King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, Current Events 1: May 2013 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the programme are various visits, mainly to the peatland areas & inititiatives how to find employment there.

Curiously enough, the king and queen do not talk to people in the province of Groningen that are experiencing earthquakes due to the extraction of gas from the soil. It has been a hot topic for a long time and people are very upset as their houses are falling apart while the state does very little to help. Of course the king went to Groningen in May 2014 to talk to a select group of worried people.

And as a sidenote: somehow PPE was able to make 25 pictures of the queen and only 4 of the king (in the background on all 4).

Last edited:
[...]

Curiously enough, the king and queen do not talk to people in the province of Groningen that are experiencing earthquakes due to the extraction of gas from the soil. It has been a hot topic for a long time and people are very upset as their houses are falling apart while the state does very little to help. [....]

Most likely the royal couple have been advised to avoid the hot topic because it is an open nerve for people in Groningen and leads directly to "them high up there, in The Hague" and the King would find himself in a minefield by engaging into conversations about the moving soil (due to gas exploration).

:previous:

According to 'Een Vandaag' (Radio1) he already spoke several times with people in Groningen about the matter -mostly in private-, and he will continue to meet them. There was one protester with a sign about the gas/earthquakes but the king told him that today's visit was to pay attention to another topic.

The people that were interviewed were very positive about the king and queen. One of the themes was the installation of windmills which also raised a lot of protests as people regard it as sky pollution. The king and queen did speak to protesters for this matter and met some of them at their homes at the kitchen table.

Last edited:
She is part of the house of Orange-Nassau and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands clearly finds her married name inspiring.
The Argentina-born Dutch royal, 43, cut a patriotic figure in her orange top as she visited the Veenkoloniaal Museum in Veendam with husband Willem-Alexander yesterday.
Maxima, who became Queen-Consort of the Netherlands in 2013, teamed her tangerine and grey Natan dress with matching orange suede court shoes and her favourite chunky jewellery.

Queen Maxima of The Netherlands steps out in bright orange | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
The Royal House has been a painting owned that during World War II by the Germans was stolen from Jewish owners. The Royal couple gives' The Hague forest with face at Huis ten Bosch therefore returned to the heirs of the collector.

Royal couple gives back looted art

H.M.Queen Máxima attends the uitblinkerslunch at the Noordeinde Palace in the Hague on April 10th.

PPE Agency

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice that they had the good sense not to seat Camiel Eurlings (Dutch IOC representative) next to the king and queen this time. He was fired from KLM last year as he squandered the Dutch interests at Air France-KLM and because he seemed to prefer the perks a bit too much while he did little work. For mysterious reasons the king heavily recommended Eurlings to be his successor in the IOC.

Curiously enough I hvent seen that picture with the Obama's anywhere in the Dutch press yet, which is odd as it is something they would be interested in.
Awful flower arrangements btw, the leaves look like plastic.

T.M.The King and Queen meet with Dutch members of the European Parliament at Palace Noordeinde in The Hague.

PPE

PPE Agency

I wondered why they didn't pose together. But well... perhaps the explanation is that the president first met one and afterwards had a meeting about something else with the other indeed.

Nice to see the living room of the Eikenhorst but I do not understand why they couldn't receive the president more formally at Noordeinde.

I love to see the photos of their living room at Eikenhorst !I must say looks big , but nothing special, some antiques and I guess paintisng from her sister!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom