the beans & so they cancelled the informal press meeting. Nobody said she threw a hissy fit or that she was whining.

If you would stop for a sec & take into account the situation at hand you'd see that they did the right thing. First off they cancelled the informal press metting to avoid having to talk about it at that moment & simply postponed saying anything for 2 more weeks. Probaby because of the death of the Prince B & also because of the protocol waiting period of 13 weeks. I think they knew they could not hold out more than 2 weeks so they used that time to prepare an announcement. Also they had every right to be upset #1 because it's not very nice to take away a parents joy to announce a pregnancy. #2 because of the 13 week waiting period & #3 because of the mouring period of Prince B.

I mean I'd be angry too if my grandfather died recently & someone announced my pregancy before my 13 week period without my permission while my family was still in mouring! I mean really how would you feel?

It´s really good news! I´m extremely happy for them and I wish Maxima a better pregnancy than the last one.:) :)

BTW I think that they announce the due date later to take off the pressure when the baby isn´t born right. You can´t tell me that a doctor can caculate right.

Bravo more one baby...is amiazing!!

I have to say that the moment of announcing was not well chosen. An announcement on Amalia´s birthday or Christmas would have been great! But now with the tragedy in Asia it is
not really good.Now,they could have waited till New Year.
Somewhere else I read that Maxima will not have the bed-rest time as she had in her first pregnancy.Why not? Can you say that already? What was the problem in her first pregnancy?

Last time Maxima announced it on June 18th,2003 and Mette-Marit on July 4th,2003.
So perhaps there will be an announcement by the Norwegian Court on January 13th or on Ingrid Alexandra´s first birthday that Mette-marit is expecting again?:p

All I have to say is that I wish them much happiness and a healthy baby.

liv said:
I have to say that the moment of announcing was not well chosen. An announcement on Amalia´s birthday or Christmas would have been great! But now with the tragedy in Asia it is
not really good.Now,they could have waited till New Year.
Part of me agrees with what people are saying about the timing. But speculation has been going so nuts about this lately that I wonder if they even thought they had an option. She REALLY looks pregnant in a lot of pictures, so it is impossible to wait much longer. My thought was maybe they paired it with C-A's birthday because they knew they would already be putting out an annoucment/photos to mark her birthday. This way they only have one announcement instead of two. In which case, that is really nice that they did that.

As for the comments that she won't need bedrest - they don't know that yet. Very strange that they would mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom