King Willem-Alexander & Queen Máxima's Visit to the Caribbean: November 12-21, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently a lot of people were watching the couple in Willemstad, so instead of seeing some monuments as planned, the couple mainly shaked hands and such, which is nice.

I saw some clips of 'Blauw Bloed' and some parts are almost embarrasing. Some people, with the best intentions, talk to the king and the queen in such a humble way as I would imagine people would adress the RF in the days of Queen Wilhelmina. It was funny to see the queen's tactics when meeting people: just fire one question after another at them. The Queen was the only one thoughtful enough to notice that it may be nice if somebody would take a picture of a couple who opened their new house (par of a social project) for the first time.

Blauw Bloed, 16 november 2013 - Deel 1 bezoek koningspaar aan Caribisch gebied

Last edited:
:flowers:
995252_594593543939923_1569480898_n.jpg

Reception at the Governors residence,Willemstad,Curacao last night.
Stunning new ruby ear jewellery!

Immediatly after the reception TM flew to Aruba ahead of their two day visit there.

Courtesy Hans Jacobs:flowers:

Last edited:
In Curaçao the king received the thesis of Darryl Danchelo (26) aka rapper 'Insayno'. The thesis was about the effect of early school leavers on the island.

However, the rapper in one of his songs trivialized the holocaust, and called the death of millions as 'a joke' (compared to the millions of slaves that have died). And on April 30th he twittered the following: "F#ck de koning en f#ck de koningin ook maar lekker. No homo." https://twitter.com/Insayno/status/329209689718005760 . He also was getting violent at a protest at the city hall of Amsterdam. Another one of these chronically angry people, no idea why they are encouraged by anybody. But perhaps he wrote a brilliant thesis of course.

Scriptie van rappende artiest overhandigd aan de koning - Nieuws

------------------------------------------------------

Máxima in a familiar looking pink Natan outfit in Aruba:
https://twitter.com/Kysia/status/403165684232114176/photo/1

http://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/mode-maxima-mode-algemeen/kennismakingsbezoek-antillen-dag-7

Last edited:
The King pushed a reporter/journalist away from the Queen.
The journalist is from Argentina and was asking something from the Queen.
The protection officers weren't nearby enough to push the journalist away, so the King 'saved' his wife.
This is quite brave but it isn't very chique and nice of course...

wow, maxima looks ravishing in that dress!

(my only complaint, if i may, is that i wish her shoes didn't have ankle straps - they just dont look good on most women)

The protection officers weren't nearby enough to push the journalist away, so the King 'saved' his wife.

wow what did he ask that the King had to save her!

It is chique and nice enough!!Anyone else would have banged the guy to where he belongs:the gutter with that pulp!WA is not a wuzz,he protects his wife when those in charge fail.My kind a guy!Chapeau!He wasn't in a position to intrude the way he did,as no-one was,just a freek like a few years ago when Argentina pulp reporters tryed to pull tricks too...Soo...the news of the day in Argentina will be our King gently pushing that nuisance away...As if they have nothing better to report..Oh well..where's the garbage bin?..On the other hand,it is soo natural to react as WA did,these days with all these freeks around,he could have stabbed or shot her at close range...would that have been chique or nice?No!God forbid!!

Last edited:

Here's an extra gallery of yesterday's evening event:

** ppe gallery Bushiribana **

And here's another gallery of the whole first day on Aruba:

** dpp: King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima visit Aruba day 1 **

Willem-Alexander and Máxima spent the second and the final day of their journey on Aruba today, November 21:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

** dpp gallery: King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima visit Aruba day 2 **

** hellomagazine: Queen Maxima continues to shine as Dutch tour of the Caribbean comes to an end **

Last edited:
Radio 1 discussed the visit to the caribean, some points of interest:

- They noticed that the king didn't wear a jacket while the queen wore hat, gloves etc. They thought that this was appreciated by the people on the islands. The king was more accessible than his mother. However, the people at the Antilles expected the Queen to dress with the same sense of glamour as in Europe [not my words].

- The different tone of the King compared to that of the politicians in The Hague was noted. The politicians have been rather negative, almost inviting the islands to leave the kingdom and become completely independent. The king however was very positive, emphasizing improvements, opportunities and mentioning that the islands were an important part of the kingdom.

- The house of Orange is popular at the islands, something that this visit has shown yet again. The commentators related this to a possible debate in the future: for a ceremonial kingship -as some parties in parlement want- they will need to change the constitution. For that they will need a 2/3rd majority of votes. And the parlement of the islands will also have a vote in this and are not expected to agree to such a change.

The Argentine journalist Camilo Martín Garcia, who was pushed aside by the king feels 'physically abused'. This was mentioned by his sister Barbara in the Argentinian 'teleshow'.

Apparently mr. Garcia was arrested by the Aruban police during the concert, when he tried to film the queen with his cellphone.

He was taken away from the event as his press accreditation was withdrawn earlier that day. Apparently he was told in advance not to scream at the royals, but he did anyway.

Argentijnse journalist voelt zich mishandeld - AD.nl

in Spanish: http://www.perfil.com/internacional...e-con-los-reyes-de-Holanda-20131121-0037.html

---

Reactions on Dutch websites is mainly supportive of the king, though people wonder about the lack of security.

Last edited:
I just talk with my mother and she told me that in the news in Argentina said that Maxima has forbidden to speak Spanish that's the reason the the journalist was stop because he spoke Spanish to her! Certenly I do not belive that but this is what the news in the TV said in Argentina. any body else knows anything about this comment?

Well, she speaks Spanish with her children sometimes, so I don't think it's forbinnen!
I just think the King wanted to protect his wife, and this was a automatic reaction on the journalist.

Isn't Spanish her native language? I think it is, and so I am sure she speaks not only sometimes with her children on this language but very often. The 3A should understand her grandmother and grandfather, and other relatives in Argentina or not?

Isn't Spanish her native language? I think it is, and so I am sure she speaks not only sometimes with her children on this language but very often. The 3A should understand her grandmother and grandfather, and other relatives in Argentina or not?

My understanding is that the AAAs and their father are learning Spanish. Being multi-lingual will certainly be an advantage for the girls.

The Argentine journalist Camilo Martín Garcia, who was pushed aside by the king feels 'physically abused'. This was mentioned by his sister Barbara in the Argentinian 'teleshow'.

Apparently mr. Garcia was arrested by the Aruban police during the concert, when he tried to film the queen with his cellphone.

He was taken away from the event as his press accreditation was withdrawn earlier that day. Apparently he was told in advance not to scream at the royals, but he did anyway.

Argentijnse journalist voelt zich mishandeld - AD.nl

in Spanish: http://www.perfil.com/internacional...e-con-los-reyes-de-Holanda-20131121-0037.html

---

Reactions on Dutch websites is mainly supportive of the king, though people wonder about the lack of security.

Thank you Marengo for the update. If he'd been warned like all of the other journalists then he only has himself to blame for his predicament.

the Argentinean magazine Caras show some photos of Maxima and W-A in a beach
http://caras.perfil.com/2013-11-26-28205-maxima-y-guillermo-2/maxima_11-2/
they went to a cruse too in the carabean here the photos:
It looks that maxima wasstuding some speech! and a lot of bodyguards around.
http://caras.perfil.com/2013-11-26-28205-maxima-y-guillermo-2/maxima_4-12/
http://caras.perfil.com/2013-11-26-28205-maxima-y-guillermo-2/maxima_3-14/
http://caras.perfil.com/2013-11-26-28205-maxima-y-guillermo-2/maxima_2-15/

Back
Top Bottom