The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 12-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
do you think they have done like the last time saying a date for the birth later then it will be
did they not say jannuary but Amelia was born early december
I think you might be right Josefine.

Maxima looks much more pregnant than 2-3 months, so perhaps she is further along than originally announced, and perhaps we can expect a new Orange baby in June or early July?

It'd be something else if Maxima and Marilene had their baby together on the same day! The unofficial rule at my office is that babies have to come in twos. Two years ago two people on our sales team both had sons just two hours apart and this past fall our art director and a sales rep had sons less than an hour apart. Makes for automatic playmates!
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 12-28-2004, 04:52 PM
The Watcher's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 885
I'm very happy with this news. I hope 2005 will be more happy for the royal family then the last years. Beatrix is next year 25 year Queen and three princesses are pregnant, so that sounds at least better.

BTW. I think it will be a boy, because:

Laurentien:
1. Eloise (girl)
2. Claus-Casimir (boy)

Marilene:
1. Anna (girl)
2. Lucas (boy)

Annette:
1. Isabella (girl)
2. Samuel (boy)

Maxima:
1. Catharina-Amalia (girl)
2. ..... (boy?)
__________________

__________________
Nederlandstalig forum - All Things Royal
Princess Maxima Message Board
  #23  
Old 12-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 165
The Watcher I agree, I do think it will be a Boy:)
__________________
  #24  
Old 12-28-2004, 05:13 PM
hrhcp's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
so perhaps she is further along than originally announced
you mean like in reference to the attached ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGUV9734.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	72293  
__________________
"Every decision is right for its time."
  #25  
Old 12-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Angel S.'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
The pictures are from Catharina-Amalia's FIRST BIRTHDAY right?
So why are they being posted by MODERATORS and ADMINISTRATORS in a thread announcing Maxima's SECOND PREGNANCY?
So much for Maxima's hissy fight 2 weeks ago. And all for what? To defer the pregnancy announcement by some days?
What a whiner Maxima is. The press bursts her bubble by spilling her pregnancy news before she does so she calls the whole thing off...only to have to suck it up and announce the pregnancy afterall 2 weeks later.
Maxima is like all those whiny celebrities who complain about the press invading their privacy but when they need to promote their movies they come a smiling and posing for the cameras.
As stated before....It was not a press conference. #2 - A news report said that both Maxima & WA (I'm sure the Queen too) were upset that someone spilled the beans & so they cancelled the informal press meeting. Nobody said she threw a hissy fit or that she was whining.

If you would stop for a sec & take into account the situation at hand you'd see that they did the right thing. First off they cancelled the informal press metting to avoid having to talk about it at that moment & simply postponed saying anything for 2 more weeks. Probaby because of the death of the Prince B & also because of the protocol waiting period of 13 weeks. I think they knew they could not hold out more than 2 weeks so they used that time to prepare an announcement. Also they had every right to be upset #1 because it's not very nice to take away a parents joy to announce a pregnancy. #2 because of the 13 week waiting period & #3 because of the mouring period of Prince B.

I mean I'd be angry too if my grandfather died recently & someone announced my pregancy before my 13 week period without my permission while my family was still in mouring! I mean really how would you feel?
__________________
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
  #26  
Old 12-28-2004, 05:22 PM
liv's Avatar
liv liv is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Germany
Posts: 891
It´s really good news! I´m extremely happy for them and I wish Maxima a better pregnancy than the last one.:) :)

BTW I think that they announce the due date later to take off the pressure when the baby isn´t born right. You can´t tell me that a doctor can caculate right.
__________________
Has somebody recorded the christening of Ingrid Alexandra?It was so nice to see all of them together as a happy family...
  #27  
Old 12-28-2004, 05:28 PM
micas's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , Portugal
Posts: 1,711
Bravo more one baby...is amiazing!!
__________________
  #28  
Old 12-28-2004, 05:36 PM
liv's Avatar
liv liv is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Germany
Posts: 891
I have to say that the moment of announcing was not well chosen. An announcement on Amalia´s birthday or Christmas would have been great! But now with the tragedy in Asia it is
not really good.Now,they could have waited till New Year.
Somewhere else I read that Maxima will not have the bed-rest time as she had in her first pregnancy.Why not? Can you say that already? What was the problem in her first pregnancy?

Last time Maxima announced it on June 18th,2003 and Mette-Marit on July 4th,2003.
So perhaps there will be an announcement by the Norwegian Court on January 13th or on Ingrid Alexandra´s first birthday that Mette-marit is expecting again?:p
__________________
Has somebody recorded the christening of Ingrid Alexandra?It was so nice to see all of them together as a happy family...
  #29  
Old 12-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Ennyllorac's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,974
All I have to say is that I wish them much happiness and a healthy baby.
__________________
  #30  
Old 12-28-2004, 05:45 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
I have to say that the moment of announcing was not well chosen. An announcement on Amalia´s birthday or Christmas would have been great! But now with the tragedy in Asia it is
not really good.Now,they could have waited till New Year.
Part of me agrees with what people are saying about the timing. But speculation has been going so nuts about this lately that I wonder if they even thought they had an option. She REALLY looks pregnant in a lot of pictures, so it is impossible to wait much longer. My thought was maybe they paired it with C-A's birthday because they knew they would already be putting out an annoucment/photos to mark her birthday. This way they only have one announcement instead of two. In which case, that is really nice that they did that.

As for the comments that she won't need bedrest - they don't know that yet. Very strange that they would mention it.
__________________
Check it out: Royal News Examiner
  #31  
Old 12-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Good news for the family but not the best timing with the Asia tragedy. And the temper tantrum was really childish and unprofessional when she was infact pregnant. You did not see Infanta Cristina do that when the press speculated that she was pregnant....
__________________
  #32  
Old 12-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by megknight
Part of me agrees with what people are saying about the timing. But speculation has been going so nuts about this lately that I wonder if they even thought they had an option. She REALLY looks pregnant in a lot of pictures, so it is impossible to wait much longer. My thought was maybe they paired it with C-A's birthday because they knew they would already be putting out an annoucment/photos to mark her birthday. This way they only have one announcement instead of two. In which case, that is really nice that they did that.
Weren't the photos of Amalia's birthday delayed already because of the official mourning period for Prince Bernhard?

I think that because Maxima will likely be out and about in the next few weeks whether officially or privately, it would've been hard to conceal the pregnancy much more. Even though it is winter and bulky jackets can hide a fair amount, you can't hide everything. The news had to be announced sooner rather than later.

And while the tragedy in Asia at the time is quite a terrible loss of life, there could always be one reason or another as to why they shouldn't have announced their happy news. Two weeks ago it was that the official mourning period for Prince Bernhard was still ongoing, this week it was the unforseen tragedy in Asia; next week it could be something else terrible (knock on wood not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel S
If you would stop for a sec & take into account the situation at hand you'd see that they did the right thing. First off they cancelled the informal press metting to avoid having to talk about it at that moment & simply postponed saying anything for 2 more weeks. Probaby because of the death of the Prince B & also because of the protocol waiting period of 13 weeks. I think they knew they could not hold out more than 2 weeks so they used that time to prepare an announcement. Also they had every right to be upset #1 because it's not very nice to take away a parents joy to announce a pregnancy. #2 because of the 13 week waiting period & #3 because of the mouring period of Prince B.

I mean I'd be angry too if my grandfather died recently & someone announced my pregancy before my 13 week period without my permission while my family was still in mouring! I mean really how would you feel?
I think in some ways Willem and Maxima set themselves up for the news to be spoiled. Didn't they set up the informal press meeting post-Prince Bernhard's death and funeral -- a time when officially they were still in mourning. As I recall, when it was posted here, some members said that the last time Willem and Maxima met unofficially with the press it was to announce Maxima's pregnancy with Amalia, so the expectations were also for a similar announcement this time around.

If they had truly wanted to announce the news themselves directly, they would've waited until this week to set up an informal meeting with the press and to release Amalia's first birthday pictures, to thank the public for their well wishes, cards and gifts for Amalia as well as announcing the pregnancy news.

They tipped their hand with the announcement of the press meeting during the mourning period, only to pull the rug out when the rumours started swirling uncontrollably about a second pregnancy and they couldn't reveal the news themselves. The fact of the matter is that there were always rumours of Maxima (and every other CP) being pregnant whether she really was or not; this time was no different.

The protocol of waiting three months wouldn't have necessarily been met two weeks ago; as it is barely being met now if you figure that Maxima became pregnant sometime in October. If it was October 1 then January 1 would be the three month mark, and if it was any time after October that is even further away from the three month mark.
__________________
  #33  
Old 12-28-2004, 06:23 PM
hrhcp's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
And the temper tantrum was really childish and unprofessional when she was infact pregnant.
Would you agree with me, that they might have lost some credibility with the press, and even more with the readership ?
__________________
"Every decision is right for its time."
  #34  
Old 12-28-2004, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp
Would you agree with me, that they might have lost some credibility with the press, and even more with the readership ?
I think I see your point about the credibility. I think in hindsight their actions seemed a bit childish, like giving a child a toy to play with for a few minutes only to snatch it away just as they were learning what all the bells and whistles were about.

Unlike last time around with Amalia where there was pure, unadultered happy expressions to the news, I am seeing a fair amount of discussion about "hissy fits" and "temper tantrums" by this couple, which is unfortunate as it should be about the joy of this second pregnancy and new arrival.

I think there was a much better way to handle the situation, even considering the official mourning period for Prince Bernhard and the holidays.

Another thought: Why not have let Queen Beatrix announce it during her Christmas speech a few days ago?
__________________
  #35  
Old 12-28-2004, 06:56 PM
StefanievonRantzau's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ..., Denmark
Posts: 35
Wonderful news! Another baby is a joyful prospect.

I don't blame WA & Maxima for being upset with the press. I certainly wouldn't want the media dictating MY agenda. A pregnancy is a personal thing, no matter how public a life you lead. Imagine being in Maxima's shoes and having to bear the scrutiny. I hope that she is shown some compassion.
__________________
  #36  
Old 12-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Nichola's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , United Kingdom
Posts: 396
Lovely news!
__________________
  #37  
Old 12-28-2004, 10:20 PM
ILoveCristina's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Spain
Posts: 309
I find it really cute that the big sister to be "announced" it!! It's great news:)
__________________
What's in a name?
That which we call a rose
by any other word would smell as sweet

http://royalnews.w4.clicdev.com/f/index.php
  #38  
Old 12-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Ennyllorac's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,974
In all honesty, I don't see what the big deal is. None of us really know the reasoning behind the timing of the announcement except those involved. It's their lives and they should be able to choose when and where they make the announcement.
__________________
  #39  
Old 12-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Julia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,514
What marvelous news! Congratulations to the couple! And, I am sure that Queen Beatrix is thrilled to have another grandchild on the way....
__________________
It's clever, but is it art? ~Rudyard Kipling
  #40  
Old 12-28-2004, 11:25 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
when dues of her baby's born?

Sara Boyce
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Máxima - Official Biography carlota King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family 7 02-18-2009 07:34 AM
Willem-Alexander and Máxima: Official Portraits carlota King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family 22 02-04-2008 04:45 PM
Princess Máxima is Pregnant for the 3rd time! lula King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family 136 04-11-2007 05:59 AM
Mary is Pregnant Cissan Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 346 10-14-2005 09:46 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]