King Willem-Alexander, Current Events Part 2 (October 2017- November 2020)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Willem-Alexander had a meeting with the Chairman of the Senate Group, President Gerben Gerbrandy, OSF at Huis ten Bosch Palace today, July 3:

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

And he visited the Abbenbroek farm:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery

Last edited:
King Willem-Alexander had a meeting with the Chairman of the Senate Group, President Gerben Gerbrandy, OSF at Huis ten Bosch Palace today, July 3:

Wow, that's a rather confusing translation by PPE. Gerben Gerbrandy is the only member (and therefore chairman) of the 'Independent Senate Group' which represents the various provincial political parties in the 'first chamber' (or Senate). He is a former mayor, member of the Fryske Nasjonale Partij (note: the party's name is in Frisian and not in Dutch) - the largest among the provincial parties (as was the previous senate chairman/only member) - and represents all provincial political parties in the senate since June last year.

Last edited:
King Willem-Alexander received new Minister for Medical Care Tamara van Ark and new Secretary of State for Social Affairs Bas van ’t Wout at Palace Huis ten Bosch today, July 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

King Willem-Alexander received the new Ambassadors of Oman, Malta and Bangladesh today, July 15:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Why did the king do this alone and not with Maxima?

Why did the king do this alone and not with Maxima?

This was a Remembrance without public because of Covid. Only the King, the Prime Minister, the Chairs of the First and Second Chamber of the States-General, the chiefs of the Armed Forces, the Mayor of The Hague, etc. that iron list of the who-is-who.

Maxima has been to Covid remembrance services before, though. Ones I believe were just her and the King. I can understand paring to the so-called bare minimum, but it seems strange to downgrade her simply because more people need to come...

Maxima has been to Covid remembrance services before, though. Ones I believe were just her and the King. I can understand paring to the so-called bare minimum, but it seems strange to downgrade her simply because more people need to come...

In other years (once in five years) the King also has been alone at the Remembrance for the Fallen in the Netherlands East-Indies.

In 2007 the Court issued a communiqué that the restraint attitude towards other remembrances is to prevent inflation of the National Remembrance on May 4th, which ALSO "covers" the fallen in the Netherlands East-Indies and other dominions.

:previous: maybe a small addition to clarify: the king only attends 1 time every 5 years at this remembrance event; the other years attendance from governmental side are politicians and ambassadors

This is not comparable at all to a covid-related event, so whether she attended completely unrelated events doesn't seem relevant.

In addition, Willem-Alexander makes it a priority to attend these remembrance services once every 5 years during their holidays. So, he flew in from Greece to attend and most likely went straight back. He's done this before for other extremely important events taking place in the summer.

This is not comparable at all to a covid-related event, so whether she attended completely unrelated events doesn't seem relevant.

In addition, Willem-Alexander makes it a priority to attend these remembrance services once every 5 years during their holidays. So, he flew in from Greece to attend and most likely went straight back. He's done this before for other extremely important events taking place in the summer.

I meant "remembrance services during this Covid period, like the ones in the spring". Sorry for the confusion. If the rest of them are in Greece on holiday, I guess having the King alone makes some sense.

I meant "remembrance services during this Covid period, like the ones in the spring". Sorry for the confusion. If the rest of them are in Greece on holiday, I guess having the King alone makes some sense.

Thanks for the clarification. The ones in Spring are considered far more important in the Netherlands. The 4th of May is THE day of remembrance. So, of course the queen does attend that one - together with the king - each year. This one is only attended by the king once every 5 years, so that already paints a clear picture of how they compare to each other. Nonetheless, it's good to see that the king returned to the Netherlands from Greece again this year to attend.

The current Prime Minister actually has a personal connection with this specific remembrance as it's mainly to remember the capitulation of Japan and therefore the liberation of Indonesia (that then spend the next few years to free themselves from the Dutch). The PM's father was interred as prisoner of war in one of the Japanese camps and lost his first wife (the PM is the son of his second wife) - today's speech was a very personal one in which he shared part his father's story.

Last edited:
King Willem-Alexander visited in the context of the theme "circular economy" the Schijvens corporate fashion in Hilvarenbeek today 2 September

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=02-09-2020 Hilvarenbeek

also visited in the context of the theme "circular economy" the kringloopwinkel La Poubelle in Tilburg.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=02-09-2020 Tilburg
https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...-alexander_visit_to_hilvarenbeek_and_tilburg?
https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...lem-alexander_visits_stores,_the_netherlands?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see them back at work. Both the K and Q enjoy their work. I believe King Willem Alexander looks better without the beard,with it he looks older,he really don'y have a face for a beard,like others. OMO.

Nice to see them back at work. Both the K and Q enjoy their work. I believe King Willem Alexander looks better without the beard,with it he looks older,he really don'y have a face for a beard,like others. OMO.

The beard masks his babyfat chin and makes him more masculine. He can use a haircut and a beard grooming session though.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom