King Willem-Alexander, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - October 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Nl-arms.gif

The Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

Welcome to the 1st thread about King Willem-Alexander of The Netherlands' Current Events.

The previous thread for Crown Prince Willem-Alexander's Current Events can be found
here

Please post current news and pictures only of Willem-Alexander in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines .

I was reading the news today and I suddenly saw this. I post it here as a curiosity, since it has surprised me a lot:

MADRID
Orange light on the fountain and the Palace of Cibeles in honour to the Netherlands.
They will be "dyed" this way because of the inauguration of King Willem-Alexander in the Netherlands, which will be held on April 30th in Amsterdam.
Traductor de Google

Those who doesn´t know about Madrid, Cibeles´square and its famous fountain are one of the most known city´s symbols ;)
http://www.viajejet.com/wp-content/viajes/plaza-de-cibeles.jpg

Last edited:
You know, while I knew this was happening, seeing this thread started and up now makes it all *real*. If that makes any sense and I hope it does. Anyway...

That's a lovely thing that's being done in Spain. Thanks for letting us know Annie. :)

HM The King appointed his cousin His Highness Prince Maurits as his Adjutant extraordinair while Prince Maurits also was elevated to the rank of Captain-Lt of the Royal Navy.

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1522150

And His Majesty saw off the last guests today after the brunch:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1522145

You can download a HQ-photo of the king and the new Captain-Lt:
Prins Maurits benoemd tot adjudant in buitengewone dienst - Het Koninklijk Huis

nice to see the king and queen with the girls in the palace! and constantin's familiy too. mabel don't go with the girls?

a little question, maxima and williem alexander have to move from they old house to the palace in la haya?

Last edited by a moderator:
They will move to Huis trn Bosch on a later date. But it isn't that far from Eikenhorst, perhaps 10 minutes by car.

-------
The new king will leave 'his house' the way it is. Meaning no new appointments for courtiers.

King Willem-Alexander will become patron of the Dutch Biblical Society.

Source: reformatorisch dagblad.

Yes it is :flowers:

Since king Willem II, every Dutch monarch has been patron of the biblical society.

I thought he was giving up all patronages in order to be seen as King of all the Dutch.

I thought he was giving up all patronages in order to be seen as King of all the Dutch.

No,he will keep some,some are under review,others ditched,and some new.All in tradition and accordance of His new role.:flowers:

Last edited:
The events that WA and Maxima attended as CP and CPS....how will this be handled now or who will attend? They will attend functions as King and Queen with other Monarchs, so who will attend on their behalf when the functions are for the CP and CPS? Perhaps one of his brothers and their wives? My apologies if this has been addressed previously.

The events that WA and Maxima attended as CP and CPS....how will this be handled now or who will attend? They will attend functions as King and Queen with other Monarchs, so who will attend on their behalf when the functions are for the CP and CPS? Perhaps one of his brothers and their wives? My apologies if this has been addressed previously.

Some functions they will be represented by either Princess Beatrix or Princess Margriet and / or her husband,Pieter van Vollenhoven.And since Prince Maurits was appointed his Adjutant on wednesday it is expected he too will be in attendance on behalve of the King at various occasions.Constantijn and Laurentien won't do a second Margriet & Pieter in terms of assistance,they prefer to keep their life as it is,only with exceptions being made and under review as they occur.Eventually Maurits and Marilène might represent more while the older generation retires more and more...all being in their 70's at present.And it will take at least another 9 years,as we all know,before any of the three Princesses are availeble for solo representation.For all the Obvious reasons Friso and Mabel will not represent.

Dutch King Willem-Alexander chats with International Monetary Fund (IMF) managing director Christine Lagarde during an audience at the Huis ten Bosch in The Hague, on May 6, 2013. Christine Lagarde, former French Finance minister, is in a two-day visit to the Netherlands.
(Photo credit should read ROBIN UTRECHT/AFP/Getty Images)

Picture gallery

HM King Willem-Alexander conveyed his sorrow and compassion with the family and friends and the people of Curacao on the murder of Korsou politician Wiels who was murdered on the Island last sunday.

HM King Willem-Alexander appointed Marco van Walstijn as Director ICT at his Court last week.A first,both the appointment in His Court as well the function of Director ICT in that frame.:)

HM received the Credentials of the Ambassador of Pakistantan today,HE Mr.Moazzam Ahmad Khan was the first Ambassador to present his Credentials to the new Monarch.The new Ambassador of Morocco,HE Mr.Bellouki,also presented his Credentials this morning.

Noordeinde Palace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more on ANP:

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1539862

He has a lot of family photos on his desk, and one with Nelon Mandela. I wonder what the flag with autographs is all about. It seems that this is still his old office. On one of the walls is a famous painting of Queen Beatrix by Märthe Röling.

Edit: the flag is a gift from Astronaut André Kuipers who took it with him in space. The signatures are of Kuipers and the rest of his team.

Last edited:
Today, King Willem-Alexander attended the opening of the renovated Ministery of Defence, the Plein-Kalvermarktcomplex, in The Hague, May 15, 2013.
PPE pictures PPE Agency

Nice to see that former PM Piet de Jong attended too! Let's hope that the megalomanic lion was only there for the opening.

Today, King Willem-Alexander attended the opening of the renovated Ministry of Economic Affairs in The Hague, May 22, 2013.
In 2001 the renovation started with the use of energy-saving and environmentally friendly materials.
PPE Pictures PPE Agency

King Willem-Alexander attended the celebrations for the 20th anniversary of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in Den Haag today, May 27, 2013.

** anp gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:

King Willem-Alexander has opened the Court of Appeal Arnhem Leeuwarden today, May 31, 2013.

** anp gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom