Lech Photo Sessions: 2005-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no indeed i loooooove her spanish accent. i try to imitate it. I think its one her greatest charms and i hope she never looses it.

Alexandria said:
I thought that was pretty cute of Amalia, too! "Jaaaaa!" "Jaaaaa!" I could hear the photographers repeating it over and over again!

Very cute video! It looks like Amalia has inherited her mom's natural exuberance!

Does anyone know how I might be able to save this clip on my computer?

Perhaps with StreamDown: http://stream-down.cocsoft.com/download.html

URL video: mms://streams.omroep.nl/nos/nieuws/2006/februari/video/260206/lech.wmv

For us non-Dutch, what does "Jaa" mean?

I think she's adorable, even though I couldn't understand the nuances of the interactions.

ap3 said:
For us non-Dutch, what does "Jaa" mean?

I think she's adorable, even though I couldn't understand the nuances of the interactions.

ja= Yes:) and before she say:jaaah, she say: dit ben ik :) That I am:) (EXCUSE ME. i COULDN'T ENGLISH:) )

Thanks, maximaiscool!

(and your english is way better than my dutch, so there's no reason for your excusing yourself!)

ap3 said:
Thanks, maximaiscool!

(and your english is way better than my dutch, so there's no reason for your excusing yourself!)

:) :) :) :) :)

Marengo said:
She learned it before her engagement. When the engagement was announced she was able to talk to the press fluently (and about sensitive issues, like her father). Of course her dutch has improved since those days, she doesn't have to 'search' for the right words anymore and she lost a part of her accent (not completely though, which isn't necessairy IMO)

Wow, that's definately not easy to accomplish, but she did it over not a very long period! Strong woman!:rolleyes:

Maxima is being studying Dutch since 1999. First with a private tutor when she used to live in New York and she continued studying when she moved to Europe. She is very smart.

I've honestly never heard W-A talking and his voice is deep, kind of sexy; you would never imagine that's his true voice:D

Video Lech:
- go to http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlboulevard/video/
- click on
video_icon_article.gif
01-03: Lech

Direct link to video (WMP): http://av.rtl.nl/web/components/act...dag_weesgegroet.avi.MiMedia_WM_364K_V9_av.wmv
W-A speaks German in this video and Maxima English :)

Last edited:
Thank you for all the photos, Catherina-Amalia and Alexia are both gorgeous little girls and I sense that Catherine-Amalia at least has developed her mother's bubbly and outgoing personality.

soCal girl said:
What did Amalia babble in the beginning of the video? She's such a confident, cute little kid.

I believe she said 'lach een beetje' or 'laugh a little.' I believe this was directed towards her parents. But in other words, i think Amalia was telling her parents to smile.

shellzbythesea said:
I believe she said 'lach een beetje' or 'laugh a little.' I believe this was directed towards her parents. But in other words, i think Amalia was telling her parents to smile.

Yes, she said 'Een beetje lachen!' (smile a little) and it sounded as it was directed to her parents indeed, because Maxima repeated it. She is so great, the little one. I hope she'll stay as spontaneous as she is now!

that's so nice of amalia! i'm so happy that her personality seemed to have evolved so much in the past year and she seems to be a lot more extrovertive, meanwhile at first she seemed quite shy. in her last appearences (alexia's christening, buenos aires walk in puerto madero, torino's olympics and this lech photosession) her personality definetely changed from before, which is great, since babies tend to start changing much later. she will be just as outgoing as her parents and the queen herself.

thanks for those lovely videos! it was great hearing willem talking in such a good german and it was the first time i hear maxima talking in english with her beautiful english accent! they both surprised me greatly. loved the las part of them saying "gruss gott in vorarlberg" at the same time and laughing! does anyone know what willem tells maxima that she blushes and puts her hand on her face? :)

this family is trully lovely...

Last edited:
The video is great. One journalist called: "Amalia!". And then she shouted "Ja!":D So cute. And W-A does speak perfect German, but no wonder, Dutch seems to be quite similar.

Princess Emma said:
Maxima is being studying Dutch since 1999. First with a private tutor when she used to live in New York and she continued studying when she moved to Europe. She is very smart.

a photo from a exercisebook when maxima was learning Dutch.

The ducht royal family is really nice.
Its my favourite!
And litlle princess Amalia is so cute!!! Dont u think?

LaChicaMadrilena said:
The video is great. One journalist called: "Amalia!". And then she shouted "Ja!":D So cute. And W-A does speak perfect German, but no wonder, Dutch seems to be quite similar.

In the grammar Dutch differs quite a lot from German. I'm Dutch myself, but I had quite a hard time learning German, I speak English way better. Therefore I think that W-A speaks German so well is due to the fact that his father, Prince Claus, was German.

Amalia is just such a cutie, imo she's the cutest little princess around. I love her spontaneous, lively personality. Her character seems to be just like her mothers. In looks, she has Alexanders nose and mouth, but Maxima's eyes and smile.
Alexia is a very beautiful baby, I love her big brown eyes. She is just like Amalia when Amalia was her age; quiet, a bit scared of the press, no smile.
Someone said that she didn't like the way Amalia and her mother act; well, I think that a two-year old should act like a two year old and have the space to play around. There will be many times when she cannot be herself fully, because all the camera's are pointed on her. Now that she is still a child, let her enjoy her freedom and space to be her spontaneous self.

Every time I see these pictures, I feel like that W-A's and Maxima's family is complete and Maxima will not have a third child.

crisiñaki said:
I've honestly never heard W-A talking and his voice is deep, kind of sexy; you would never imagine that's his true voice:D

Yeah! Same here! :cool:

I think CA is gorgeous! She is quite a charater. I can see that the Dutch have a great future queen in the making. :p

1 more photo from Hello magazine featuring skiing royals

i found this lovely photos (definetely my favourites!) of lech session of a first plane of cutie alexia and another of amalia kissing her with parents watching. aren't they lovely?
photos were posted in photolog http://www.maximavanoranje.web-log.nl/

I loved hearing Maxima speak English....such a treat and she has a great voice. It was nice to put voices with both of their faces. This family is adorable and I think Amalia has a wonderful personality. So full of life. I can see why W-A fell for Maxima and vice versa.

maximaiscool said:
a photo from a exercisebook when maxima was learning Dutch.
Thank you Maxima is cool for posting it! I've never seen it before!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone translate what they were saying?

Thanks to everyone for contribuiting to this thread. All the videos and stuff are great!

Watching the video The Watcher posted, I was surprised that Maxima's voice was so deep! I've always thought that she would have a softer voice, no idea why though. But her voice is very nice once you get used to it. Great video The Watcher!:D Kudos to you!

The current issue of Point de vue has coverage of the Lech photosession.

Photo from pointdevue.fr

Attachments

• amalia.jpg
    amalia.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 336
Back
Top Bottom