The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 01:19 AM
Nobility

I love the news clip, I think I'm starting to change my opinion about the name Marcela, it's sounds quite nice when W-A pronounces it.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:16 AM
Serene Highness

Woo...I'll have to watch that clip. I love the name! Congrats once again to the entire family!

Old 06-29-2005, 03:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amina1
I wonder why PMaxima didn't appear yet, I hope she is ok, she gave birth to 2wonderful girls.
She's probably just tired and isn't up for going out in public just yet.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by photofan
have anyone seen the video that I post????

Yes, I saw it. Thanks for the address.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amina1
I wonder why PMaxima didn't appear yet, I hope she is ok, she gave birth to 2wonderful girls.
Willem and the Dutch press release announcing Alexia's birth both said that Maxima is doing well; tired but well.

(As previously explained in this very thread) it is customary in the Dutch royal family that the wives do not appear within the first few days of giving birth (if at all) in official photographs or presentations. As was the recent cases of Margriet's sons, Bernhard Jr. and Maurits presented their newborn babies, Samuel and Felecia respectively, by themselves while Annette and Marilene were presumably getting some much deserved rest.

As Maxima is the future queen and Alexia is now third in line to the throne, and as was done previously with Amalia, Constantijn with both of his children and Johan Friso with Luana, we can expect a family picture (with the Queen) in the coming weeks.

I don't think that a lack of an appearance by Maxima is a sign that she isn't doing well. Childbirth is simply exhausting and I don't blame Maxima for not wanting to be photographed for all the world to see (not just family and friends) just hours after giving birth.

As an aside: With the recent Dutch royal baby boom being girls within the last few months (Luana, Felecia and now Alexia), I hope these three little girls will be close as it is obvious that their fathers are all close.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Name of Dutch baby princess raises eyebrows Wednesday, 29 June 2005 Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander registered on Tuesday the birth of his second daughter, Princess Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien, insisting she was named after himself and not after an illegitimate aunt.

Willem-Alexander, the Prince of Orange, registered the birth of the baby girl, born to his Argentine-born wife Maxima on Sunday, at The Hague municipality. She is third in line to the Dutch throne after her father and her sister Catharina-Amalia.

Alexia is also the name of the illegitimate French daughter of Willem-Alexander's grandfather Prince Bernhard.

Prince Bernhard, the German-born husband of the late Dutch Queen Juliana and the father of Queen Beatrix, only acknowledged Alexia's existence and that of another illegitimate daughter in an interview published after his death last year.

"She is named after me," Willem-Alexander was quoted as saying by news agency ANP, saying Alexia had been his wife's choice. "I know a lot of Alexias after whom she is not named."

The baby's second name Juliana was chosen due to the prince's grandmother, who also died last year. The third name Marcela is after a godmother of Princess Maxima and Laurentien after the wife of Willem-Alexander's brother Prince Constantijn.

In the Netherlands, boys and girls have the same rights to the throne. The current and past two monarchs have been queens.

Queen Beatrix's eldest son married Maxima Zorreguieta in February 2002. The match was controversial because Maxima's father served as a minister during Argentina's 1976-83 military dictatorship, but she has become one of the most popular royals.

Tue June 28, 2005 REUTERS
Old 06-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

A splash of orange turns sour

http://www.etoile.co.uk/cgi-bin/links/jump.cgi?ID=17891
Old 06-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince's baby named

http://www.themercury.co.za/index.ph...icleId=2604459
Old 06-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Big picture of princess Catharina-Amalia going to the hospital to visit her little sister princess Alexia :o
I didn't use to think Amalia was cute baby. Specially when she was around 12 months-old ,she was a little scary But she's growing and becoming a beautiful girl. That's what happens with a lot of children: they weren't beautiful babies but become beautiful kids.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Nobility

Could someone translate something for me? The nurses at Maxima's hospital posted a sign saying "gefeli ci teerd." Babelfish has let me down, and I'm hoping one of you will kindly translate. I don't want to miss a bit of this happy event!
http://www.anp-photo.com/portal/imag...peg&fsize=3852

http://http://www.anp-photo.com/port...peg&fsize=3852
Old 06-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

" gefeliciteerd " means congratulations
Old 06-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Found those pictures without captions, guess it's some kind of pastry made in honor of the newborn princess

From Colourpress
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alexia.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	164244   Click image for larger version

Name:	alexia2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	164245  
Old 06-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

What a lovely pastry, it looks wonderful - and of course the perfect decoration - an image of the new little Princess!
Old 06-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Commoner

Congratulations to the happy parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. What a beautiful baby!
Old 06-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
Dutch Baby princess named Alexia

28 June 2005 Expatica News
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...d=912&Itemid=2
Old 06-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
an article about the 2nd princess.

Dutch Princess Maxima gives birth to baby girl Sunday, 26 June 2005

Sun Jun 26, 2005 REUTERS
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...d=906&Itemid=2
Old 06-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

thanks for all the fotos and articles!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
Found those pictures without captions, guess it's some kind of pastry made in honor of the newborn princess

From Colourpress
Isn't that a lovely idea! I guess everyone is celebrating the birth of little Alexia. :)

Old 06-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Aristocracy

Those pastries look so yummy! Congrats to the happy family!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Heir Apparent

when christening for Alexia? maybe in August? or September?

Sara Boyce