King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima's Visits to the Provinces: May-June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
The data for the Provincial visits by TM were announced today,they will visit two Provinces each day during May and June.Visits to the Dutch Caribbean parts of the Kingdon will follow later this year.

May 28th Groningen / Drenthe

May 30th Gelderland / Utrecht

June 12th Limburg / Noord-Brabant

June 14th Friesland / Noord-Holland

June 19th Flecoland / Overijssel

June 21st Zeeland / Zuid-Holland

Last edited:
What will they visit in the provinces? Just the provincial capitals?

I believe the provinvial visits of the couple before & after their wedding lasted a day for each province. But I can imagine they have less time now.

What will they visit in the provinces? Just the provincial capitals?

I believe the provinvial visits of the couple before & after their wedding lasted a day for each province. But I can imagine they have less time now.

Yes,only the capitals this time according to what's known of the program,but even that is quiet a stretch,two capitals a day..tiresome..to me that is ....The pre and after wedding visits lasted a day to each,country-side and capital.All just before the summer holidays.

In mid-november TM will visit the Dutch Caribbean,all six of the islands.

The names of the villages and cities that will be visited are released:

Tuesday 28 May: Groningen and Drenthe
Morning: Groningen, Landgoed Nienoord (municipalty Leek), Havezate Mensinge in Roden (municipalty Noordenveld, informal meeting)
Afternoon: Dwingeloo (municipalty Westerveld), Beilen (municipalty Midden-Drenthe), Assen (former provincial house)

Thursday 30 May: Gelderland and Utrecht
Morning: De Liemers/Duiven, Arnhem, Oosterbeek, Wageningen. Informal meeting on aboat on the river Lek.
Afternoon: Vianen, Vreeswijk (municipalty Nieuwegein), IJsselstein, Utrecht

Wednesday 12 June: Limburg and Noord-Brabant
Morning: Maastricht, Heerlen, Sittard-Geleen, Venlo, former militairy airfield De Peel (municipalties Venray en Gemert-Bakel, informal meeting)
Afternoon: Roosendaal, Oisterwijk, ’s Hertogenbosch (former provincial house)

Friday 14 June: Fryslân and Noord-Holland
Morning: Leeuwarden, Akkrum (municipalty Boarnsterhim), Joure (municipalty Skarsterlân), Elahuizen (municipalty Gaasterlân-Sleat), Stavoren (municipalty Súdwest-Fryslân). Informal meeting on a boat from Stavoren to Enkhuizen.
Afternoon: Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Zaanstad, Haarlem

Wednesday 19 June: Flevoland en Overijssel
Morning: Almere, Lelystad, Emmeloord (municipalty Noordoostpolder), Ens (municipalty Noordoostpolder, informal meeting)
Afternoon: ’s Heerenbroek (municipalty Kampen), Zwolle, Goor (municipalty Hof van Twente)

Friday 21 June: Zeeland and Zuid-Holland
Morning: Middelburg, Goes, Zierikzee (municipalty Schouwen-Duiveland), Brouwersdam (gemeente Goeree-Overflakkee, informal meeting)
Afternoon: Brouwersdam (municipalty Goeree-Overflakkee), Voorne-Putten/Hellevoetsluis, Zoetermeer, Den Haag

Willem-Alexander na inhuldiging langs provincies

Oddly enough the couple will NOT visit Rotterdam or Amsterdam, the two largest cities of the country.

They are visiting my hometown. :D

Last edited:
The names of the villages and cities that will be visited are released:

Tuesday 28 May: Groningen and Drenthe
Morning: Groningen, Landgoed Nienoord (municipalty Leek), Havezate Mensinge in Roden (municipalty Noordenveld, informal meeting)
Afternoon: Dwingeloo (municipalty Westerveld), Beilen (municipalty Midden-Drenthe), Assen (former provincial house)

Thursday 30 May: Gelderland and Utrecht
Morning: De Liemers/Duiven, Arnhem, Oosterbeek, Wageningen. Informal meeting on aboat on the river Lek.
Afternoon: Vianen, Vreeswijk (municipalty Nieuwegein), IJsselstein, Utrecht

Wednesday 12 June: Limburg and Noord-Brabant
Morning: Maastricht, Heerlen, Sittard-Geleen, Venlo, former militairy airfield De Peel (municipalties Venray en Gemert-Bakel, informal meeting)
Afternoon: Roosendaal, Oisterwijk, ’s Hertogenbosch (former provincial house)

Friday 14 June: Fryslân and Noord-Holland
Morning: Leeuwarden, Akkrum (municipalty Boarnsterhim), Joure (municipalty Skarsterlân), Elahuizen (municipalty Gaasterlân-Sleat), Stavoren (municipalty Súdwest-Fryslân). Informal meeting on a boat from Stavoren to Enkhuizen.
Afternoon: Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Zaanstad, Haarlem

Wednesday 19 June: Flevoland en Overijssel
Morning: Almere, Lelystad, Emmeloord (municipalty Noordoostpolder), Ens (municipalty Noordoostpolder, informal meeting)
Afternoon: ’s Heerenbroek (municipalty Kampen), Zwolle, Goor (municipalty Hof van Twente)

Friday 21 June: Zeeland and Zuid-Holland
Morning: Middelburg, Goes, Zierikzee (municipalty Schouwen-Duiveland), Brouwersdam (gemeente Goeree-Overflakkee, informal meeting)
Afternoon: Brouwersdam (municipalty Goeree-Overflakkee), Voorne-Putten/Hellevoetsluis, Zoetermeer, Den Haag

Willem-Alexander na inhuldiging langs provincies

Oddly enough the couple will NOT visit Rotterdam or Amsterdam, the two largest cities of the country.

They will be here often enough or we'll see them later this year..but thanks for the extensive agenda!

It must be awful to be forced to walk between so many hysterical children (clip 2). It seems that it is is a bit like a mini queens day.

12-06-2013 Provinciebezoeken Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander visiting the provincie Limburg.
Maastricht.
Boatride on the MaasBegroeting and a walk with the Limburgse schutterijen.

PPE agency gallery

A view pictures I took of the King and Queen in Roosendaal.

img_5623.jpg

img_5628.jpg

img_5638.jpg

img_5663.jpg

More amazing balcony flowers! I want a balcony on my house!

It is nice that they visit so many places, but I just hear in the news that they are very quick; 38 minutes in Heerlen, 23 minutes in Sittard, 15 minutes in Venlo etc. How long did they stay in Roosendaal PrincessRobijn (thanks for the pics btw)? The crowds very from city to city, but in general I would say that it seems quite busy. By the time they reached Venlo the press bus couldn't keep up any more and the national press was too late. NOS says that in Venlo there were quite a few Germans btw.

Brabant spent by far the most money on the day, 500.000 euros. But the crowds very very large and I guess there was a lot to see, concerts etc. In Den Bosch the main square was completely packed. Máxima was moving/dancing along on the music of Guus Meeuwis btw, which must have been appreciated by the people in Brabant esp. as he was singing what they call the 'unofficial anthem' of the province.

Last edited:
12-06-2013 Provinciebezoeken Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander visiting the provincie Limburg.
Maastricht.
Boatride on the MaasBegroeting and a walk with the Limburgse schutterijen.

PPE agency gallery

I love Queen Maxima's navy dress and hat... lovely. She and King Willem Alexander look very relaxed and genuinely happy to be out and greeting the people.

Question: in some of the pictures in the above gallery, people are holding signs. I tried using google translate, but it doesn't make too much sense. Does anyone know what they say?

It means 'in favour of an elected head of state'. The lone protesters get some attention these days after the police removed one in Utrecht in March or April two on Dam square on April 30th and once during one of these provincial visits. WA already said in the pre-inhauguration interview that people are free to protest, but the police seems nervous (after Apeldoorn quite understandable). Every time after somebody was taken to the station for an hour the police sent them apologies and flowers btw.

Back
Top Bottom