King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, Current Events 1: May 2013 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They looked very concerned at yesterday's visit, and that's understandable, considering it was one to a Jewish community. - Both look pleasant and professional, which is the way to go.

Thank you for posting the pictures!

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima have received Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon and his wife at Noordeinde on August 27, 2013. Princess Beatrix later joined them for a dinner. Ban Ki-Moon is in the Netherlands for the celebration of 100 years Peace Palace in Den Haag today.

** Pic ** anp gallery **

I notice that Maxima is wearing black. A few days ago Beatrix and Laurentein were at en evening function; but also in black.
WA is not wearing a black tie though....
Is there official mourning period for the family / royal court when they will always be in black? If so, how long is it?
Or is the wearing of black just a coincidence!!

I notice that Maxima is wearing black. A few days ago Beatrix and Laurentein were at en evening function; but also in black.
Is there official mourning period for the family / royal court when they will always be in black? If so, how long is it?

I don't think that the ladies wearing black was just a coincidence. W-A, on the other hand, IMO, may have made a personal decision that it was time to move on.

No,we don't have Court mourning here,but the black shows the family is still in mourning obviously so soon after the tragic death of Friso.

HM wears a grey tie,which is perfectly allright due to circumstances.

Maybe it is just me, but the King looks tired and sad.

i was going to ask if they were in mourning, but since the king is wearing a grey tie, i thought it wasn't the case. but maybe, protocolarly, the black tie is only needed for the actual funeral?

HM The King will receive the first copy of "Droomboek"...Dreambook today,full of dreams dutch had/have regarding the King,the Monarchy etc etc..and which they could sent in in order to make a book of it to mark the Inthronisation of april 30th.

http://content.nos.nl/data/image/xxl/2013/09/05/547942.jpg

The King will receive the book at Het Loo Palace this afternoon after which he and Queen Máxima will walk through the outside exhibition "Dreams at Het Loo Palace".

NOS Dutch television will give a LIVE report of the ceremony starting at 15.30PM local time,GMT plus1,Ned1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my voucher for the book in the mail this week. I am going to pick it up this afternoon. I am curious what people have wished.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow how we can get that book in the US?

HM the King will receive HE President Simon Peres of Israel on tuesday october 1st who will be on a official visit.

In the evening TM will host a dinner for President Peres at Noordeinde Palace.

Thank you for all the pictures! - Delighted to see Maxima again; I always like her! :flowers:

Busy weeks ahead...very busy...Dutch Caribbean,Colombia,Venezuela,Tanzania,Uganda...:)

All gold medalists were made a knight in the order of Orange-Nasau. They received the order in the Hall of Knights in the Hague from minister Schippers of Healthcare & Sport. Afterwards they went to the king and queen at Huis ten Bosch. This has been the most succesful Olympic Games ever for the Dutch team.

On tuesday 11 March, the king and queen had another one of their 'uitblinkers' luncheons, where they invite people who excell in something. Among the people invited were actress Halina Reijn, crime novelist Saskia Noort, dart player Michael van Gerwen and film director Jim Taihuttu.

Royalty Online

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom