King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, Current Events 1: May 2013 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Nl-arms.gif

The Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

Welcome to the 1st thread about King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima of The Netherlands' Current Events.

The previous thread for Crown Prince Willem-Alexander's and Princess Máxima's Current Events can be found
[URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/willem-alexander-and-m-xima-current-events-part-8-november-2008-april-2013-a-19075.html"]here[/URL]

Please post current news and pictures of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines .

Last edited by a moderator:
When will we get the pleasure of seeing the king and queen for their official duty as king and queen ?

When will we get the pleasure of seeing the king and queen for their official duty as king and queen ?

This coming saturday may 4th,Remembrance Day,as we here Remember the Dead of WWII and all conflicts after during a National ceremony.TM will attend the Remembrance meeting in the Nieuwe Kerk and lay a wreath at the National Monument shortly before 20.00PM after which a two minute silence will be observed.

This coming saturday may 4th,Remembrance Day,as we here Remember the Dead of WWII and all conflicts after during a National ceremony.TM will attend the Remembrance meeting in the Nieuwe Kerk and lay a wreath at the National Monument shortly before 20.00PM after which a two minute silence will be observed.

Nice event to inaugurate their reign. :)

A very solemn occasion for the new King and Queen consort and in stark contrast to all the recent celebrations.

Where is the pre- inauguration interview?

Those are wonderful portraits. I love the one where the King and Queen are standing together. He looks so regal with his cape and she looks stunning, every inch a Queen. The other portrait I like is the one with them and the girls and Princess Beatrix. That is a lovely photo. Its nice to see them all together. Thank you for sharing that link.

Oh my goodness! The new official photos are so stunning - beautifully composed and regal! The perfect king and queen!

Absolutely beautiful portraits! One question I have though on the Act of Abdication document. Does Maxima's signature actually say Maxima? It doesn't look like it does. :ermm:

Absolutely beautiful portraits! One question I have though on the Act of Abdication document. Does Maxima's signature actually say Maxima? It doesn't look like it does. :ermm:

But yes ofcourse!She signed it,as all could see her doing so After Queen then Princess Beatrix and after King Willem-Alexander.:)

But yes ofcourse!She signed it,as all could see her doing so After Queen then Princess Beatrix and after King Willem-Alexander.:)

Thanks Lucien. Not being overly familiar with the Dutch royals up until Beatrix announced her abdication, watching Maxima signing, it looked to me as it was an entirely different name than Maxima and got me wondering.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima will visit Denmark on June 25

Koning en Koningin bezoeken Denemarken - Het Koninklijk Huis ** Google Translate

it's great news that they are visiting another country following their investiture. even though it's a short visit, i think it's important for them to get to know the other heads of state of neighbouring nations and have meetings with them, even though they probably know their counterparts, to be able to concentrate on "business" :)

i wonder what the visit will exactly entail. the official website mentions a lunch with the queen of denmark, but isn't it likely that some visits will take place?

TM King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will receive President Ricardo Martinelli of Panama and Mrs.Martinelli in Audience at their residence the Eikenhorst on tuesday may28th.

President Martinelli is on a three day working visit in The Netherlands starting today.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima received Panama's President Ricardo Martinelli and his wife at Villa Eikenhorst today, May 28:

** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima received Panama's President Ricardo Martinelli and his wife at Villa Eikenhorst today, May 28:

** anp gallery **
I see her change her shoes, I love to see part of their home, I wonder if all of a sudden the girls will run acroos them playing or chasing eachother! :lol:

King Willem-Alexander and queen Máxima are to visit British queen Elizabeth on July 10.

The one-day visit to London is a getting-to-know-you opportunity, says state information service RVD.The RVD also announced visits to Denmark (June 25) and autumn trips to Norway and Belgium.

- See more at: DutchNews.nl - Willem-Alexander to visit Elizabeth

Some dutchmen of Surinamese descent are angry that dispite the attendance of the king and queen, they did not place a wreath of flowers. The government also didn't apologise for slavery. Now, I find apologies for things that happened 150+ ago rather hollow and meaningless. But why the government didn't want the king to place some flowers on the monument is a mystery to me.
'Onbegrijpelijk dat de koning niet eens een krans legt' - Binnenland - VK

The president of Suriname says that it is time to forgive the Dutch. I don't see why I should be forgiven for something I didn't do though. All the people who were involved in this horrible thing are long dead. That a corrupt drug trader ánd murderer like Mr. Bouterse talks about forgiving in general would be amusing if it wouldn't be so sad.
Bouterse: Nederland vergeven om slavernij - Binnenland - VK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom