Máxima in the Argentinian Media

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gente magazine of this week: a 4 page article on Benito Fernández (major argentinian fashion designer, who was in charge of Mariana Andres' (Martín Zorreguieta's ex-wife) gown at the wedding and from who the princess has bought several outfits), which title is: "Ya vestí a Máxima; ahora sueño con vestir a la primera presidenta argentina" ('I already dressed Máxima; now I dream of dressing the first argentinian woman president' - talking about the runner up, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner)

Last edited:
Well, yes. There is NOT a single point of view about Princess Maxima, here in Argentina. There is people whou would say: "Oh, she is so nice and joyful! I like her very much!", orhers would say: "She is a repressor daughter! I hate her" or even "Who cares about Royalty? Royalty is an old-fashioned kind of governements and besides Royals are all leeches that only goes to Caribe, Oceania beachs and enjoys themselves!"...Opinions goes not toward an only-way sense, in Argentina, nor in any other country.

As fpr the fact of her answer concerning football match, she did the correct thing. People doesn't understand she IS NO MORE ARGENTINE. This is Monarchy, people. Queen Sofia of Spain, always saids she is not Greek, but Spanish. Why would Princess Maxima act otherwise?

Vanesa.

Thanks saphills for posting :flowers:

I wonder whether that title on Semana's cover ("The Princess of the Poor") is not actually ironic... i should read its content... but somehow, the picture of her all glammed-up isn't unintentional... this magazine has also a certain taste for gossip! :rolleyes:

Hi Verde Esmeralda,
you know that I don't have that magazine, I didn't read the content but I think it's about her trip to Argentina and the microcredit issue. Not sure but like you said, I know the way Semana is, I just read some articles online and I agree.
Saludos

As fpr the fact of her answer concerning football match, she did the correct thing. People doesn't understand she IS NO MORE ARGENTINE. This is Monarchy, people. Queen Sofia of Spain, always saids she is not Greek, but Spanish. Why would Princess Maxima act otherwise?
Vanesa.

I agree with you about Princess Máxima. She did the right thing. I would do the same.

About Queen Sofia: she said in her biography written by Pilar Urbano that she was 100% Greek and 100% Spanish. :)

This week's Caras magazine features a short article on Martín Zorreguieta, Máxima's brother.The article goes on his activities and ventures, such as his restaurant and some other businesses, while he is shown skiing in Ushuaia. Always clinging from his sister for press...lame IMHO.

I think you´re not fair to him, i´m sure tha magazines look for him when there´s a news about Maxima and not the other way round.

Princess Maxima

< what kind of press coverage does Maxima get in Argentina?>

I just came back from Buenos Aires (7/28) and no, Princess Maxima doesn't get too much coverage over there. In fact, vey few Argentineans made comments about her visit.

Duchesssa

:bang:

Well, Princess Maxima hasn´t been visiting Argentina for a while now, neither has she been in public lately, so that there is little press coverage isn´t too surprising (there isn´t much here either at the moment).

Well, Princess Maxima hasn´t been visiting Argentina for a while now, neither has she been in public lately, so that there is little press coverage isn´t too surprising (there isn´t much here either at the moment).

Indeed. She even has ended her 'subscription' on the covers of the boulevard magazines. Because of the pregnancy and the birth of Princess Ariane and the vacations, it looks like she has totally disappeared for a while.

:flowers:

I think you´re not fair to him, i´m sure tha magazines look for him when there´s a news about Maxima and not the other way round.

Of course, magazines do need material and are interested in her family circle as well, but you must agree this is more than convenient for him....even when there's nothing relevant to say ... ;)

Indeed. She even has ended her 'subscription' on the covers of the boulevard magazines. Because of the pregnancy and the birth of Princess Ariane and the vacations, it looks like she has totally disappeared for a while.

That's right. I am having trouble in finding any mention of her around here in the past two weeks or so. Which is logical, since a) it's been a while since her last visit to the country (either public or private) and b) the local media mainly reflect what the foreign media is publishing about her... :neutral:

Same here...It's hard being a Royalist and living in a Republican country! :D

Vanesa.

Máxima is mentioned in this week’s Caras magazine (no picture of her though)

Revista Caras

In an article on Iñaki Urlezaga, an outstanding argentinian dancer, it is said that he will participate as Principal Guest Dancer in the Dutch National Ballet, in Amsterdam (from September on, according to Caras):

Het Nationale Ballet • Het gezelschap

He says in this article that he wishes to meet Máxima and the Prince there, at last: "It doesn’t seem to be true, but for one thing or another we never got to meet. Last time she was pregnant, I hope this time we can make it".

Any idea if Máxima is supposed to attend the Ballet this year?

Last edited:
Máxima is mentioned in this week’s Caras magazine (no picture of her though)

Revista Caras

In an article on Iñaki Urlezaga, an outstanding argentinian dancer, it is said that he will participate as Principal Guest Dancer in the Dutch National Ballet, in Amsterdam (from September on, according to Caras):

Het Nationale Ballet • Het gezelschap

He says in this article that he wishes to meet Máxima and the Prince there, at last: "It doesn’t seem to be true, but for one thing or another we never got to meet. Last time she was pregnant, I hope this time we can make it".

Any idea if Máxima is supposed to attend the Ballet this year?

Yes,next month on tuesday september 11th together with her mother-in-law HM The Queen.It will be a "Girls Gala night" out in celebration of the 75th birthday of famous dutch choreographer Hans van Maanen in who's honour there will be the Hans van Maanen Festival.Your dancer,is in the program so he will see his wish come true tambien!

You will find the announcement in the dutch royal calendar also.

Yes,next month on tuesday september 11th together with her mother-in-law HM The Queen.It will be a "Girls Gala night" out in celebration of the 75th birthday of famous dutch choreographer Hans van Maanen in who's honour there will be the Hans van Maanen Festival.Your dancer,is in the program so he will see his wish come true tambien!

You will find the announcement in the dutch royal calendar also.

Thanks, Lucien...somehow I knew you were going to reply! Nice that you are practising your Spanish too :flowers:

If the encounter between Iñaki & Máxima is finally accomplished, I guarantee we will have a lot of press coverage on it around here... ;)

Party in The Netherlands: Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima shared with their daughters Ariane, Alexia and Amalia a carriage ride, heading to the 40th birthday party of Queen Beatrix's eldest son. The Prince was born on April 27th, but the party was postponed due to the birth of Ariane on the 10th of that month.
Festejo en Holanda | LANACION.com

Party in The Netherlands: Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima shared with their daughters Ariane, Alexia and Amalia a carriage ride, heading to the 40th birthday party of Queen Beatrix's eldest son. The Prince was born on April 27th, but the party was postponed due to the birth of Ariane on the 10th of that month.
Festejo en Holanda | LANACION.com

Indeed, La Nación is the only newspaper today that features an article on this event.
This article actually occupies a square of 10 x 10 cm of surface on page 5 (not really big, though highlighted)

Thank you for posting. I love this thread because we don´t see these things in Holland. I hope you will post the covers and articles of Willems birthday and Ariane´s baptism here as well.

Don't worry Helena, we'll be posting everthing, as soon as they pop out something on these subjects. And thanks to you for reading!

...and some of the inside (Caras dedicated 9 pages to it, Gente 4 pages)

Caras

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z301/verdeesmeralda/Caras4sept1.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z301/verdeesmeralda/Caras2.jpg

Gente

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z301/verdeesmeralda/Gente4sept07.jpg

I actually find it odd that Caras chooses to title the article "The royalty accepted Máxima's father"...I believe that was not the main point...

Gente speculates: 'Maybe, who knows, for his next birthday, Willem & Máxima are not Princes anymore: maybe they are Kings. It's just a matter of waiting'

Last edited:
...and some of the inside (Caras dedicated 9 pages to it, Gente 4 pages)

Caras

Image of Caras 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image of Gente 2 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Gente

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z301/verdeesmeralda/Gente4sept07.jpg

I actually find it odd that Caras chooses to title the article "The royalty accepted Máxima's father"...I believe that was not the main point...

Gente speculates: 'Maybe, who knows, for his next birthday, Willem & Máxima are not Princes anymore: maybe they are Kings. It's just a matter of waiting'

Which magazines do you recommend me buying??:rolleyes:
And do you have more pics from the inside of Caras? Thanks:flowers:

Well, none of them says anything we don't already know, but for the means of magazine collecting ... I'd say Caras, because there are more pictures!

I agree with you Verde Esmeralda, I too find it a very strange remark to make on the part of Caras.
Now, it never occurred to the people at Caras to think that this was a PRIVATE party, and that Máxima's father is an important part of the family? They can't think that this is the first time that Mr. Zorreguieta is in the palace in a private dinner or party or even in the presence of the Queen?
It's like when some people from the Argentinean press commented on Máxima not singing the Arg. National Anthem at the Colón gala during their visit to Argentina... She was there as a member of the Dutch Royal Family, not as a private person, for God's sake, it's not that she doesn't feel Argentinean or anything like that... It just takes a little thinking to figure that out.. it's not all just about fabulous houses, dresses, and jewels, is it? :ermm:

Last edited:
I agree with you Verde Esmeralda, I too find it a very strange remark to make on the part of Caras.
Now, it never occurred to the people at Caras to think that this was a PRIVATE party, and that Máxima's father is an important part of the family? They can't think that this is the first time that Mr. Zorreguieta is in the palace in a private dinner or party or even in the presence of the Queen?

Well, the magazine also points out that this was a 'personal success for Máxima' as she 'had been trying for a long time to have his father accepted by the Oranges'. :rolleyes:

Well, the magazine also points out that this was a 'personal success for Máxima' as she 'had been trying for a long time to have his father accepted by the Oranges'. :rolleyes:

That is silly, just trying to fill pages with something saucy, I believe. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom