Máxima and Mathilde receive the Overview of the Art of Painting: December 4, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when i saw them, i though: the twins. but maybe they called each other to be like twins.

Hola.com says the designer of both coats is Eduard Vermeulen, for Natan.
The article's title is "Máxima of Holand and mathild of Belgium, friends almost Twins"

Pics

Maybe they done some phone before the event like girls do? Or they'd done some quick shopping before?

Mat/Max maybe we should wear something similar?
Mat/Max why not...

That's fun to see two CPss looks similar?

Last edited:
great photos , even thoguht they really shows maxima close up of her wrinbkles, it is not nice to do that from the photographers! i am sure they decide to dress alike, they probably wanted to have fun withthe paparazzi and the nedia, talking about it! thes ladies the do not live anything by chance , it is all prepeare!

when you look at the pictures, you can see that Maxima wears brown and white colours and Mathilde black and white. Maybe they called each other and asked which colours they would wear and did not discuss the print?!

Well Maxima told a curious journalist that it was a coinsidence, so... The coat of Maxima is from scar de la Renta according to VTM.

Both ladies look fabulous, although the coat coincidance thing is a little bit creepy, if you ask me. Mathilde is "glowing" as a pregnant woman should, and Maxima is just glowing from happiness it seems!

Pied de poule, [French for foot of the hen] name for this motif imprinted on textile, was quite common in the mid-1960s and used heavily by Dior and other French designers. The size of the motif varies widely.
Statistically speaking, the chance for them both wearing coats with pied de poule motif of the same size being random is 1:1,000,000.
Besides, the overall effect is artsy and funny, which is what the event was about. Last but not least, both seem to be throughly enjoying the moment.

Last edited:
If it was a coincidence it was funny coincidence and I think that they reall ylooked great dress the same way for the same event!I like it

Oh, just one would have been enough...:neutral:...And what seems to be latex on the collar and cuffs of Mathilde's outfit...:sick:

I normally only see this particular print on the wives of very wealthy businessmen, who adorned with their vulgar costume jewellery, beehive hairstyles and parisian silk scarfs flung around the neck, wander through the city with Louis Vuitton in one hand and a pet dog named, 'Henry', in the other.

For some reason I see Mathilde as the common factor between the Crown Princesses of Europe and I don't know why. She exudes a most agreeable nature and I guess that's possibly (?) why I think most would value her friendship and or, company.

Last edited:
I personally think it is a cute 'coincidence'.....my best friend and I growing up would often buy the same clothes not intending to. Of course, we went to different schools so it was not a big deal at the time, haha. I think in this case it shows a sense of solidarity and a sense of humor helps, too. They both look great so hey, why worry??

they are indeed from different designers, Maxima's coat looks a bit darker than Mathilde's:)

The Netherlands' Crown Princess Maxima and Belgium's Princess Mathilde displayed their close frien
...One onlooker said: "Maxima and Mathilde were ... - Sweet article

Gal pal princesses make artful statement with matching looks
Being great friends, The Netherlands' Crown Princess ... - Hellomagazine article

Coincidence or Not, I think they are both elegant.

I normally only see this particular print on the wives of very wealthy businessmen, who adorned with their vulgar costume jewellery, beehive hairstyles and parisian silk scarfs flung around the neck, wander through the city with Louis Vuitton in one hand and a pet dog named, 'Henry', in the other.

Ηehehe. Poignant description of a certain crowd.
On a serious note, the pied de poule, depending on its size can vary from distinctive to ostentatious.

I think it's cute. Maxima's is brown/beige and Matilde's is black/ivory.
It is a little creepy that both women just happened to choose opaque hose and peep-toe shoes. :rolleyes:

This week's Gente magazine (from Argentina) mentions the 'incident':

Ricos & Famosos - Gente Online

"Por su parte, Las casi gemelas y futuras reinas, Máxima de Holanda y Matilde de Bélgica, (...) fueron dos gotitas de agua." ('The almost twins and future queens, Máxima of the Netherlands and Matilde of Belgium (...) were two drops of water')

On a serious note, the pied de poule, depending on its size can vary from distinctive to ostentatious.

That pattern can easily remind me of a fashion magazine of 1992 :rolleyes: But looked great on these ladies.

And I believe it is not the first time I see Mathilde on this coat.

I also remember that Máxima wore a pied de poule coat (like a trench) for her visit to Kinderdijk, during the Maxi-tour in 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom