King Willem-Alexander, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - October 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Thank you, GömdNatt! :flowers:

King Willem-Alexander also unveiled a monument for the soldiers who had died in conflicts and during missions after World War II. It's a digital screen with the names of the fallen soldiers.

** anp gallery 1 ** anp gallery 2 ** ppe gallery 1 ** ppe gallery 2 **

Last edited:

Yesterday, July 6, King Willem-Alexander received the Ambassadors of Hungary, Honduras and the United Arab Emirates:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** anp gallery **

And later that day he made a working visit to Katwijk to see how a typical municipality deals with the integration of refugees:

** Pic ** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander attended the final day of the 100th Four Days Marches in Nijmegen today, July 22:

** anp gallery **

Ah, apparently the royal family is still in the Netherlands. Nice to see the King making a spontaneous visit.

Back to business ;)

King Willem-Alexander received the Ambassadors of Guatemala, Romania and Germany today, August 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery **

The summer holidays are defiantly over :flowers:

Today, August 26, King Willem-Alexander had a meeting with Stanislaw Tillich, President of the Bundesrat of the Federal Republic of Germany:

** Pic ** anp gallery **

The King takes oaths of quite a lot of persons: members of the Hoge Raad der Nederlanden (Supreme Court of Justice), members of the Raad van State (highest advisory body of the Government, Supreme Court of Administration), ministers, state-secretaries, the Governors of Curaçao, Aruba and Sint Maarten, Commissioners of the King (governors of the provinces), the attorneys-general (chief prosecutors of Justice), the members of the Auditory Chamber, all Ambassadors sent to foreign posts, senior members of the Civil and the Military Household of the King, etc.

Last edited:
I am glad they can still use parts of Noordeinde while the palace is undergoing renovations. Even though I do not like this particular room of Noordeinde, which looks more like the empty lobby of an expensive hotel than a room in a palace.

I am glad they can still use parts of Noordeinde while the palace is undergoing renovations. Even though I do not like this particular room of Noordeinde, which looks more like the empty lobby of an expensive hotel than a room in a palace.

Is Noordeinde undergoing renovations as well? I missed that.

I like this blue salon very much. Not too much frou-frou but I would like to see something else. They have so many salons in the palace, why always this blue one? King Willem Alexander has also used the salon at Villa Eikenhorst to receive guests. Maybe in the future he will use that salon in Huis ten Bosch his mother always used (in front of Princess Amalia).

The King receiving a guest at Noordeinde Palace (picture)

The King receiving a guest at Huis ten Bosch Palace (picture)

The King receiving a guest at Villa Eikenhorst (picture)

The King receiving a guest at the Royal Palace (picture)

The King receiving a guest at Het Loo Palace (picture)

Last edited:
HM The King bestowed Amsterdam International Airport Schiphol with the predicate " Koninklijk" on occasion of the 100th anniversary of the international airport.

It was also from this airport back in 1919 that the worlds first,and still existing, scheduled flight took off,Amsterdam - London.

Koninklijke Schiphol

Schiphol krijgt Koninklijke status - Amsterdam - PAROOL

I like the logo with the crown. Royal Schiphol Group has developed into a conglomerate of diverse business activities and even foreign airports.

HM The King bestowed Amsterdam International Airport Schiphol with the predicate " Koninklijk" on occasion of the 100th anniversary of the international airport.

It was also from this airport back in 1919 that the worlds first,and still existing, scheduled flight took off,Amsterdam - London.

Koninklijke Schiphol

Schiphol krijgt Koninklijke status - Amsterdam - PAROOL

Here are some photos of H.M.The King attending the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.

PPE

PPE Agency

HM the King will receive HRH the Duchess of Cambridge at Villa Eikenhorst on tuesday october 11th at the start of the one day trip to The Netherlands by the Duchess.It will be her first solo engagement abroad.

HRH will visit The Hague...(Mauritshuis)

and the city of Rotterdam.

Last edited:
HM the King will receive HRH the Duchess of Cambridge at Villa Eikenhorst on tuesday october 11th at the start of the one day trip to The Netherlands by the Duchess.It will be her first solo engagement abroad.

HRH will visit The Hague...(Mauritshuis)

and the city of Rotterdam.

What is the Duchess doing in the Netherlands ?

I'm glad to see that "rapprochement" between the Houses of Windsor and Orange-Nassau as, in the past, the two royal houses were pretty close to each other.

I'm glad to see that "rapprochement" between the Houses of Windsor and Orange-Nassau as, in the past, the two royal houses were pretty close to each other.

Wouldn't it be cool if she extends a state visit invitation from HM the Queen? :whistling: Now that would be a state visit to look forward to.

I can remember William did when visiting China. This might be wishful thinking though. :D

Visiting an exhibition at the Mauritshuis consisting of 20 works from the British Royal Collection ,..." van Dijck and his contemporaries " and a reception at the residence of the British Ambassador.

Then later in the day HRH will visit a project on mental healthcare in Rotterdam.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom