Old 02-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Heir Apparent

11th batch from bruno press

Old 02-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

12th & last batch from bruno press

Old 02-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Gentry

This family is just so cute! Watching the video was such a delight. The way Amalia says Ja-ah over and over is hilarious.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Aristocracy

The video is so beautiful. Amalia is such a cute and she looks so sweet kissing her little sister.

Old 02-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceci
The video is so beautiful. Amalia is such a cute and she looks so sweet kissing her little sister.
indeed. you can just see how much love there is ibetween them. mathilde was right when at Alexia's baptism when she said her little goddaughter would grow up in a "warm family."

i am so thrilled with how much we get to see the little girls too. first all those olympic photos and now this. i think its a very good idea to get them used to the cameras and crowds at an early age being held safely in their parents arms.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by missroyal
You don't want to miss this:

http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/artike.../26/index.html and then look for : Koninklijke familie op de foto in Lech
thanks for this video link, missroyal...

you're right.. it's something definitely not to be missed. i wish we could save it somehow.

Amalia is really really a little darling.. her laugh is so so cute.. and she keep saying "Ja" well that's the icing on the top. what a cute cute little girl. i hope Alexia will grow as bubbly like her too.

several captures from this NOS video :

Old 02-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

also captures from NOS

Old 02-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Such Beautiful Children !!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Amelia is very bubly and happy little princess. She is not shy in front the camera at all. She make me laught with her anytime I see her picture.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batatinha
Maxima seems a nice woman but she is the less royal of all crown princesses, she seems a clown, not a princess.

her daughter amalia is very pretty, but she should be more calm and well bahaved if she wants to be a good monarch. Princess Mathilde and her daughter Elizabeth are so different from these two always searching for attention, at least they have a regal way of life.

thank you.
I think Maxima is a great royal princess and fit for the job of future queen. She has the charisma it takes. Being proper and unsmiling doesn't cut it anymore. Take a look at Queen Elizabeth II a good monarch but very few pictures of her smiling and being charismatic with her people. Mathilde and her daughter charming royals by the way. And for princess Amalia she is a wonderful kid. She steals everyone's heart.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Courtier

OMG Máxima's voice i thought she had a sweet voice not that deep! :O
Anyway, the girls are sooo sweet! and Amalia is hilarious! :)
Old 02-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Royal Highness

What did Amalia babble in the beginning of the video? She's such a confident, cute little kid.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathérine Bergeyck
Thanks for the video! Amalia is really such a cute and alert little girl! Funny how she says Jaaaaa every time the photographers call her name. Like saying "what do you want now?" :)
I thought that was pretty cute of Amalia, too! "Jaaaaa!" "Jaaaaa!" I could hear the photographers repeating it over and over again!

Very cute video! It looks like Amalia has inherited her mom's natural exuberance!

Does anyone know how I might be able to save this clip on my computer?
Old 03-01-2006, 05:22 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
I've only heard one other time Maxima speaking Dutch and it was when they were looking over all the gifts that came to the Palace after Amalia was born. I would think she would have to learn Dutch either before or upon marryin Whilem, like Mary had to learn Danish before marrying Frederik. It makes it easier to speak to the public and of course the family. I've heard Maxima speak before but I don't remember her voice being that low and husky before. Beautiful video though, Amalia is tooo cute!
She learned it before her engagement. When the engagement was announced she was able to talk to the press fluently (and about sensitive issues, like her father). Of course her dutch has improved since those days, she doesn't have to 'search' for the right words anymore and she lost a part of her accent (not completely though, which isn't necessairy IMO)
Old 03-01-2006, 05:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

no indeed i loooooove her spanish accent. i try to imitate it. I think its one her greatest charms and i hope she never looses it.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I thought that was pretty cute of Amalia, too! "Jaaaaa!" "Jaaaaa!" I could hear the photographers repeating it over and over again!

Very cute video! It looks like Amalia has inherited her mom's natural exuberance!

Does anyone know how I might be able to save this clip on my computer?
Perhaps with StreamDown: http://stream-down.cocsoft.com/download.html

URL video: mms://streams.omroep.nl/nos/nieuws/2006/februari/video/260206/lech.wmv
Old 03-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Nobility

For us non-Dutch, what does "Jaa" mean?

I think she's adorable, even though I couldn't understand the nuances of the interactions.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
For us non-Dutch, what does "Jaa" mean?

I think she's adorable, even though I couldn't understand the nuances of the interactions.
ja= Yes:) and before she say:jaaah, she say: dit ben ik :) That I am:) (EXCUSE ME. i COULDN'T ENGLISH:) )
Old 03-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Nobility

BTW, what's with the hairy bottoms of Maxima's ski pants?
Old 03-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Thanks, maximaiscool!

(and your english is way better than my dutch, so there's no reason for your excusing yourself!)