Máxima's Voice, Accent and Languages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They both have very deep and sexy voices - W-A and Maxima. :wub:

Why is everyone talking about; German..
Were did you hear Maxima or WA speak in German?

I love Maxima's accent. I adore it, I hope she never looses that accent. It is too cute. :)
And she speaks dutch very well. Sometimes she searches for words or makes mistakes, but that is normal for your second or third language I guess..

Blauw Bloed showed a clip of Maxima, Beatrix and WA in Turkey. I noticed that Maxima spoke French to a journalist. And her accent was not too bad at all!

Marengo said:
Blauw Bloed showed a clip of Maxima, Beatrix and WA in Turkey. I noticed that Maxima spoke French to a journalist. And her accent was not too bad at all!

Do you have a link for that? I would love to hear her speaking French.

Thank you very much! I agree, she seems to have a good accent. Yes, I think she has a talent for languages.

Maxima seems to have a British accent when she's saying some words, but not others. She has a good accent, though, and she speaks good English.

Honestly I don't like her voice. It's too masculine.

CP Maxima is just so exuberant in everything she does, including speaking. She is just so infectious you just can't help smiling with her.

Probably princess Maxima presents a mix of different accents, anyway its' lovely...

I wonder if her voice would be so deep and husky if she had never smoked.

lilytornado said:
Thank you very much! I agree, she seems to have a good accent. Yes, I think she has a talent for languages.

I believe Princess Mathilde commented during the Dutch State Visit that Princess Maxima was also learning French.

mirrjam said:
Why is everyone talking about; German..
Were did you hear Maxima or WA speak in German?

in a video from lech willem-alexander spoke in a really good german to the austrian press. maxima however spoke in english. as i said before i thought it sounds like a british accent, despite the fact she lived in new york. perhaps she was taught british english in northlands?

her voice is deep but what's more important is the words she says rather than her accent. i heard her speaking about microfinance while she visited argentina and she spoke with determination and personality, while at the same time mantaining all the time an academic, expert speech. her spanish accent seems to not have changed so far. she still has an argentinian accent...

when did mathilde mention that she was learning french? what did she say exactly? i didn't know royals had such intimate conversations with the press... :lol:

carlota said:
as i said before i thought it sounds like a british accent, despite the fact she lived in new york. perhaps she was taught british english in northlands?

That is very well possible. Northlands College is a good-old British style (boarding)school for the happy few (it is expensive). The pupils are teached perfectly bilingual (Spanish and English).

Northlands School was founded in 1920 by two visionary English women, Miss Winifred M. Brightman and Ms. Muriel Ivy Slater. It opened its doors on April 1 of that year to 16 students (both boys and girls) and within a short time it had developed a solid reputation. Three years later Northlands stopped receiving boys while it acquired renown as the best girls’ school in South America. Its basic principles, which were to stimulate students to achieve a high academic level, always keeping in mind the integral formation of each person, were to become consolidated in the School motto of “Friendship and Service”.

The Prince of Orange also speaks 'British English' as he has been on boarding school in Wales (Atlantic College, Llantwit Major).

carlota said:
when did mathilde mention that she was learning french? what did she say exactly? i didn't know royals had such intimate conversations with the press... :lol:

Though I don' t recall this particular episode I assume it was during the Dutch statevisit to Belgium. Unlike in The Netherlands the Belgian press is not obliged to turn away the microphone when the royals are talking, so the camera s overheard a conversation of Mathilde, Laurent, Maxima and Fabiola. Laurent was praising Maxima for learning Dutch so well and Fabiola said something about the Hispanic/Latin culture (in relation to learning other languages).

Does anyone have a link where we can hear Princess Máxima speaking in Spanish??

Does anyone have a link where we can hear Princess Máxima speaking in Spanish??

I have always been curious about the same thing, but never found one.

The infamous stolen video footage (in which she talks to baby Amalia in spanish, during a private visit to Argentina in 2004) is no longer available on the web - I actually never got to see it.

I only heard her pronouncing a single phrase in Spanish during a compilation of her visit to Argentina in March 2006, in a Blauw Bloed programme.

I have tried to get any footage on her speech in the UCA (Universidad Católica Argentina, from which she got her degree in Economics), maar nee...

As long as I know, she has never given any interview to the local press in her own language.

I have tried to get any footage on her speech in the UCA (Universidad Católica Argentina, from which she got her degree in Economics), maar nee...

As long as I know, she has never given any interview to the local press in her own language.

Me neither...
I just heard her speaking spanish on the dvd Máxima 5 jaar prinses. The dvd shows a part of her speak at the UCA.

how many languages does Maxima speak?

At least three:

She has had a bilingual education in Spanish and English.
She has learned Dutch exceptionally well.
And she was apparently heard having an animated conversation in French, but we do not know how well she masters it.

i heard her speaking in spanish during that very same visit. it wasn't a proper interview, but what she told the reporters about the microcredits at the beginning of her visit, when she visited the argentinian province of jujuy. her spanish was very much argentinian, i'd say. i will try to find the video and post it here, but believe it was already taken out....

I was not aware that Maxima could speak French, in fact it is the first time that I hear that.
Does anyone know if there is some video?
In Argentina many people can speak French, however, since she went to a British School I don't think she learnt French there.

i found it! here's the video of her speaking in spanish to the argentinian media. i believe it was the first or second day of her argentinian official visit.

while it's nice to hear her speaking in spanish, what's more important is what she says. she truly sounds like an intelligent, prepared person.

click on the link and then click on the right side, about the middle of the article where it says: Video | “Tenemos que dar microcréditos a las actividades que generan ingresos”, dijo la princesa.(TN)

La princesa Máxima se reunió con pequeños emprendedores en Jujuy

At least three:

She has had a bilingual education in Spanish and English.
She has learned Dutch exceptionally well.
And she was apparently heard having an animated conversation in French, but we do not know how well she masters it.

Her french is excellent.You could hear her reply in french during the State Visit to Turkey,she replied in french in the Bazar,for what they say about the dutch;"Kijken kijken maar nooit kopen',remember?it is on one of the video's of the visit on this thread.
:)

Honestly I don't like her voice. It's too masculine.

I second that. Her voice is to deep and masculine, like a voice of any hevy smoker. There are so many women in Europe with voices like that. Such a turn off! I could only imagine how bad is her breath. Luckily her husband is a smoker too.

I second that. Her voice is to deep and masculine, like a voice of any hevy smoker. There are so many women in Europe with voices like that. Such a turn off! I could only imagine how bad is her breath. Luckily her husband is a smoker too.
I've never heard her voice but actually, I like deep voices more than high ones. (can I use the word "high" in connection with "voice":ermm:)

Does Maxima smoke?

Back
Top Bottom