King Willem-Alexander, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - October 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen is too busy to welcome the presidents of Uganda and Israel? Quite odd...

The Queen is too busy to welcome the presidents of Uganda and Israel? Quite odd...

I don't think Queen Maxima has been present at any of these "receiving official visitors at Nordeinde Palace". I wonder if it is because they are part of King Willem-Alexander's offical duties "at the office" and they are not state visits as far as I know.
It kind of makes sense to me that the King's day to day work/duties at the palace is clearly defined and his wife doesn't need to be there all the time.

Nothing wrong with the Queen not present.Many heads of state and government leaders hop in if Frans Timmermans (Dutch Foreign Minister)- invites them too..so/.That surprised me alltogether as Uganda is one of Africa's most ignorant and backward wateringholes...It's stance towards gays fe is that they are prosecuted and jailed,and killed...So what's that kid doing here in the first place..??

TM will host a dinner for Peres at Noordeinde Palace tomorrow evening and as it is a official visit.NOT a State Visit as NOS announced the other day...but then what do they know...:whistling:....So there might be semi-gala tomorrow evening,no diadems.but the odd whopper here and there maybe.

Last edited:
HM The King welcomed Israëli president Simon Peres at Noordeinde Palace this morning and inspected the Guards of Honour formed by the Guards Regiment Grenadiers.

1383537_568916059841005_1853142792_n.jpg

imagegen.aspx

imagegen.aspx

Courtesy Royal House website.

PPE Agency

Noordeinde Palace this morning.

courtesy PPE

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

I still have to get used to see Willem-Alexander instead of Beatrix at these welcome ceremonies with the guards..:)

Some more pics:

** anp gallery **

** dpp: King Willem-Alexander welcomes President Shimon Peres of Israel **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: King Willem Alexander Of The Netherlands Welcomes Israeli President Shimon Peres **

King Willem-Alexander today also attended the celebrations for the 175 anniversary of the High Court of the Netherlands in Den Haag:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander has received the President of the Republic of Cape Verde, Jorge Carlos Fonseca, in Den Haag today, October 3, 2013.

** Pic **

HM The King visited the "Peeking at the neighbours" Orange Fund project at Oosterwolde this morning.

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE

The Dutch Royal Mint announced a new two euro coin with HM King Willem-Alexander and his six predecessors which will be availeble soon in the frame of the 200th anniversary of the Kingdom of The Netherlands.The present & the previous 6 Monarchs of the House of Orange will be connected by a ribbon.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

King Willem-Alexander has opened the new campus of the United World Colleges in Maastricht today, October 11, 2013:

** anp gallery **

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander inaugurated the scannerlab Brains Unlimited at the Maastricht Health Campus today, October 29, 2013.
Brains Unlimited is a imaging platform that is used by scientists and industry for research into the development of human behavior and to common diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, epilepsy, schizophrenia and MS.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

** maastricht.gezien.nl gallery: Koning opent Brains Unlimited **

Later today King Willem-Alexander received the President of Croatia Ivo Josipović for a meeting in Den Haag:

Last edited:
The Beatrix stamps from 1980 seem more modern than these ones. I don't like the design, I would have preferred it to be a bit more abstract and in profile. It has been designed by Studio Job. Apparently the stamp is based on stamps of King Willem III from 1852.

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander received the President of the European Parliament, Martin Schulz, in Den Haag today, December 3, 2013.

King Willem-Alexander did not only attend the memorial service for former South African leader Nelson Mandela in Johannesburg on December 10 (see the extra thread). Yesterday, December 11, he viewed the coffin at the Union Buildings in Pretoria.

** Pic ** nos.nl video **

Yesterday, December 17, King Willem-Alexander reveived J. Smit, the new Commissioner of the King in the province of South Holland and his wife at Huis ten Bosch in Den Haag.

** Pic **

Nice that the king allowed a picture to be released, previously these ceremonies were strictly private.

King Willem-Alexander has received the credentials (Geloofsbrieven) of the ambassadors of Turkey, Qatar and Chad at the Palace Noordeinde in Den Haag today, January 8, 2014.

** ppe gallery **

A pity that they didn't use the creme caleche, since it was last used in the 80-ties. But nice that they used so much pump & circumstances.

The king attends the 'vaandelgroet' , which is translated a greeting to the ensign. The last one was done on May 31st 1980, to say goodbye to Queen Juliana. t is a ceremony that pays tribute to the connection between the head-of-state and the army.

The NOS has a clip of the event (on the right side of the page):
Vaandelgroet aan koning - NOS Nieuws

and a longer clip from the Telegraaf:
Jan Soldaat staat 200 jaar paraat - Binnenland | Het laatste nieuws uit Nederland leest u op Telegraaf.nl [binnenland]

The army can need some support since there has been one budget cut after another... for decades.

-------------
King Willem-Alexander has received the credentials (Geloofsbrieven) of the ambassadors of Turkey, Qatar and Chad at the Palace Noordeinde in Den Haag today, January 8, 2014.
And again: nice that they allowed photographers.

Last edited:
The army can need some support since there has been one budget cut after another... for decades.

-------------

And again: nice that they allowed photographers.

I have high hopes for the new years reception too,photographerswise!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom