King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, Current Events 1: May 2013 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the event is not interesting enough for the Henk and Ingrid's to watch. Hence the government finds it more important to enable these kind of people to go to the racing circuit of the patjepeër cousin of the King, where they are free to go by the 10.000s at the same time. The priority of this government always been to demolish anything that has to do with our history or culture -left wing hobbies as the prime minister called them once.

Last edited:
I suppose the event is not interesting enough for the Henk and Ingrid's to watch. Hence the government finds it more important to enable these kind of people to go to the racing circuit of the patjepeër cousin of the King, where they are free to go by the 10.000s at the same time. The priority of this government always been to demolish anything that has to do with our history or culture -left wing hobbies as the prime minister called them once.

Patjepeer cousin...I keep that in my already extremely rich vocabulary,haha!

Well he is,and I can´t stand the nonsense in difference,in this case.....football stadiums fuller to full,but no Prinsjesdag parade..add that to the questioning of our history by...by ..by what shall I call them without getting banned here...Haha!!Everything you can imagine,because really,they lost all credibility and respect,all.

To be fair: Prinsjesdag is about the Government informing Parliament and to present the new State Budget, hoping to obtain parliamentary consent in the months after. No more, no less.

Prinsjesdag has never stopped, also not during lock down. All other public events including sports, culture, have been cancelled. So the comparison with football is not one-on-one.

And oh yes: at least Bernhard van Vollenhoven earns his own money. He now even owns a yacht wharf which designs and produces yachts, see his site, with himself as Founder: https://waterdream.nl/

Real estate, Formula One, the Media Park, a yacht builder, an ICT infrastructure company, what not for Bernhard? The real patjepeër (parvenu in French) cousin here is the other way: WA von Amsberg, purely living on taxpayer money.

Last edited:
Last edited:
A new hairstyle? Or just still sporting Coupe "Greek Holiday"?

:previous:

It seems that the king has a new hair style.

--

The king and queen -unsurprisingly- will attend the Grand Prix in Zandvoort this weekend:

https://www.msn.com/nl-nl/sport/mot...k-aan-dutch-gp/ar-AAO1NvX?ocid=BingNewsSearch

The event is organised by the King's cousin, prince Bernhard.

He has a lot of wax in front...and a tad rommelig on the back..
Or he just ran out of the shower and forgot to camb halve of his head.
Alexander is Alexander,he s never the same...

Stro haar?
I think WA’s hair is to dry for this sleek look or for his beard for that matter.

But the enthousiasm these two ooze always makes up for their hairstyles.

Let’s hope they will witness a great succes for their compatriot Verstappen at Zandvoort this weekend.

While the incrowd criticizes Bernhard van Vollenhoven (owner of the race circuit) from all sides, but columnist Marcel van Roosmalen wrote "Bernhard is Orange enough to know what the masses want".

And see, it is like King's Day at the Grand Prix Formula 1: https://www.1limburg.nl/sites/defau...llery_detail/public/1498848.jpg?itok=TNYr0Ezk Some 300.000 visitors are expected: each day 70.000 on the racetrack and 30.000 in and around Zandvoort-at-Sea.

Undoubtedly the King visiting his cousin's feestje (little party) will give him loads of critics from the us-knows-us. But it is true: the masses speak with their feet and the Oranges know it. Already in the 17th C and all centuries after the "Regents" complained about the Orange Mob or the Orange Fever which the Stadtholders and the Kings used to set the "upper classes" for a fait accompli.

The former Kindergarten of King Willem-Alexander and his brothers, for years in use as a venue for the local scouting boys, has burned down last night.

The former little school is completely secluded in the forests between Soestdijk Palace and Drakensteyn Estate (where the princes lived in their youth).

The former Kindergarten: https://storage.pubble.nl/96897487/content/2020/7/cc963934-bd4e-4589-91a2-ed041c1cf94b_thumb1140.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, October 27, King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima have once more offered a lunch at Noordeinde Palace to Dutch people who have distinguished themselves by a special achievement:

** Pic ** rex gallery ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima have arrived in Abu Dhabi for their visit the World Expo 2020 Dubai today, November 2. And King Willem-Alexander met with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery ** rex gallery ** ppe gallery 2 **

Last edited:
On RTL it was said that the date of the Dutch visit was planned to avoid a meeting with the Sheikh of Dubai without offending anyone. It is also the reason why they are now in Abu Dhabi and not in Dubai.

The King has a fresh hairdut. I like the new coupe.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima hosted another of their Excellence Lunches at Noordeinde Palace today, November 25. Invited are Dutch people who have distinguished themselves through a special achievement.

** Pic **

Nice to see the old dining room of Noordeinde, we do not get to see it too often. I believe the private secretary of Queen Máxima can also be seen on the photo and thus must be participating.

Nice to see the old dining room of Noordeinde, we do not get to see it too often. I believe the private secretary of Queen Máxima can also be seen on the photo and thus must be participating.

It originally was an Empire style dining room (the daily dining room of the royal family) but in 1890 Queen Emma ordered a remake to a Louis XIV style dining room. Also the furniture (48 couverts) was specially ordered in Louis XIV style.

To match this style 17th C paintings were chosen. But hmmm I am not sure I like this style. At the other hand, it makes Noordeinde Palace a fascinating building with salons in 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th C styles.

There are palaces in Europe where for an example lot of the original interior has been destroyed for an -on that moment- en vogue style. For an example the Royal Palace in Brussels, where the original classicist interior of Willem I is almost completely destroyed and replaced with those neo-styles which Leopold II liked so much.
:ermm:

This dining room where today's event was held is in such a neo-style. A shame. But okay, luckily not the whole palace was overturned like the one in Brussels.

Last edited:
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima received the Dutch medal winners of the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics at Palace Noordeinde today, February 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** gettyimages gallery ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Ireen Wüst received a very special (and unexpected) honour: she was made Commander in the Order of Orange-Nassau (she already was a Knight in the Order of the Netherlands Lion - an honor she received in 2006 after her first Olympic gold - nowadays they Olympic champions become Knight in the Order of Orange-Nassau; which is most likely why she was made a Commander in a different order). She is the first athlete receiving this honor (even Johan Cruijff was only 'Officer'), which was justified because she is the first Olympian (worldwide) ever to win individual gold in 5 consecutive Olympic Winter Games.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima invited a number of people from the Ukrainian community in the Netherlands for an exchange today, March 8:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima visited Ukrainian refugees and the entral agency for the reception of asylum seekers (COA) at the refugee shelter army camp Harskamp in Ede today, March 10:

** ppe gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
What a wonderful visit by the king and queen and it must have been so moving:previous:

A video of the visit:

It seems the couple took their time to speak to the refugees. The Queen mainly spoke to children and their mothers while the King focussed on those who were in Ukraine as a refugee from elsewhere and now had to flee for a second time. The Queen commented that many children missed their fathers, who often had stayed in Ukraine to fight.

The couple stayed for one and a half hour. The visit was not announced so people were surprised. According to the 'Gelderlander' one Ukranian lady commented on the Queen's outfit and said she looked like a Queen, not realising that she actually was one.

Last edited:
I have never been more impressed with them. They really shined! They were compassionate and understanding. They really listened and asked the right questions.

Proud,very proud for their handson response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom