The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 08-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Gente magazine of this week: a 4 page article on Benito Fernández (major argentinian fashion designer, who was in charge of Mariana Andres' (Martín Zorreguieta's ex-wife) gown at the wedding and from who the princess has bought several outfits), which title is: "Ya vestí a Máxima; ahora sueño con vestir a la primera presidenta argentina" ('I already dressed Máxima; now I dream of dressing the first argentinian woman president' - talking about the runner up, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,734
Well, yes. There is NOT a single point of view about Princess Maxima, here in Argentina. There is people whou would say: "Oh, she is so nice and joyful! I like her very much!", orhers would say: "She is a repressor daughter! I hate her" or even "Who cares about Royalty? Royalty is an old-fashioned kind of governements and besides Royals are all leeches that only goes to Caribe, Oceania beachs and enjoys themselves!"...Opinions goes not toward an only-way sense, in Argentina, nor in any other country.

As fpr the fact of her answer concerning football match, she did the correct thing. People doesn't understand she IS NO MORE ARGENTINE. This is Monarchy, people. Queen Sofia of Spain, always saids she is not Greek, but Spanish. Why would Princess Maxima act otherwise?

Vanesa.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-01-2007, 07:24 PM
saphills's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: ELP, United States
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
Thanks saphills for posting

I wonder whether that title on Semana's cover ("The Princess of the Poor") is not actually ironic... i should read its content... but somehow, the picture of her all glammed-up isn't unintentional... this magazine has also a certain taste for gossip!
Hi Verde Esmeralda,
you know that I don't have that magazine, I didn't read the content but I think it's about her trip to Argentina and the microcredit issue. Not sure but like you said, I know the way Semana is, I just read some articles online and I agree.
Saludos
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Regina's Avatar
Serene Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
As fpr the fact of her answer concerning football match, she did the correct thing. People doesn't understand she IS NO MORE ARGENTINE. This is Monarchy, people. Queen Sofia of Spain, always saids she is not Greek, but Spanish. Why would Princess Maxima act otherwise?
Vanesa.
I agree with you about Princess Máxima. She did the right thing. I would do the same.

About Queen Sofia: she said in her biography written by Pilar Urbano that she was 100% Greek and 100% Spanish.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
This week's Caras magazine features a short article on Martín Zorreguieta, Máxima's brother.The article goes on his activities and ventures, such as his restaurant and some other businesses, while he is shown skiing in Ushuaia. Always clinging from his sister for press...lame IMHO.
I think you´re not fair to him, i´m sure tha magazines look for him when there´s a news about Maxima and not the other way round.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Yonkers, United States
Posts: 16
Wink Princess Maxima

< what kind of press coverage does Maxima get in Argentina?>

I just came back from Buenos Aires (7/28) and no, Princess Maxima doesn't get too much coverage over there. In fact, vey few Argentineans made comments about her visit.

Duchesssa

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,834
Well, Princess Maxima hasn´t been visiting Argentina for a while now, neither has she been in public lately, so that there is little press coverage isn´t too surprising (there isn´t much here either at the moment).
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-04-2007, 06:00 AM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, Princess Maxima hasn´t been visiting Argentina for a while now, neither has she been in public lately, so that there is little press coverage isn´t too surprising (there isn´t much here either at the moment).
Indeed. She even has ended her 'subscription' on the covers of the boulevard magazines. Because of the pregnancy and the birth of Princess Ariane and the vacations, it looks like she has totally disappeared for a while.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I think you´re not fair to him, i´m sure tha magazines look for him when there´s a news about Maxima and not the other way round.
Of course, magazines do need material and are interested in her family circle as well, but you must agree this is more than convenient for him....even when there's nothing relevant to say ...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 08-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
Indeed. She even has ended her 'subscription' on the covers of the boulevard magazines. Because of the pregnancy and the birth of Princess Ariane and the vacations, it looks like she has totally disappeared for a while.

That's right. I am having trouble in finding any mention of her around here in the past two weeks or so. Which is logical, since a) it's been a while since her last visit to the country (either public or private) and b) the local media mainly reflect what the foreign media is publishing about her...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 08-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,734
Same here...It's hard being a Royalist and living in a Republican country!

Vanesa.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Máxima is mentioned in this week’s Caras magazine (no picture of her though)

Revista Caras

In an article on Iñaki Urlezaga, an outstanding argentinian dancer, it is said that he will participate as Principal Guest Dancer in the Dutch National Ballet, in Amsterdam (from September on, according to Caras):

Het Nationale Ballet &bull; Het gezelschap


He says in this article that he wishes to meet Máxima and the Prince there, at last: "It doesn’t seem to be true, but for one thing or another we never got to meet. Last time she was pregnant, I hope this time we can make it".


Any idea if Máxima is supposed to attend the Ballet this year?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-09-2007, 03:07 PM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
Máxima is mentioned in this week’s Caras magazine (no picture of her though)

Revista Caras

In an article on Iñaki Urlezaga, an outstanding argentinian dancer, it is said that he will participate as Principal Guest Dancer in the Dutch National Ballet, in Amsterdam (from September on, according to Caras):

Het Nationale Ballet &bull; Het gezelschap


He says in this article that he wishes to meet Máxima and the Prince there, at last: "It doesn’t seem to be true, but for one thing or another we never got to meet. Last time she was pregnant, I hope this time we can make it".


Any idea if Máxima is supposed to attend the Ballet this year?
Yes,next month on tuesday september 11th together with her mother-in-law HM The Queen.It will be a "Girls Gala night" out in celebration of the 75th birthday of famous dutch choreographer Hans van Maanen in who's honour there will be the Hans van Maanen Festival.Your dancer,is in the program so he will see his wish come true tambien!

You will find the announcement in the dutch royal calendar also.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Yes,next month on tuesday september 11th together with her mother-in-law HM The Queen.It will be a "Girls Gala night" out in celebration of the 75th birthday of famous dutch choreographer Hans van Maanen in who's honour there will be the Hans van Maanen Festival.Your dancer,is in the program so he will see his wish come true tambien!

You will find the announcement in the dutch royal calendar also.
Thanks, Lucien...somehow I knew you were going to reply! Nice that you are practising your Spanish too

If the encounter between Iñaki & Máxima is finally accomplished, I guarantee we will have a lot of press coverage on it around here...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Princess Maxima's Avatar
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,020
Party in The Netherlands: Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima shared with their daughters Ariane, Alexia and Amalia a carriage ride, heading to the 40th birthday party of Queen Beatrix's eldest son. The Prince was born on April 27th, but the party was postponed due to the birth of Ariane on the 10th of that month.
Festejo en Holanda | LANACION.com
__________________
Reina Máxima
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 09-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima View Post
Party in The Netherlands: Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima shared with their daughters Ariane, Alexia and Amalia a carriage ride, heading to the 40th birthday party of Queen Beatrix's eldest son. The Prince was born on April 27th, but the party was postponed due to the birth of Ariane on the 10th of that month.
Festejo en Holanda | LANACION.com
Indeed, La Nación is the only newspaper today that features an article on this event.
This article actually occupies a square of 10 x 10 cm of surface on page 5 (not really big, though highlighted)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Helena's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Aerdenhout, Netherlands
Posts: 178
Thank you for posting. I love this thread because we don´t see these things in Holland. I hope you will post the covers and articles of Willems birthday and Ariane´s baptism here as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Don't worry Helena, we'll be posting everthing, as soon as they pop out something on these subjects. And thanks to you for reading!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Princess Maxima's Avatar
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,020
Cover from this week's Caras: Caras Revista | Guillermo y Carolina, en una íntima y emotiva ceremonia | El bautismo de Victoria# Click on the cover to have a look at it
"Royals accept Máxima's father"
__________________
Reina Máxima
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Princess Maxima's Avatar
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,020
And Gente Sumario - Gente Online "Máxima celebrates W-A's 40"
__________________

__________________
Reina Máxima
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
argentine media, maxima


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Máxima, una historia real" by Argentine Journalists (2008-2009) Marengo Royal Library 105 06-21-2009 06:52 PM
Argentinian Press: Máxima donated $200,000 to a Catholic TV Station: April 2008 Marengo King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family 23 05-06-2008 11:57 AM
'Forbidden' Pictures of Máxima - Media Code Issue; April 2008 Marengo King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family 27 04-29-2008 05:21 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess astrid princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]