The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Heir Apparent

We royal watchers need to learn our lesson: don't believe in pregnancies until the respective Royal House confirms it

Old 04-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Aristocracy

crisiñaki, you're right!!

Old 04-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
oh no, not again Those magazines are crazy. ^^
it's true , they say that every week. cannot hear that anymore...
I don't think he's pregnant again..
Old 05-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Some covers of this week. According to weekend 'sources in The Hague' say that Maxima spends 3000,- euros a week on clothes. Story compares her style with that of the late princess of Wales and Prive says that the princess is turning 35 and is prettier then ever before.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Old 05-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Some covers of this week. According to weekend 'sources in The Hague' say that Maxima spends 3000,- euros a week on clothes. Story compares her style with that of the late princess of Wales and Prive says that the princess is turning 35 and is prettier then ever before.
I saw the three of them in the store yesterday. I never buy that crap, because I'm totally not interested in it, but I always browse the covers to see of there are some nice pics of Maxima. (Normally I have to conclude that I've already seen them on TRF)...
I totally agree with the third one of course, the second one is just too stupid for words (Come on, lots of people wear black and white clothes without even thinking about Diana, Maxima or do I know who) and the first one: hahahaha. It probably isn't true, but if it is: good for her! :p
Old 05-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by misshelen
Oranje Boven
Where do you get these magazines? Are they in subscriptions or special editions?
Old 05-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Administrator

The 'Oranje Boven' magazine is a free royalty magazine (monthly I think), which you can get at a chain of supermarkets.
The others you need to subscribe to. 'Vorsten Royale' is the best one by far, Story, Prive and Weekend are boulevard magazines.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
I saw the three of them in the store yesterday. I never buy that crap, because I'm totally not interested in it, but I always browse the covers to see of there are some nice pics of Maxima. (Normally I have to conclude that I've already seen them on TRF)...
I totally agree with the third one of course, the second one is just too stupid for words (Come on, lots of people wear black and white clothes without even thinking about Diana, Maxima or do I know who) and the first one: hahahaha. It probably isn't true, but if it is: good for her! :p
Well, one of the advantages is that you see the pictures much larger, and you get some details that you would not get on the internet versiopn of the pictures. I saw the aquamarine tiara in a magazine (believe it was 'Vorsten') and it looked much less plastic as you could see the cut of the stone much better.
I never buy them either, just take a peek in the bookshop of the trainstation when I am waiting for the intercity...
Old 05-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Serene Highness

Hmmm, would be interesting to see that the aquamarine tiara is not a plastic one. Besides the fact I don't want to buy these magazines, I don't have to, because my parents have them in the so-called 'Leesmap', so when I'm on my monthly visit I always take a look at the boulevard magazines. Normally they are about 6 weeks old and not up-to-date, but looking at the pictures is always a good passtime. I ignore the texts, because normally I can't stand them. Nothing is true and it's written in a style I detest. Reading them makes me go 'Aaaargh!' so I wisely stick to watching the pics. :p
Old 05-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Administrator

I am doing exactly the same at my parents place Maxie!!!! :) But the Donald Duck magazine is still my favourite in the 'Leesmap'.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Serene Highness

Hahaha, a 'leesmap' must be a typical Dutch thing, as you can read them everywhere. I read them at the hair dresser's too and when I'm at the snackbar to get myself some fast food. :)

(For the not Dutch people: a 'Leesmap' is a collection of different magazines (about 20, I think) which you can subscribe to and which are delivered at your home. Normally the magazines are quite old (about 5 or 6 weeks) and you get one week to read them. Than you have to hand them in and get a new 'leesmap' for the next week.)

Marengo, I'm still reading the 'Tina' too. Can you imagine that? How girlie can one be? :p
Old 05-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prive says that the princess is turning 35 and is prettier then ever before.
Is Prive hoping to gain the favor of the couple by printing such a nicer cover. Anyway, I must say that I agree, I do think that Máxima has blossomed over the years and looks more and more beautfiul.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Point De Vue this week features Princess Maxima with a 10 pg coverage.
images from pointdeuve.fr
Old 05-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Woe, I am amazed that she made it to the cover of Point de Vue. She isn't one of their favourites I noticed through the years.
On a sidenote, the tiara looks great in this picture, as you can see it does not stop at the side-'horns'.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Administrator

I bought Point de Vue and they give 10 points why Maxima will be the perfect Queen, with pictures and text. The devoted 10 pages to her (!) the points were:
1. elle est populaire (she is popular)
2. elle est souriant (she is radiant)
3. elle est drole (she is funny)
4. elle est amoureuse (she in love)
5. elle est complice (she is commited)
6. elle es tendre (she is tender)
7. elle est genereuse (she is generous)
8. elle est bonne copine (she is a good friend)
9. elle est infatigable (she is infatigable)
10. elle est totalement royale (she is completely royal)

The article used Marc van der Linden, from dutch gossip magazine 'Weekend' as a source. He commented on a possible abdication of Beatrix in the near future. And guess what he put in his magazine 'Weekend' a few days later?...........Maxima will be Queen soon, even french magazine 'Point de Vue reported on that'! It must be hard to get the pages of such magazines filled. They even use the same picture on the cover!!

In this weeks 'Prive' Maxima is pregnant again. Good sources at the Bronovo hospital say she is in her 7th week. Oh dear....

Old 06-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

As you said, Marengo. It apparently is hard to fill these magazines...
Amazing how someone can get pregnant about 78 times a year. And when she really is, they always say: 'Yes! We knew it!'
Well, that's no big surprise if you print these stupid articles every two weeks... :p
Old 06-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Only 78th time? I thought it's way over 100!
German newspapers are so keen to report pregnancies. They love it so much that they announce it almost everyday.
On the brighter note, couldn't agree more with the 10 points why Maxima will be perfect Queen in Point de Vue (thanks to Marengo). It's just about everything to be said about Maxima, she's perfect.
Maybe the only point missing is "Perfect Mother". :)
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-05-2006, 05:23 AM
Administrator

well, the 'elle est tendre' was about being a good and tender mother to her daughters :) So they even got that covered.

--

Though I do not like these magazines anymore nthan you do Maxie, I believe Prive doesn't claim pregnancies that often, and that they got it right with Amalia (not to sure about Alexia). But I highly doubt that any member of the staff at Bronovo hospital would leak this kind of information as they probably can get fired for it (patients information is confidential, right?).
Old 06-15-2006, 03:26 AM
Serene Highness

And more recent and old covers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	249320   Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	150.2 KB