Máxima in the Argentinian Media

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Argentine-born Princess Máxima is the best Princess

The results of Gala magazine's poll was also commented in the argentinian tv news, i.e. channel 9 if I am not mistaken, a couple of days ago.

Máxima is also mentioned this week, in an article of La Nación (inside its sunday magazine). The article is on Mr. Celedonio Lohidoy (no, that's not a typical Argentinian name :rolleyes:), who makes accesories (necklaces, bijouterie in general) and is succesful enough to sell his designs to Máxima, among others:

El viaje de Celedonio | LANACION.com

www.celedonio.com.ar

Some pictures of his jewelry items are shown in the article. It would be interesting to browse among Máxima's pictures, to see if we can find her wearing them! (actually, if you click on "press", you'll see a magazine, among others, with a picture of the Princess wearing some jewelry from Celedonio)

Last edited:
Thank you for your very interesting pics, Verde Esmeralda.

And now, for once, I garee with the article who stats that she is the more prepared prince to convert herself in a Queen. All of you knows that I'm a little exigent in this matter. I'm not biased to her for she is Argentinian (of course you have all the rights in the world to suppose I am! :D). But no...She has a lot of things that could make of her a good Queen:

-She is from an ancient Patrician Argentinian family (The Zorreguieta's family tree goes straight to the Middle Age. The Zorreguietas were nobility) and was educated in a high cultured ambiance.

-She is not a snob. She lives naturally and seems not to be bothered by Royal Ceremonial. She accepts it nicely and goes on without complaining.

-She seems to have adapted very well to her new country.

-She is a strong person. She appears rarely as tired in her ceremonial duties in which she always appears smiling and even laughing.

-She accomplished largely her dinastic duties giving birth to three wonderful and also strong girls. Princess maxima went ahead with her official duties all through her pregnancies, and she have her babies easily. And only a few days after, she was perfectly well. When her last daughter was so ill, we never knew it before all the danger had already gone.

-She seems to go well along with her royal relatives, specially with her mother-in-law, the Queen (a thing that it is not always easy)

-She always appears smiling and happy when she is alongside her husband. One never can tells if someone is really in love to each other, but at least they seemed to be.

-She is bright.

-Her girls are educated in a tradition but at the same time not to stern education. The Princess and the Prince are along with them every time they can do it. The girls seems to have a great sense of family.

-She is not a cold woman. She can cry when someone's dead (Prince Claus one, for example) but also laugh and infect everyone there when she fins something funny.

But of course, she must improve some little points. For example:

-She must do something about her hair. She seems not to be able to find her proprer hairstyle. Her poor head is almost always a mess. She looks pretty fine when her hair is tied up.

-Her wardrobe is a little irregular. Some of her dresses are excellent. Others are a real disaster. She seems a woman that is going to make her errands every morning when she is wearing one of these...:lol:

-She shows her emotions a little bit too much in some occasions. I uses to laugh when I see the pics when she seems to be scared or amused or worried...But she MUST LEARN to be a little more discrete.

Vanesa.:)

You're welcome, Vanesa.

And though I find your 'pros & cons' on Máxima, regarding her role as a Princess to become Queen Consort, very accurate, i do disagree on the fact that "(...)She is from an ancient Patrician Argentinian family (The Zorreguieta's family tree goes straight to the Middle Age. The Zorreguietas were nobility) and was educated in a high cultured ambiance.". She does not belong to any kind of nobility, but comes from an upper class enviroment. We don't have nobility in Argentina. I would like to point that out, so other non-argentinian posters do not get the wrong picture... still, yes, she comes from an enviroment that clearly helped her to embrace her new role and ambiance. But still, no nobility!

Both Gente and Caras magazines offer this week 4 full pages each, on Prinsjesdag, with Máxima as the 'main star' of the articles. They talk about the Gala.de poll, the meaning of Prinsjesdag and the possibility of a not-so-distant in time abdication of Beatrix.

I'll post some pictures of the articles shortly.

Sumario - Gente Online

Last edited:
I am quite surprised they actually pay this attention to her. i know it is boulevard press, but still... Now I wonder what they will say about the dress of the Queen ;)

Well, certainly Caras & Gente are not as 'yellow' as Privé, Party, Weekend or Story magazines could be in The Netherlands. Think of them more as a Hello Magazine type of publication.

As I've said previously in this thread, we only get info on her activities when there is a major event, such as baptisms, photoshoots, or big official engagements as Prinsjesdag or Koninginnedag (though no one here probably knew about such a thing before Máxima).

For example: We get no press coverage on Máxima's day to day activities, such as the visit to Eindhoven or the ballet she attended recently. Maybe some tiny article, possibly focusing on her style or simply used as a mere illustration of a larger article, a long time afterwards... see the difference?

I am quite surprised they actually pay this attention to her. i know it is boulevard press, but still... Now I wonder what they will say about the dress of the Queen ;)

Well actually none of them says anything [negative] about the Queen's outfit ;) They just say what fabric it was made of. None of them criticizes Máxima's hat either.

In Caras' particular case, it is rather difficult to find an open criticism to these things...it's soooo cheesy! You end up buying it for the pictures only...

In Caras' particular case, it is rather difficult to find an open criticism to these things...it's soooo cheesy! You end up buying it for the pictures only...

That's true:lol: But IMO they always have better pics and much more pages than Gente:rolleyes:

Yes. "Caras" is more than cheesy. And "Gente", even if more informative, is not better. I suppose I should purchase some of them, just to share the photos with this Forum, but I feel I can't waste my money in such frivoulous magazines. :ROFLMAO: My interest in Monarchies is not related to gossips and minor issues.

I'm sad there is not a publication like "Point de Vue" in its old times (not now! Now, it is worse than "Caras" , I think :D) to speak about Princess Maxima's issues.

Vanesa.

Primiciasya.com (Argentinian gossip website)

Canasta familiar no tan básica: Le subirán el sueldo a Máxima - Primicias Ya :: El diario del Espectáculo.

reports that Máxima and the Prince will get a €18000 raise in their monthly budget for personal expenses. The title is "A not so basic family budget: Máxima gets a raise". Somewhere in the article it also says "a necessary raise" (obviously ironic statement)

Nonsense.That would constitute a raise of 216.000 euro's annually,but both Alexander and Máxima together do have a raise that would indeed be 18.000 euro's BUT Annually,not monthly(!!!),both in the C component as I explain below.

After a few years of consolidation,all members with an apanage,HM,The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima,had a raise in accordance with the percentage of all civil servants,if they do not get a raise,neither does the RF,and that has happened several times,so it's not all that big time as it sounds for living in a glasshouse and for being applauded or put up with being criticised for the silliest reasons 24/7 for a life time.

In the case of Princess Máxima that means an annual raise in personal income for 2008 of 9.000 euro's to a total of the combined components of 893.000 euro.Was 863.000.

That apanage consists of three components:

A : personel costs,ie,staff within the immediate presence of the family,310.000 euro's.Was 294.000.

B : non-personel costs,ie,all other costs,The B component is automatically adjusted annually in accordance with the consumer-price index of all households in the month of june,348.000 euro's.Was 343.000.

C : personal income,for 2008,235.000 euro's.Was 226.000.
If the consumer-price index changes for any reason,the amounts above will be adjusted,up or down.

Now,do your work and shovel this up theirs....I so detest gossip/rags,I would sue 'm till they eat nothing but grass,and then tell 'm they're all cows anyway and call them Bertha.
:angry:

Last edited:
Nonsense.That would constitute a raise of 216.000 euro's annually,but both Alexander and Máxima together do have a raise that would indeed be 18.000 euro's BUT Annually,not monthly(!!!),both in the C component as I explain below.

The article leads readers to think that it is a monthly raise...tsk tsk what a shame. It is based on Hola magazine's article on the same subject:

A LA PRINCESA MÁXIMA TAMBIÉN LE SUBEN EL SUELDO

Last edited:
Highlights:

- They point out that this was the first actual 'blunder' of the Princess
- They wrote Wagenaar instead of Wasenaar !

Nothing new really, they explain what she said (she's not really being 'defended' though) and relate it to the particular humour around the inmigration issue in the Netherlands. They quote Trouw, De Telegraaf and some other sources.

I just saw it on the news five minutes ago - in Channel 2. They're obviously pulling it out of Clarín.

Thank you Esmeralda. A pity that they call it a blunder, in a normal country the speech would have passed unnoticed but here.....

Thank you Esmeralda. A pity that they call it a blunder, in a normal country the speech would have passed unnoticed but here.....

Well, I believe they're just reflecting the fuss they made over it in the Netherlands...they added no significant comments, and it took them TWO WEEKS to write something about it... isn't that also sad?

The newspaper Crónica features a small article on Máxima's visit to the Jumbo toy factory:

Cronica - LA PRINCESA MAXIMA, HECHA UN "CHICHE"

I have to say I am surprised to find something on Máxima in this newspaper, since it is a really low-quality one, normally uses a very vulgar languague, and honestly it is not aimed to the type of readers that would find something like this interesting...

Btw, the word chiche is a colloquial way of saying "toy". The local expression hecha un chiche also means that something or someone (in this case related to Máxima herself) is in a very good condition, looks very good. A word game.

On this week's Caras cover:
The Zorreguieta Family: closer to the Dutch Royal House. Parents and siblings attend Máxima's daughter christening http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa232/arianemax/caras.jpg

Yes, Caras seems to insist a lot on emphazising the role of the Zorreguietas and their 'acceptance' in the royal engagements of the Oranges. They did the same with occasion of W-A's 40th birthday, remember? Something about Jorge Z. being finally accepted...

Yes, Caras seems to insist a lot on emphazising the role of the Zorreguietas and their 'acceptance' in the royal engagements of the Oranges. They did the same with occasion of W-A's 40th birthday, remember? Something about Jorge Z. being finally accepted...
Yes. It said sth like "Máxima's father is finally accepted by the Royals"

Back
Top Bottom