Poll Says Máxima Inspires Dutch Women: August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
According to a poll organised by Roc it seems that Máxima is the Dutch lady that most inspires Dutch women. Oprah Winfrey is the foreign woman that is most inspiring for the Dutch women.

Otherr sources of inspiration:

family/own mother
partner
Viktor and Rolf (17%)

Article in Dutch here.

What a weird list:
Maxima, Oprah, family, partner... Viktor & Rolf

I think too many people over here are watching project runway, ahem. I do see why Max is at the top of the list, though for me personally, if I had to pick one of our royals, it would have been Bea (no explanation needed) or Laurentien (for the work on illiteracy, which has my attention too...).

What a weird list:
Maxima, Oprah, family, partner... Viktor & Rolf

I think too many people over here are watching project runway, ahem. I do see why Max is at the top of the list, though for me personally, if I had to pick one of our royals, it would have been Bea (no explanation needed) or Laurentien (for the work on illiteracy, which has my attention too...).
Who is Viktor & Rolf? My first pick would have been your Queen -- who I think is great -- although I do like Maxima -- Oprah???? even I as an American would not have picked her as my roll model, but then everyone has their own opinion.

I think Máxima is somewhat easier to relate to for Dutch women. The Queen is rather high up and inaccessable, so more difficult to get inspired by I suppose. As Máxima has upgrowing children might be more inspiring to some too.

Viktor and Rolf are two dutch designers; they are made several dresses for Princess Mabel. http://www.viktor-rolf.com/_en/_ww/index.htm

Yeah, I see what you mean about the Queen. Her professionalism is an inspiration to me, though. What I like about Maxima is her ability to connect with the people, being more approachable than Bea is.

I can understand the vote for Maxima. She is gifted with an exuberance that is contagious. She appears to have accepted that her body will not fit into a size 4, she is hardworking and have assumed significant responsibilites while being a mom and wife. Women respond to other women that keep a positive attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom