King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima, Current Events 1: May 2013 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The Queen had a spontaneous meeting with the met the German Chancellor Angela Merkel on the street. The Queen seems to be suggesting whom Merkel should be talking to… :whistling:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2zYb17J1DR/?igshid=qcgrvkjdmpf4

I couldn't quite catch it in the video; was Maxima speaking in Dutch or German to Angela Merkel? I presume German, but given the fact the two languages are very similar, it was hard to tell.

I couldn't quite catch it in the video; was Maxima speaking in Dutch or German to Angela Merkel? I presume German, but given the fact the two languages are very similar, it was hard to tell.

They were speaking in English :flowers:

Angela Merkel first asks "are you working here?" upon which Máxima explains that she has her 'ten-year tenure' (for her UN work). Then she tells that she talked to 'France' just now about women empowerment. Resulting in Merkel wondering 'which Franz' (probably thinking about Frans Timmermans; the (Dutch) vice-president of the EU) and only grasped that it was about the country when Máxima explained that she talked to the 'minister of finance' and Macron.

And brought quite a large Dutch delegation including the PM of the Netherlands, of Curacao, of Aruba and of St Maarten, the Secretary of State and the Minister of Foreign Trade (the shadow Secretary of State - considered to be far superior to him; but from a more 'minor' party) and one other.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were speaking in English :flowers:

Angela Merkel first asks "are you working here?" upon which Máxima explains that she has her 'ten-year tenure' (for her UN work). Then she tells that she talked to 'France' just now about women empowerment. Resulting in Merkel wondering 'which Franz' (probably thinking about Frans Timmermans; the (Dutch) vice-president of the EU) and only grasped that it was about the country when Máxima explained that she talked to the 'minister of finance' and Macron.

Ah I see, thanks. I have bad hearing at the moment and with additional noise in the background as there was at the time I saw the video it was a little more tricky to pinpoint the language!

So there’s a video circling of King WA showing the Dutch Prime Minister a video during President Trump speech at the UN. I shall try and find a link.

Today, November 7, King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima once again offered a lunch to Dutch people who have distinguished themselves by a special achievement:

** Pic **

Today, June 30, King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima offered their traditional lunch for a number of Dutch people who have distinguished themselves through a special performance in the fields of sport, music, science and the like. The lunch took place at Noordeinde Palace:

** Pic **

May I ask which place in Greece they own a house? I heard for a while now that they go to Greece during the holidays. But, I never seen the name of the place or the island (if it's in an island). Just curiosity ;)

May I ask which place in Greece they own a house? I heard for a while now that they go to Greece during the holidays. But, I never seen the name of the place or the island (if it's in an island). Just curiosity ;)

Its near Kranidi in the Peloponnese

Do you think Máxima was a bit surprised to be given flowers in the video? She definitely seemed slightly hesitant to take them (probably mindful of the consternation about the holiday photo)

Bicycling in stiletto heels!

Cycling is done with the front of the foot, so high heels are not really an issue. Cycling with a skirt or dress is the harder part - as you can see by the way Máxima's right knee/leg bending inwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom