Courtier

Covers...

Gente

http://www.gente.com.ar/imgContent//...198/tapa_c.jpg

Caras

http://www.caras.com.ar/fotos/ed_1339/tapa.jpg

Old 09-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Courtier

...and some of the inside (Caras dedicated 9 pages to it, Gente 4 pages)

Caras

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...aras4sept1.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...lda/Caras2.jpg

Gente

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...nte4sept07.jpg

I actually find it odd that Caras chooses to title the article "The royalty accepted Máxima's father"...I believe that was not the main point...

Gente speculates: 'Maybe, who knows, for his next birthday, Willem & Máxima are not Princes anymore: maybe they are Kings. It's just a matter of waiting'

Old 09-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
...and some of the inside (Caras dedicated 9 pages to it, Gente 4 pages)

Caras

Image of Caras 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image of Gente 2 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Gente

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...nte4sept07.jpg

I actually find it odd that Caras chooses to title the article "The royalty accepted Máxima's father"...I believe that was not the main point...

Gente speculates: 'Maybe, who knows, for his next birthday, Willem & Máxima are not Princes anymore: maybe they are Kings. It's just a matter of waiting'
Which magazines do you recommend me buying??
And do you have more pics from the inside of Caras? Thanks
Old 09-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Courtier

Well, none of them says anything we don't already know, but for the means of magazine collecting ... I'd say Caras, because there are more pictures!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Courtier

More from Caras...

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...lda/Caras3.jpg
Old 09-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Gentry

Quote:

I agree with you Verde Esmeralda, I too find it a very strange remark to make on the part of Caras.
Now, it never occurred to the people at Caras to think that this was a PRIVATE party, and that Máxima's father is an important part of the family? They can't think that this is the first time that Mr. Zorreguieta is in the palace in a private dinner or party or even in the presence of the Queen?
It's like when some people from the Argentinean press commented on Máxima not singing the Arg. National Anthem at the Colón gala during their visit to Argentina... She was there as a member of the Dutch Royal Family, not as a private person, for God's sake, it's not that she doesn't feel Argentinean or anything like that... It just takes a little thinking to figure that out.. it's not all just about fabulous houses, dresses, and jewels, is it?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
I agree with you Verde Esmeralda, I too find it a very strange remark to make on the part of Caras.
Now, it never occurred to the people at Caras to think that this was a PRIVATE party, and that Máxima's father is an important part of the family? They can't think that this is the first time that Mr. Zorreguieta is in the palace in a private dinner or party or even in the presence of the Queen?
Well, the magazine also points out that this was a 'personal success for Máxima' as she 'had been trying for a long time to have his father accepted by the Oranges'.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Courtier

An article on fashion designer Valentino's retirement mentions Máxima as one of the 'top' women he dressed...

Valentino, un zar del mundo de la moda, les dice adiós a las pasarelas
Old 09-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Well, the magazine also points out that this was a 'personal success for Máxima' as she 'had been trying for a long time to have his father accepted by the Oranges'.
That is silly, just trying to fill pages with something saucy, I believe.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Argentine-born Princess Máxima is the best Princess
Telam: Sociedad - Máxima, elegida como la más adecuada para ser reina
EL HERALDO - Edición digital
Old 09-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima View Post
Argentine-born Princess Máxima is the best Princess
The results of Gala magazine's poll was also commented in the argentinian tv news, i.e. channel 9 if I am not mistaken, a couple of days ago.

Máxima is also mentioned this week, in an article of La Nación (inside its sunday magazine). The article is on Mr. Celedonio Lohidoy (no, that's not a typical Argentinian name ), who makes accesories (necklaces, bijouterie in general) and is succesful enough to sell his designs to Máxima, among others:

El viaje de Celedonio | LANACION.com

www.celedonio.com.ar

Some pictures of his jewelry items are shown in the article. It would be interesting to browse among Máxima's pictures, to see if we can find her wearing them! (actually, if you click on "press", you'll see a magazine, among others, with a picture of the Princess wearing some jewelry from Celedonio)
Old 09-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Thank you for your very interesting pics, Verde Esmeralda.

And now, for once, I garee with the article who stats that she is the more prepared prince to convert herself in a Queen. All of you knows that I'm a little exigent in this matter. I'm not biased to her for she is Argentinian (of course you have all the rights in the world to suppose I am! ). But no...She has a lot of things that could make of her a good Queen:

-She is from an ancient Patrician Argentinian family (The Zorreguieta's family tree goes straight to the Middle Age. The Zorreguietas were nobility) and was educated in a high cultured ambiance.

-She is not a snob. She lives naturally and seems not to be bothered by Royal Ceremonial. She accepts it nicely and goes on without complaining.

-She seems to have adapted very well to her new country.

-She is a strong person. She appears rarely as tired in her ceremonial duties in which she always appears smiling and even laughing.

-She accomplished largely her dinastic duties giving birth to three wonderful and also strong girls. Princess maxima went ahead with her official duties all through her pregnancies, and she have her babies easily. And only a few days after, she was perfectly well. When her last daughter was so ill, we never knew it before all the danger had already gone.

-She seems to go well along with her royal relatives, specially with her mother-in-law, the Queen (a thing that it is not always easy)

-She always appears smiling and happy when she is alongside her husband. One never can tells if someone is really in love to each other, but at least they seemed to be.

-She is bright.

-Her girls are educated in a tradition but at the same time not to stern education. The Princess and the Prince are along with them every time they can do it. The girls seems to have a great sense of family.

-She is not a cold woman. She can cry when someone's dead (Prince Claus one, for example) but also laugh and infect everyone there when she fins something funny.

But of course, she must improve some little points. For example:

-She must do something about her hair. She seems not to be able to find her proprer hairstyle. Her poor head is almost always a mess. She looks pretty fine when her hair is tied up.

-Her wardrobe is a little irregular. Some of her dresses are excellent. Others are a real disaster. She seems a woman that is going to make her errands every morning when she is wearing one of these...

-She shows her emotions a little bit too much in some occasions. I uses to laugh when I see the pics when she seems to be scared or amused or worried...But she MUST LEARN to be a little more discrete.

Vanesa.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Courtier

You're welcome, Vanesa.

And though I find your 'pros & cons' on Máxima, regarding her role as a Princess to become Queen Consort, very accurate, i do disagree on the fact that "(...)She is from an ancient Patrician Argentinian family (The Zorreguieta's family tree goes straight to the Middle Age. The Zorreguietas were nobility) and was educated in a high cultured ambiance.". She does not belong to any kind of nobility, but comes from an upper class enviroment. We don't have nobility in Argentina. I would like to point that out, so other non-argentinian posters do not get the wrong picture... still, yes, she comes from an enviroment that clearly helped her to embrace her new role and ambiance. But still, no nobility!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Courtier

Both Gente and Caras magazines offer this week 4 full pages each, on Prinsjesdag, with Máxima as the 'main star' of the articles. They talk about the Gala.de poll, the meaning of Prinsjesdag and the possibility of a not-so-distant in time abdication of Beatrix.

I'll post some pictures of the articles shortly.

Sumario - Gente Online
Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am quite surprised they actually pay this attention to her. i know it is boulevard press, but still... Now I wonder what they will say about the dress of the Queen
Old 09-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Courtier

Well, certainly Caras & Gente are not as 'yellow' as Privé, Party, Weekend or Story magazines could be in The Netherlands. Think of them more as a Hello Magazine type of publication.

As I've said previously in this thread, we only get info on her activities when there is a major event, such as baptisms, photoshoots, or big official engagements as Prinsjesdag or Koninginnedag (though no one here probably knew about such a thing before Máxima).

For example: We get no press coverage on Máxima's day to day activities, such as the visit to Eindhoven or the ballet she attended recently. Maybe some tiny article, possibly focusing on her style or simply used as a mere illustration of a larger article, a long time afterwards... see the difference?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Courtier

Gente magazine on Prinsjesdag:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...lda/gente1.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...lda/gente2.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...lda/gente3.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...lda/gente4.jpg
Old 09-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Courtier

And now Caras magazine on Prinsjesdag
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...DSC00694-1.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...x/DSC00695.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...x/DSC00696.jpg
Old 09-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I am quite surprised they actually pay this attention to her. i know it is boulevard press, but still... Now I wonder what they will say about the dress of the Queen
Well actually none of them says anything [negative] about the Queen's outfit They just say what fabric it was made of. None of them criticizes Máxima's hat either.

In Caras' particular case, it is rather difficult to find an open criticism to these things...it's soooo cheesy! You end up buying it for the pictures only...
Old 09-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
In Caras' particular case, it is rather difficult to find an open criticism to these things...it's soooo cheesy! You end up buying it for the pictures only...
That's true But IMO they always have better pics and much more pages than Gente

Tags
argentine media, maxima