The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
Thanks, maximaiscool!

(and your english is way better than my dutch, so there's no reason for your excusing yourself!)
:) :) :) :) :)

Old 03-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
She learned it before her engagement. When the engagement was announced she was able to talk to the press fluently (and about sensitive issues, like her father). Of course her dutch has improved since those days, she doesn't have to 'search' for the right words anymore and she lost a part of her accent (not completely though, which isn't necessairy IMO)
Wow, that's definately not easy to accomplish, but she did it over not a very long period! Strong woman!

Old 03-02-2006, 03:30 AM
Gentry

Maxima is being studying Dutch since 1999. First with a private tutor when she used to live in New York and she continued studying when she moved to Europe. She is very smart.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:56 AM
Heir Apparent

I've honestly never heard W-A talking and his voice is deep, kind of sexy; you would never imagine that's his true voice
Old 03-02-2006, 06:22 AM
Courtier

Video Lech:
- go to http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlboulevard/video/
- click on 01-03: Lech

Direct link to video (WMP): http://av.rtl.nl/web/components/actu...364K_V9_av.wmv
W-A speaks German in this video and Maxima English :)
Old 03-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for all the photos, Catherina-Amalia and Alexia are both gorgeous little girls and I sense that Catherine-Amalia at least has developed her mother's bubbly and outgoing personality.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:10 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
What did Amalia babble in the beginning of the video? She's such a confident, cute little kid.
I believe she said 'lach een beetje' or 'laugh a little.' I believe this was directed towards her parents. But in other words, i think Amalia was telling her parents to smile.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellzbythesea
I believe she said 'lach een beetje' or 'laugh a little.' I believe this was directed towards her parents. But in other words, i think Amalia was telling her parents to smile.
Yes, she said 'Een beetje lachen!' (smile a little) and it sounded as it was directed to her parents indeed, because Maxima repeated it. She is so great, the little one. I hope she'll stay as spontaneous as she is now!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

that's so nice of amalia! i'm so happy that her personality seemed to have evolved so much in the past year and she seems to be a lot more extrovertive, meanwhile at first she seemed quite shy. in her last appearences (alexia's christening, buenos aires walk in puerto madero, torino's olympics and this lech photosession) her personality definetely changed from before, which is great, since babies tend to start changing much later. she will be just as outgoing as her parents and the queen herself.

thanks for those lovely videos! it was great hearing willem talking in such a good german and it was the first time i hear maxima talking in english with her beautiful english accent! they both surprised me greatly. loved the las part of them saying "gruss gott in vorarlberg" at the same time and laughing! does anyone know what willem tells maxima that she blushes and puts her hand on her face? :)

this family is trully lovely...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Video Lech:
- go to http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlboulevard/video/
- click on 01-03: Lech

Direct link to video (WMP): http://av.rtl.nl/web/components/actu...364K_V9_av.wmv
W-A speaks German in this video and Maxima English :)
The Watcher, would it be possible to save the video and upload it via supload so we can all download it? also for the other video...
Old 03-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

The video is great. One journalist called: "Amalia!". And then she shouted "Ja!" So cute. And W-A does speak perfect German, but no wonder, Dutch seems to be quite similar.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Emma
Maxima is being studying Dutch since 1999. First with a private tutor when she used to live in New York and she continued studying when she moved to Europe. She is very smart.
a photo from a exercisebook when maxima was learning Dutch.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:44 PM

The ducht royal family is really nice.
Its my favourite!
And litlle princess Amalia is so cute!!! Dont u think?
Old 03-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
The video is great. One journalist called: "Amalia!". And then she shouted "Ja!" So cute. And W-A does speak perfect German, but no wonder, Dutch seems to be quite similar.
In the grammar Dutch differs quite a lot from German. I'm Dutch myself, but I had quite a hard time learning German, I speak English way better. Therefore I think that W-A speaks German so well is due to the fact that his father, Prince Claus, was German.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Commoner

Amalia is just such a cutie, imo she's the cutest little princess around. I love her spontaneous, lively personality. Her character seems to be just like her mothers. In looks, she has Alexanders nose and mouth, but Maxima's eyes and smile.
Alexia is a very beautiful baby, I love her big brown eyes. She is just like Amalia when Amalia was her age; quiet, a bit scared of the press, no smile.
Someone said that she didn't like the way Amalia and her mother act; well, I think that a two-year old should act like a two year old and have the space to play around. There will be many times when she cannot be herself fully, because all the camera's are pointed on her. Now that she is still a child, let her enjoy her freedom and space to be her spontaneous self.

Every time I see these pictures, I feel like that W-A's and Maxima's family is complete and Maxima will not have a third child.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
The Watcher, would it be possible to save the video and upload it via supload so we can all download it? also for the other video...
Of course, here is the download link: http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...Y24H44BLYY5FXO
Old 03-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
I've honestly never heard W-A talking and his voice is deep, kind of sexy; you would never imagine that's his true voice
Yeah! Same here!

I think CA is gorgeous! She is quite a charater. I can see that the Dutch have a great future queen in the making. :p
Old 03-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

1 more photo from Hello magazine featuring skiing royals
Old 03-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

i found this lovely photos (definetely my favourites!) of lech session of a first plane of cutie alexia and another of amalia kissing her with parents watching. aren't they lovely?
photos were posted in photolog http://www.maximavanoranje.web-log.nl/

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-02-2006, 06:14 PM

I loved hearing Maxima speak English....such a treat and she has a great voice. It was nice to put voices with both of their faces. This family is adorable and I think Amalia has a wonderful personality. So full of life. I can see why W-A fell for Maxima and vice versa.