Names for Willem-Alexander and Maxima's 3rd child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t think they will use such Spanish names, they would sound very strange for dutch people. I think they will keep the choosing traditional names of the Orange House.

I think they will stick to the letter A is the baby is a girl, so maybe Anna for a girl?

If the baby is a boy I would like as a previous poster said a name that resembles Maxima, so Max or Maximilian would be great.

rosana said:
I don´t think they will use such Spanish names, they would sound very strange for dutch people. I think they will keep the choosing traditional names of the Orange House.

True, but Alexia isn't really a familyname though. And to dutch ears it doesn't really sound that good either. More then one person (on television and people I know) considered it a somewhat vulgar choise.

-

To Marcus: though I personally love the name Anna, there is already the daughter of Princess Maurits, Anastasia (Anna) van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven. I do not think they will use that name again for this generation.

If a girl:

ANTONIA would be my guess for the "A" name...

Helena? That sounds regal enough.

All bets off for the boy...I bet it is something typically Dutch with a tip to the German side (Papa Claus)...

:rolleyes:

Marengo said:
True, but Alexia isn't really a familyname though. And to dutch ears it doesn't really sound that good either. More then one person (on television and people I know) considered it a somewhat vulgar choise.
yes that is very true: more than one person in my own circle of Dutch friends have told me the name Alexia rather conjures up images of an exotic stripper than it would the image of a dignified princess..:neutral:

Although of course strictly speaking, the name Alexia <does> run in the Oranje family, albeit in a vulgar way, if you will, indeed (the queen's half sister Alexia is the product of Bernhard's not-so-straight shooting ways)...so yes when I heard they chose that name, my thought was: what were these people thinking given the not so great connotations of this name in this family? :wacko:

Lucidu said:
For a boy: Jorge Alexander Victor Andreus
For a girl: Augusta Mathilda Wilhelmina Marie
Jorge? Gosh I hope you're wrong. Papa-in-law Jorge Z. might be a jolly fellow to hang out with on a private level...but morally corrupt is a label that's been attached to him on more than one occasion, what with him denying publicly that he knew anything was amiss, human-rights-wise, when he was a minister in the Videla regime. If they name their kid Jorge as the first name, this prince and princess are complete ignorant idiots, which I don't exactly hold them for. They seem quite in tune these days with the way they are perceived by the common folk, and I don't think they'd make such a mistake.

Love the name Augusta, though, too!! But what about simply 'August' for a boy? Would be quite cute, no? And much better than Jorge, which, corrupt father's name or no, is not a good name in my opinion for a prince, let alone a Dutch one. It doesn't ring right. Why not "August Martin" for a boy? Or "Martina Augusta" for a girl. After her brother.

if it's girl : Theodocia (Thea)
Annabelle
Alexandra
and if it's boy : Theodorus

Last edited:
It is pity that Anna is occupaid...:ermm:
I like Antonia and Anabelle as well and Wilhelmina.:flowers:
In Orange Nassau family now they have many kids and nice and historical names "with background" names are occupaid.:wub:

Since I voted for a baby girl for W-A and M, I predict that they will name her Sophie or Emma. I don't think they will carry on the "A" tradition, and I don't think they will give their baby a hyphenated name either.

Name 3d child Willem-Alexander and Maxima

I love the name Emma. So I hope this will be the name of this child.

Paula Catherine Charlotte Maria :lol:

just kidding...

Ok, so what about Alejandra ( the J making and "H" sound as in Juan). Or is it tooo close to Alexia? But I could see it: Princess Alejandra.

hallo zandrarae

i like the sound of the name alejandra but i do think that s to much not dutch do you now what i mean? when i read the last names you think its a girl....

My suggestions for a Princess:
Juliana Margriet Helena Augusta
Emma Beatrix Marie
Sophie Anna Frederika

And for a Prince:
Wilhelm Claus Paul
Alexander Bernhard Frederik
Maximilian William George

For a girl:
Marianne
Helena
Alexandrine
Carolina
Anne

Boy:
I think the name William/Willem will be included somewhere
Frederik
Peter (what is the Dutch version of this name- Pieter?)
Francis
Martijn

If it's a girl, and they want to continue with the "A" theme, how about Astrid or Anastasia? They're gorgeous names. If they choose to abandon that theme and do something different this time around, might I suggest the following names:

Theresa
Liese
Olivia

Last edited:
Girl
Adriana Christina Juliana
Emma Christina Juliana
Christina Alexandra Beatrix

Boy
Julian Alexander Willem

I will try to think of some more

Lady Jennifer said:
For a girl:
Marianne
Helena
Alexandrine
Carolina
Anne

Boy:
I think the name William/Willem will be included somewhere
Frederik
Peter (what is the Dutch version of this name- Pieter?)
Francis
Martijn

I don't think they will use the name Anne, as it's a very common name. there are alot of girls in the netherlands named Anne, including me ;)

personally I love the names Emma, Sophie and Julia, but these names have also become very common among the people, they're just too normal. I also don't think they will pick a name that is not easy to pronounce by non dutch people, so that's a big no to frisian names :p
although I like names like marieke and femke, they're just not right for a princess.
I don';t think they will pick a normal dutch name, as they didn't with amalia and alexia. (first response from most people to the name catharina-amalia was poor girl.. lol! Although I hated that name in the beginning, I'm used to it now.) I like alexia better.

I really don't know what they will pick, I hope they surprise me, by picking a name like Sophie, although that doesn't sound right with Amalia and Alexia. ugh, I just don;t know!

Sister Morphine said:
If it's a girl, and they want to continue with the "A" theme, how about Astrid or Anastasia? They're gorgeous names. If they choose to abandon that theme and do something different this time around, might I suggest the following names:

Theresa
Liese
Olivia

I don't think they will name a girl Anastacia, because there is already a Anastacia 'Anna' in the family, the daughter of Prince Maurits..

Girl: Julianna Wilhelmina Emma

Boy: Bernhard
Klaus-Alexander
Hans Pieter

I Think Juliana it's a great name!
If it's a boy, then Alexander, or maybe Nicolas.

I´m sure they won´t use Juliana again for it´s Alexia´s second name.
I like Elizabeth or Caroline, but i think it will be a boy.

I totally forgot it's Princess Alexia Juliana! Then I would suggest Louise... but I also feel that it's gonna be boy! By the way: why it is always four names for the royals......:ermm:

Not always, Amalia has five names,some royals have up to ten.

I think Reindert or Reyndert would make a good name for a boy =P

rosana said:
Not always, Amalia has five names,some royals have up to ten.

Amalia has 4 names only, Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria. The hyphen between Catharina and Amalia indicates that it is one name and not two. Alexia has only 4 names to, as do most of the Queens grandchildren, so I am guessing that this one will receive 4 names to.

Rey said:
I think Reindert or Reyndert would make a good name for a boy =P

Reyndert is a nice name indeed and it has a nice ring to it, but I think they will chose a name which is more 'international' as they did with their daughters.

Welcome to TRF by the way, good to have another Limbourgian here :flowers: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom