"Máxima, una historia real" by Argentine Journalists (2008-2009)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Part two

The honeymoon went to....:Aruba!!Says the booklet...
Ney,they went to St.Moritz to stay at Freddie Heineken''s villa with her family,and went to New-Zealand afterwards (page 199).
Oh and no,the Prince does not own a private jet,another false fact.

The two idiots have no clue on the Royal House finances.
They claim Maxima earns 825.000euro (page 163) nor 893.000 on page 893.000,instead she earns 241.000 euro.

It gets totally nasty further on:

The dutch PM set the date of the wedding...NO,the couples choice.

The Queen had it in writing and made Maxima sign for it that she was obliged to deliver an Heir and the Queen would name the royal babies!!!!The bloody nonsense!No such thing happened. ( page 252)

The wedding dress was Beatrix''s choice,not Maxima''s,which is absolutely total bullocks really.

They claim Amalia was named after Amalia von Solms-Laubach* 1654,but that happed to be after Amalia von Solms - Braunfels* 1602

Maxima did not give an interview two days after the delivery to explain the names,Alexander did that when he went to the townhall to officially register Amalia.page 256

How they met difers from what we know happened by our own Alexander and Maxima.

"" Their version"" claims that a woman,a common friend,Cynthia Kauffmann,introduced them and Alexander first grapped for Maxima''s butt when they met in Sevilla....This,dear readers,is false,not true.

The couples own imagination gets the better of them the entire book long.And quite frankly,I''m fet up with translating so much nonsense for today.
Oh yes,another gaffe,histerical mistake.The authors claim Papa and Mama Zorreguieta stayed at the London Ritz on the Queens expenses.Not true.
Our RVD denies that too,as I always did.The Zorreguieta''s stayed with dear Juanito aka HM King Juan Carlos,one of Queen Beatrix closest friends.
I always knew,but hardly ever mentioned,and funny thing,no-one believed it either.:lol:Arrangements/details were discussed during a State Visit by our Spanish Royal Couple to The Netherlands shortly before the wedding,remember?..:)

Oh,enough for today,there isn''t anything worth while left anyway.
Save your bucks,read it in a library if you can''t be stopped..:rolleyes:

Jezz...are you going to blog again on me,uh,this...don''t mention me untill I have my hair done and a pic taken...

In the Eindhoven's Dagblad (Newspaper) there was an article about the book and they said that the things we didn't know were full of mistakes and it wasn't relevant at all.

These two journalist just want to make money over Maxima's back.

Even the newspaper 'De Telegraaf', which is famously inaccurate, is talking about the many inaccuracies of the book. They dedicated the entire 3rd page to the book though, Maxima sells. There were some funny stories about Maxima's relatives at the wedding in AMsterdam and apparently Maxima practiced in the New Church with a curtai wrapped around her middle, the day before the wedding.

some one may be can clarified this, i remeber to read somewhere that after the wedding alexander surprise maxima taking her to see her parents in england, anyone knosws anything aobut that?

Yes, thus far it was said in the press that her parents were actually in Madrid and that they visited them there before they went to the Heineken chalet in St. Moritz. Considering the many mistakes in the book it is tempting to assume that this is another one.

i read about that much before all this book nonses but i probably belive theat alexander wanted to surprise her with the visit of her parents when they couldn't be present at her wedding, i think is a a realy nice gesture of him, it had to be hard in that day not to have your parents, so he probaly did soemthing! to confort her1 soemtime i think they were there but camuflash! just a silly thought of me!

Nothing like nice, high quality journalism is there? ;)

According to newspaper 'De Telegraaf' the authors actually spoke about two supposed ex boyfriends. Nothing that shocking from the Italian ex (whose name I usually forget - this time is no exception ;)), just that they discovered Buenos Aires nightlife together or something in that direction. The other one, Dieter Zimmerman (who is her ex according to the authors though the -Dutch- press established that he was not, and sometimes it is suggested he is gay; even by the boulevard magazines) comments slightly more. The relationship between Maxima an Zimmerman was already over when she met the prince. A thing the Telegraaf mentions is that according to the authors Maxima's mother once introduced Zimmermann to somebody as 'the sweet jew boy'.

Last edited:
i meant that it is nice of alexander to take her ater their wedding to see the parents, i am not talking about journalist1 sorry

i meant that it is nice of alexander to take her ater their wedding to see the parents, i am not talking about journalist1 sorry

Oh yes,wasn't it.:)
They flew to Madrid at the Zarzuela where her parents were the guests of Juanito.They were able to see Maxima on her wedding day,in her wedding dress and the beautifull jewellery.All that was arranged in details at the Spanish State Visit shortly before the wedding,as Maxima first appeared officially as the fiancee of Alexander at the State Banquet at the Royal Palace here,wearing Queen Juliana's aquamarine parure,remember? :flowers:

Oh yes,wasn't it.:)
They flew to Madrid at the Zarzuela where her parents were the guests of Juanito.They were able to see Maxima on her wedding day,in her wedding dress and the beautifull jewellery.All that was arranged in details at the Spanish State Visit shortly before the wedding,as Maxima first appeared officially as the fiancee of Alexander at the State Banquet at the Royal Palace here,wearing Queen Juliana's aquamarine parure,remember? :flowers:
sorry i dont' remeber the acaumarine event, but you meant they saw her in tv? sorry i am confuse now?

Lucien and Marengo, Thank you for your updates and clarifications on this "book."

Lucien and Marengo, Thank you for your updates and clarifications on this "book."

You are welcome TLLK. Mind you, I haven't read it yet so my opinion is only based on what was written in the press, which wasn't too positive. And although there are many mistakes there should be some intersting parts too, I am sure a part of the material will be used for more serious biographies in the future, when there is more to tell about Máxima.

And even more mistakes!!!

Re: Mercado Abierto -> the company confirmed that Maxima worked for them for a few months in 1989/1990. So the authors claims are once again wrong.

Added to that, royalblog reports that 'sources in The Hague' -and note that royalblog is by GDP papers, so they actually have sources - catagorically deny that Maxima was ever involved with a Dieter Zimmermann. She was renting his apartment while he was still registered there and the two only met twice.

And even more mistakes!!!

Re: Mercado Abierto -> the company confirmed that Maxima worked for them for a few months in 1989/1990. So the authors claims are once again wrong.

Added to that, royalblog reports that 'sources in The Hague' -and note that royalblog is by GDP papers, so they actually have sources - catagorically deny that Maxima was ever involved with a Dieter Zimmermann. She was renting his apartment while he was still registered there and the two only met twice.

I already said that.It is all on the Royal House website,the Mercado story,always was since Maxima was " added ".

The Dutch Royal House

True, but the new part is that it was now denied by the company itself, not only by the RVD.

-
We can always count of newspaper 'De Telegraaf' for some good soundbites, they named the book: 'Bridget Jones Revisited' ;).

-
It seems the article in La Nacion was written by the authors of the book, so a critical review might be too much to expect. Click here (in Spanish only and thanks Verde!).

-
And another thing, royal blog says the following: 'The Dutch journalist asked to accept the first copy, Wednesday in Buenos Aires, even cancelled his trip to Argentina'. Any idea which journalist this is, the blog implies that he/she cancelled because the book is rather disappointing.

-

I can't imagine that Jorge and Carmen Zorreguieta actually stayed at La Zarzuela itself, sharing the television set with king Juan Carlos ;). AFAIK it is usually said that they stayed as guests of the Spanish King, and that they stayed in Madrid. I suppose that could mean there were in a guesthouse of Zarzuela (assuming it has one)? Added to that, I am not sure where the information comes from either, but as usual these things get repeated in the press and because it is stated so often it is assumed that it is true.

-

Last thing: when will the book actually be available in stores?

Last edited:
JFK Jr.?
Every woman in New York was chasing after him! He was gorgeous, rich, famous - I wouldn't blame Maxima -

JFK Jr.?
Every woman in New York was chasing after him! He was gorgeous, rich, famous - I wouldn't blame Maxima -

This was claimed by 1 bitter gossip journalist - Evert Santegoeds - who has a vendetta with the RF as they often sue him succesfully. The facts are however that Máxima arrived in NYC in July 1996 and JFK jr. married in September 1996.... So not much time for chasing, esp. since she was probably busy in moving & getting settled in a house and starting a new job while he must have been busy planning a wedding.
The story seems utterly implausable, it is more likely that the chasing only happened in the head of Mr. Santegoeds.

Last edited:
-
And another thing, royal blog says the following: 'The Dutch journalist asked to accept the first copy, Wednesday in Buenos Aires, even cancelled his trip to Argentina'. Any idea which journalist this is, the blog implies that he/she cancelled because the book is rather disappointing.

Alex de Vries

Alex de Vries

Thanks Victoria! He is the chariman of the VVKH, the association for reporters of the royal house. And he is also the royalty reporter for 'De Telegraaf', the biggest newspaper of the country.

Tomorrow's edition of LNR magazine (edited every Sunday by La Nación newspaper) features Máxima on the cover, and will give an overview of the book "Máxima, una historia real". It will be available tomorrow through this link

Revista - lanacion.com | Edición impresa

Thanks Verde Esmeralda for the link.

thank you very much, Lucien and Marengo! Your posts are quite helpful and informative.
Well, I think these two authors won't write any book again lol. How is it possible to spend so many time announcing a book with such publicity and then present a book full of mistakes?!

Anyway... I think the book can still gives interesting facts about her (if these facts are indeed true). In this site (about the book) you can read what Maxima wrote on her school yearbook of 1988:

"Ambitions? Too many to explain.
Saying? There are no thorns without roses, there are no roses without thorns"

A wise teenager, I must say :)

Well...I'm sure of a single thing: I will NEVER purchase this book!!!! I have better ways to waste my money!Vanesa.

Ineke Holthuis, the journalist of the NOS who first 'discovered' Máxima was in the interview & discussion programme 'Pauw & Witteman' last night, to give her view of the book. She said that apart from all the mistakes the authors seem to have watched to many tele novella's: they want to create a fairytale of an insecure girl, a prince who flies in private jets (even when he isn't), the evil mother-in-law etc. Her final verdict: 'pulp', an no wonder that even a journalist of the Telegraaf doesn't want to attach his name to it.

She also says that it got some press in Brazil and Chile and that it is presented as a 'forbidden' book, that the court is furious etc, which doesn't seem to be the case at all.

-----
A good laugh for April Fools day, one of the authors told RTL Boulevard that ALL mistakes were because of the translation, so the Spanish version should be 100% correct :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
The spanish edition of this piece of pulp in reality contains even MORE errors than the dutch version.

I won't be buying this book either. I hope no one here in Holland does. They should spend their money on more respectable authors.

As for this book getting attention in other countries, it's just laughable. Too bad those countries don't realize these writers are in reality nothing more than gossipjourno's with wayyyyyy too much fantasy.

as the blog entry said: "as it was less eloquently put by Revu journalist Frénk van der Linden: ‘Máxima is like a TEFAL pan, all dirt just slides of’." :) i can't add more to that. i think it's obvious that these people wanted money and did not even bother putting the time and effort into getting it. i'm glad the dutch press dedicated time to analyse the (errorfull) book!

Argentinean journalists Gonzalo Alvarez Garrido (L) and Soledad Ferrari (R) poses with their book 'Maxima, a real history' (Maxima, una historia real), a unapproved biography of Nederlands pincess born in Argentina Maxima Zorreguieta, during its launching in Buenos Aires, Argentina, 01 April 2009. EPA/DIEGO SILVA

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mez77m.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/33wlgqq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Argentinean journalists Gonzalo Alvarez Garrido (L) and Soledad Ferrari (R) poses with their book 'Maxima, a real history' (Maxima, una historia real), a unapproved biography of Nederlands pincess born in Argentina Maxima Zorreguieta, during its launching in Buenos Aires, Argentina, 01 April 2009. EPA/DIEGO SILVA
Just a side note: I think a little mistake sneaked into the English title here, which should be 'Maxima, a royal history' since the Spanish word 'real' means 'royal' in English.
And to play upon the pun: it seems not to be a 'real history' but rather an 'un-real history', given the number of mistakes in it.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom