Names for Willem-Alexander and Maxima's 3rd child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the name Annika, as some have mentioned.

I also like Anna, but isn't that what Mauritis' oldest daughter is called? I know her full name is Anastasia, but I thought she was called Anna.

I think Aurelia is absolutely beautiful.

Princess Aurelia Margriet Emma Louise

irishchic5 said:
I love the name Annika, as some have mentioned.

I also like Anna, but isn't that what Mauritis' oldest daughter is called? I know her full name is Anastasia, but I thought she was called Anna.

I think she is known as Anna

i'd like her to be called Aurora or Antonia

Aurora Beatrix Marie Louise
Antonia Beatrix Marie Louise

i think both names are very pretty and suited for a beautiful little princess. but i'm sure that whatever name they do choose it'd be just as perfect as the previous two :flowers:

This are my choises:
-Maria
-Victoria
-Martine
-Julia

+ Wilhemina Inés Mabel

I think they'll choose another six-letter A name: Andrea, Adalia, Adela, Adrina, Agatha, Aileen, Aislin, Alicia, Aimee, Alaina, Alanna, Alayna, Alaura, Albina, Aldona, Alegra, Alessa, Aliana, Alison, Allene, Allete, Almira, Alodia, Alodie, Alucia, Amable, Amanda, Amelia, Angela, Annika, Anthea, Ariana, Arissa, Arlene, Armina, I know most of these aren't Dutch, and don't appear in the Dutch Royal Family, historically, but there they are.

Two others I like, but who aren't six letters: Adela, which is Spanish, and Aleydis, which is Dutch

Aleydis means "of the Noble sort"

I do not think that they will use either Beatrix or Juliana as those names are already used in their other two daughters, as well as being used extensively in the family.

Emma and Sophie are also used with the children of Friso, and Sophie is also used with one of the children of Constantijn and Laurentien. Also, Emma is used in the new Van Vollenhoven baby, that of Anita. Irene is also used in the name of Leonore, the second daughter of Constantijn and Laurentien, and Beatrix is used in the first daughter, so with so many close relations with those names, I think that they might be out of the running.

LadyK said:
I think they'll choose another six-letter A name: Andrea, Adalia, Adela, Adrina, Agatha, Aileen, Aislin, Alicia, Aimee, Alaina, Alanna, Alayna, Alaura, Albina, Aldona, Alegra, Alessa, Aliana, Alison, Allene, Allete, Almira, Alodia, Alodie, Alucia, Amable, Amanda, Amelia, Angela, Annika, Anthea, Ariana, Arissa, Arlene, Armina, I know most of these aren't Dutch, and don't appear in the Dutch Royal Family, historically, but there they are.

Two others I like, but who aren't six letters: Adela, which is Spanish, and Aleydis, which is Dutch

Aleydis means "of the Noble sort"

Allene is a possibility, to Allene Countess Kotzebue, an aunt to the late Prince Bernhard and godmother to the Queen.

Arminia is a possibility, to Armin Prince zur Lippe, the head of the dynasty of Lippe to which also the Queen belongs.

Amalia is already used.

The other names are more un-dutch.

Anna is a frequent name (Anna of Egmond, Anna of Saxony, Anna of Hannover, Anna Paulovna of Russia, etc.)

Other A-names are Armgard (grandmother of Queen Beatrix), Albertine-Agnes (direct ancestor).

Names with -ia are also traditional: Sophia, Emilia, Frederica, Antwerpiana, Brabantia, Flandria. Unlikely, but you never know, see Luana and Zaria.

I'm curious how Albertine is pronounced. Can anyone attempt to explain, I know it might be hard to explain. Thanks in advance.

Kind of strange I wouldn't think that I would really like the name Agnes but it's quickly grown on me. I think it might be nice for a royal princess. It has history and a royal somewhat traditional sound. I like it!

Last edited:
I kind of think Maria or Marie could be included somewhere and also maybe Maxima's name. although I'm having a hard time making it fit with some of the combos of names I have in my head right now.

Aurora810 said:
I'm curious how Albertine is pronounced. Can anyone attempt to explain, I know it might be hard to explain. Thanks in advance.

Kind of strange I wouldn't think that I would really like the name Agnes but it's quickly grown on me. I think it might be nice for a royal princess. It has history and a royal somewhat traditional sound. I like it!

Princess Albertina-Agnes is not so difficult. Think about Alberta in Canada. But replace the -ta by -tina.

In Dutch the e in Albertina is a real 'e' while in English this is more spoken with a sort of 'u'-sound.

:flowers:

Thanks I got it! I just wanted to make sure I was saying it right.

Anna Carolina Georgina Christina Margaretha

Aurora810 said:
I kind of think Maria or Marie could be included somewhere and also maybe Maxima's name. although I'm having a hard time making it fit with some of the combos of names I have in my head right now.

Anna = a very frequent name in the dynasty

Carolina = is a dynastical name and is now used by the little Princess' cousin María Carolina de Bourbon de Parme, a possible godmother

Georgina / Georgiana = female form of George, a name in the father's as well in both the grandfathers' names

Margaretha = to Prince Willem-Alexander's beloved and popular aunt Princess Margriet, also a possible godmother

Christina = an -ina sound, to Prince Willem-Alexander's aunt Princess Christina, looks unlikely to me as he seems not so close with her

I wonder if they'd consider Annette, Anita, or Aimee which are "A-list" names.

No one's betting on a 'Claudia'?
Or even Claudia Christina Ines? All family names & not yet used

but then, as everyone's saying, they're likely to go with -a(..)ia --though I hope not!

Last edited:
Arietta
Anika
Sophia
Marina
Bea

Middle names : Margriet Ines Mabel

Last edited:
Arietta is a nice name

I love Antonia and Aurelia and these would be nice choices for the princess name. But maybe they will change a bit this time and go gor a non A name. Maybe Martina, Olivia or Susanna (sorry, but I don't have any idea if they are Dutch names or not).

I've just been Googleing Dutch names, and I found one that I absolutely love Lijsbeth :wub: and Katelijn is gorgeous too

love Katelijn! But little hope on that one..

perhaps they'll go for Frisia? After Friso

princess olga said:
love Katelijn! But little hope on that one..

perhaps they'll go for Frisia? After Friso

"Frisia" is the name of a company that sells mortgages/lends money here in Holland, so I doubt it :)

Claudia is the first Princess of Orange in the Nassau-dynasty

princess olga said:
No one's betting on a 'Claudia'?
Or even Claudia Christina Ines? All family names & not yet used

but then, as everyone's saying, they're likely to go with -a(..)ia --though I hope not!

The first Princess of Orange in the Nassau dynasty was Claudia de Châlon d'Arlais, Princesse d'Orange (1498-1521), daughter of Jean de Châlon d'Arlais, Prince d'Orange and Philiberte de Luxembourg-Ligny.

In 1515 Claudia married Hendrik III of Nassau and brought the principality of Orange into the Nassau-dynasty. Since then their lineage up to Queen Beatix is known as the Orange-Nassau line.

:flowers:

Last edited:
I think they should call the baby Juliana. Perfect name for a little princess..:)

2 Juliana's and 7 Bernhards........

Atene said:
I think they should call the baby Juliana. Perfect name for a little princess..:)

Miss Juliana Edenia Antonia Guillermo

Her Royal Highness Princess Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau

His Royal Highness Prince Johan Friso Bernhard Christiaan David of Orange-Nassau, Count of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg

His Highness Prince Bernhard Lucas Emmanuel of Orange-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven

His Royal Highness Prince Carlos Xavier Bernardo de Bourbon de Parme, Prince de Piacenza

His Royal Highness Prince Jaime Bernardo Prince de Bourbon de Parme, Count de Bardi

Mr. Bernardo Frederico Tomas Guillermo

The highborn lord Claus-Casimir Bernhard Marius Max Count of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg

Mr. Samuel Bernhard Louis van Vollenhoven

Yes Henri M. Miss Juliana Edenia Antonia Guillermo is a really nice name:)

My guesses as first name: :flowers:

Anna Karolina
Wilhelmine
Frederika
Louisa
Sophie
Charlotte

Henri M. said:
Miss Juliana Edenia Antonia Guillermo

Her Royal Highness Princess Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau

His Royal Highness Prince Johan Friso Bernhard Christiaan David of Orange-Nassau, Count of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg

His Highness Prince Bernhard Lucas Emmanuel of Orange-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven

His Royal Highness Prince Carlos Xavier Bernardo de Bourbon de Parme, Prince de Piacenza

His Royal Highness Prince Jaime Bernardo Prince de Bourbon de Parme, Count de Bardi

Mr. Bernardo Frederico Tomas Guillermo

The highborn lord Claus-Casimir Bernhard Marius Max Count of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg

Mr. Samuel Bernhard Louis van Vollenhoven

And Isabella Lily Juliana van Vollenhoven

Felica Juliana Bénedicte Barbara van Lippe-Bisterfeld van Vollenhoven

Last edited:
Alicia is still my favourite name for the little baby. It's a beautiful name and starts on 'A'.
I'm not sure how common it is in the Netherlands though.

Last edited:
I read in the newspaper "De Telegraaf" they've asked readers to come up with names, and apparently "Anastasia" came number one, with "Julia" number two and "Alexandra" number three...
The article mentions that the names of the little princess have even kept some readers awake during the night, and gives an example of a reader who dreamt that she was going to be called "Albertine Agnes" :lol:

Sigh...are you sharing your dreams with 'De Telegraaf' now Henri? ;)
-
The name Alicia would be to weird, considering that the other illegitemate daughter of the late Prince Bernhard goes by that name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom