King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima's Visit to Russia: November 8-9, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
TM will visit Moscow on november 9th at the conclusion of the Russia - The Netherlands year.TM will attend a concert by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra with director Maris Jansons as part of the world tour of the orchestra.

TM will also meet with President Putin.

Several political parties want to cancel the Netherlands-Russia year/ the visit of the King and Queen to Russia.
This 'friendship' year saw one incident after another. Last week the Dutch police arrested a Russian diplomat after his drunk wife crashed 4 cars in The Hague and while he dragged his children by the hair through the house.The neighbours called the police as they heard the children crying, the man was drunk and the police arrested him. The Russians, instead of withdrawing the diplomat after this behavior, demanded apologies and threatened to stop the export of flowers to Russia. So our foreign minister apologised.
Russia and the Netherlands: The bear and the land of tulips | The Economist

And now a Dutch diplomat was tied to his chair in his house and molested. I wonder how much more of groveling we need to do.
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2013/10/dutch_diplomat_attacked_at_hom.php

If the visit goes on as planned, which is the most likely scenario, it will be a difficult first high profile foreign visit for the new king.

Last edited:
Several political parties want to cancel the Netherlands-Russia year/ the visit of the King and Queen to Russia.
This 'friendship' year saw one incident after another. Last week the Dutch police arrested a Russian diplomat after his drunk wife crashed 4 cars in The Hague and while he dragged his children by the hair through the house.The neighbours called the police as they heard the children crying, the man was drunk and the police arrested him. The Russians, instead of withdrawing the diplomat after this behavior, demanded apologies and threatened to stop the export of flowers to Russia. So our foreign minister apologised.

And now a Dutch diplomat was tied to his chair in his house and molested. I wonder how much more of groveling we need to do.
DutchNews.nl - Dutch diplomat attacked at home in Moscow, possible gay rights protest

Very little needs to be added to this! I think the word "groveling" is quite an apt one and could be used by a number of countries in their "special relationships" with other more "powerful" nations.
If King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima do visit Russia, I hope they will be treated better there than Angela Merkel was!

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit political, I think. - As long as there are diplomatic ties between the countries, kings and queens of any countries should visit, in my opinion. If and when the diplomats are withdrawn to their home countries, things change. Till then, it's business as usual, in my book.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima's Visit to Russia; November 8th-9th, 2013

Their Majesties arrive in Moscow on November 8, 2013

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010020011X13839294052286957
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010020021X13839294052286957
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010020031X13839294052286957
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010020041X13839294052286957
ANP

The below articles give you an idea of what the visit is on. The King and Queen will be attending a concert.

President Putin to Hold Talks With Dutch King
Article

Last edited:

And not in gala...Putin dislikes that..

572656.jpg

Free from NOS

I remember that now you mention it, when he was on a state(?) visit to the Netherlands he also wore a normal suit & tie in the evening:
Den Haag, 1 november 2005: Staatsiefoto gemaakt vóór het galadiner in Paleis Noordeinde - Het Koninklijk Huis

As a welcome present the Russian minister of foreign affairs accused the Dutch government of 'inactivity' in not preventing Greenpeace to set sail to the oil platform.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2686...Nederland-had-Greenpeace-moeten-stoppen.dhtml

Does mrs. Putin usually stay away from these events? I see that they did not need a translator, did they speak German perhaps? Or does Putin talk English?

Edit: I saw on the tv news that the king was talking Dutch and the president was talking Russian. There was a translator indeed.

Last edited:
I remember that now you mention it, when he was on a state(?) visit to the Netherlands he also wore a normal suit & tie in the evening:
Den Haag, 1 november 2005: Staatsiefoto gemaakt vóór het galadiner in Paleis Noordeinde - Het Koninklijk Huis

As a welcome present the Russian minister of foreign affairs accused the Dutch government of 'inactivity' in not preventing Greenpeace to set sail to the oil platform.
Russen: Nederland had Greenpeace moeten stoppen - Binnenland - VK

Does mrs. Putin usually stay away from these events? I see that they did not need a translator, did they speak German perhaps? Or does Putin talk English?

He is divorced,there is only a ex Mrs.Putin now.Oh and Lavrov is Lavrov ...uttering anything to blame anyone else except him- or themselves...
They use translators for the official parts but talk either German or English for the rest of the time,out of view...nationalist ego...Anyway.Yes,that was that state visit Marengo,and the Queen had to adapt to the wishes of Putin by not wearing a diadem...There was some hullabaloo over that at the time.Specially on the Boards and Fora...grin..But all was done to cover the damage by the Russians as they suddenly decided SHELL had to withdraw or pay dearly from or for a project in Kamchatka,their far-eastern peninsula...The Russians took over with their own oil company...That is,they took over with the company based on what they stole from Mikhail Khodorkovski....Such a sweet neat bunch...:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah Lucien, i see you are really in the spirit of Netherlands-Russia year :)

When in Moscow...grin...Yes I am!

Last edited:

Must say I did like what your fellow Heerlenaar,and our Foreign Minister,wrote on the Port Putin served at dinner last night,dating from the year of birth of Queen Anna Pavlovna.Very thoughtfull.True.

King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands and Queen Maxima attend a concert by Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra at the Tchaikovsky Conservatorium in Moscow, Saturday, November 9, 2013.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

:previous:

Here are some more pics of the concert, as well as pics and videos of Willem-Alexander and Máxima's visit to the State Tretyakov Gallery and their meeting with Dutch and Russian businessmen and officials today:

** anp gallery ** rtlnieuws.nl gallery **

** refdag.nl gallery: „Bezoek koning heeft geholpen” (fotoserie) **

** nos.nl video: Koningspaar bij handelsoverleg **

** nos.nl video: Koningspaar bezoekt Tretyakov Museum **

** nos.nl video: Koningspaaar bezoekt lunch en tentoonstelling **

Last edited:
According to the minister of foreign affairs, the visit of the king and queen helped to normalize the Russian-Dutch relations. So I suppose we must believe him on his word.

Thank goodness that this year is over, it must have been one of the worst bilateral years in the 400 years of diplomatic relationship between the countries.

The relationships between Russia and any European country, including Netherlands, always remain politely disgruntled.
It is nice that King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima came to Moscow. Hopefully the programme of the visit was interesting.

Its good to know they were able to help on this matter. I had the idea that a monarchy couldn't interfere in such political matters. It was a nice short visit but with completely different events. The concert must of been great.

Tomatoes were thrown... I doubt they got close.
Dutch royals pelted with tomatoes in Moscow

Not them who got pelted...really...

" A Russian activist group says.."...They say so it's true,and especially when Yahoo has it...Oh wow...nah...True two activists were arrested yes,but not for aiming at TM....they were more aiming at another Russian nuisance of some sort.

" A Russian activist group says.."...Oh wow.....True two activists were arrested yes,but not for aiming at TM,for steeling the tomatoes...grin......they were more aiming at another Russian nuisance of some sort,called hush hush over a Russian man that died in a dutch cell and that was never cleared....Oh..Russia,this that and another thing going..But if you really want to make a point in Russia,then there's the guy who nailed his scrotum to the Red Square today in protest of something...I mean really...awkward position me thinks,but at least he aimed at himself and not to totally innocent people....He was taken to hospital by the police....Some people..Really...But they do get very inventive and creative on the way..:lol:

Another protest,more creative this time....

DutchNews.nl - Dutch diplomat attacked at home in Moscow, possible gay rights protest

If the visit goes on as planned, which is the most likely scenario, it will be a difficult first high profile foreign visit for the new king.

What??!! Why were there no protests over this? An outrage!:bang:

i really like how the queen looked so far. i love that blue dress and the fit of her brown blouse. well done to her!

I believe the two protestors will go to prison for a maximum of 15 days, which seems a bit excessive.

Originally Posted by lucien

" A Russian activist group says.."...Oh wow.....True two activists were arrested yes,but not for aiming at TM,for steeling the tomatoes...grin......they were more aiming at another Russian nuisance of some sort,called hush hush over a Russian man that died in a dutch cell and that was never cleared....Oh..Russia,this that and another thing going..But if you really want to make a point in Russia,then there's the guy who nailed his scrotum to the Red Square today in protest of something...I mean really...awkward position me thinks,but at least he aimed at himself and not to totally innocent people....He was taken to hospital by the police....Some people..Really...But they do get very inventive and creative on the way..:lol:

Gee, Lucien, thanks for sharing the Red Square story :wacko:

I believe the two protestors will go to prison for a maximum of 15 days, which seems a bit excessive.

I agree, 15 days does seem a bit excessive.

In 2008 Pres. Bush had a shoe thrown at him during a news conference in Bagdad by an Iraqi television journalist - the guy spent 9 months in jail.

Dutch royal family pelted with tomatoes in Russian opposition protest - Europe - World - The Independent

"Eduard Limonov, the leader of the banned National Bolshevik party, said two of his group’s members were responsible for the incident, and were subsequently arrested. Mr Limonov said today that the protest was carried out to draw attention to the death of a fellow activist, Alexander Dolmatov, who committed suicide in a Dutch detention centre in January. After taking part in a protest in May 2012 against President Vladimir Putin, Mr Dolmatov was arrested and then subsequently released. Fearing re-arrest based on charges faced by other activists, Mr Dolmatov fled. Making his way to the Netherlands, the activist sought asylum from political persecution. His request was rejected, and he was placed in a holding centre where he then killed himself."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom