It's a Princess! Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien: June 26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The name marcela comes from the godmother of maxima who is also her aunt ( sister of her mother):D

dutch royal said:
:) :) :) :) :D The names of the new Dutch Princess are: Princess Alexia Juliana Marcella Laurentien!!!!!!

Her Father just told the whole nation!!!!:D :D :D :D :D
Wow, what a pretty name. I love it!

I read on hola (spanish magazine) that Willem commented to the journalist that Maxima told him this sunday that she would like to name the baby, Alexia (like him, whose second name is Alexander) and he said that he needed to "assimilate it". What do you think he meant by that? looks like he needed to accept it but he was not fond of it.

Last edited:
Nice names. I really like the idea of using family names and names of those close to you. It gives the child and the person the child is named after a sense of belonging. I know that in my family were are all named after some one close or a family member. Myself, I was named after my grandmother, who I adore.

mtbcm said:
I love the names baby will receive. One by one. But alltogether doesn't sound so nice as Catharina-Amalia. Just my opinion, of course. Instead of Alexia I would have named her Alexandra, sounds better joined with the other names. But I think this varies with the pronunciation you give to words...Regards.

I agree with you all the way. Alexandra Juliana Marcela Laurentien would have sounded far nicer and regal.

I love all the names, specially Alexia. Maybe it doesn't sound regal now, but I guess she will become a really cute little girl and the name will sound more and more royal.

I love the name, but expected a more regal sounding name. It's great that W-A has a child named after him. I think Laurentien and Alexia will both be godmothers.

Alexia is a good name. Maxima, Amalia what will the name be if it was a boy..WillemA or Alex?

Attachments

• aangifte a.jpg
    aangifte a.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 4,268
  • alexia.jpg
    alexia.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 260
Over all the names are ok. I agree with Guest2003 Alexandra Juliana Marcela Laurentien would have been a much nicer (and regal) name than Alexia. Alexandra seems like a more truer derivative of Alexander.

It's nice to see "Laurentien" as a name.:)

Last edited:
Pictures from today part 1

Attachments

• zb.jpg
    zb.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 155
  • za.jpg
    za.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 164
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 231
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 162
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 178
This really lovely name.And the Princess is too cute.She'll become a pretty Princess.

More pictures from today part 2

Attachments

• zv.jpg
    zv.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 148
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 142
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 154
  • alex.jpg
    alex.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 215
  • present.jpg
    present.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 225
Isn't Alexia the name of one of Prince Bernhard Sr.'s other daughters, too?

Pretty names though -- Marcela is an interesting choice.

By which of the names she'll be known?

Catharina-Amalia is known as Amalia, prince Friso's daughter, Emma Luana is known as Luana.

As Juliana is her second name, that means that she'll be known as Princess Juliana?:confused:

Alexandria said:
Isn't Alexia the name of one of Prince Bernhard Sr.'s other daughters, too?

That's correct Alexandria!

Last edited by a moderator:
That'S a very cute name , i love it :)

It's a lovely name.

Interesting- Maxima wanted a child to be named for her husband. Could this mean they are not planning to have any more children?

Eliza

I like the names. I prefer names that end with "a", sound more girlish. :p

I like Marcella and Juliana and probably Laurentien will be one of the godmothers.

And WA seems the happiest dad in the world.

Alexandria said:
Isn't Alexia the name of one of Prince Bernhard Sr.'s other daughters, too? Pretty names though -- Marcela is an interesting choice.

Prince Willem-Alexander made it clear that his daughter, Alexia, was not named after his mother's half sister.

Princess Maxima's maternal aunt, Marcela Cerruti, is also her godmother. It has been reported that the two are very close.

I think they're planning to have more children. Just wait more two years and you will see another princess or perhaps a little prince!

Dutch Baby princess named Alexia javascript:void window.open('http:/...=640,height=480,directories=no,location=no'); Tuesday, 28 June 2005
willemmaximababyno2.jpg

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander registered the name of his second daughter as Alexia Juliana Marcella Laurentien in The Hague on Tuesday.

Argentine-born Princess Maxima gave birth to the child on Sunday.

As with the entry of the names of future Queen, Amalia, into the register 18 months ago, Prime Minister Jan Pete Balkenende and the vice-president of the Council of State Tjeenk Willink attended Tuesday's ceremony in the Oude Stadhuis.

Hague Mayor Wim Deetman and Henk Kokken jointly received Willem-Alexander's declaration of his second daughter's names.

Alexia Juliana is third in line to the Dutch throne after her sister Amalia and her father. She was born at 2.40pm on Sunday, weighing 3,490 grammes and was 50 centimetres in length.

28 June 2005 Expatica News

Is Princess Maxima close to her sister / half sisters? I ask this because she never named any of her children after them.

I love the name Alexia, I personally think it's a lot more refreshing than Alexandra. (In terms of modernity)
I also love the fact that they chose the names Laurentien and Juliana and as much as I love the fact that they chose the name Marcela in honor of Maxima's aunt, I'm not too sure it sounds nice when put together with her other names.

I love the name Alexia. I'm glad they didn't call her Alexandra, there are already so many royal/noble women with that name.

Guest2003 said:
Is Princess Maxima close to her sister / half sisters? I ask this because she never named any of her children after them.

She is close to her sister Ines, maybe there is a Ines in the name next time;)

How did Maxima meet the Prince?

How did MAxima meet the Prince?

I am very interested to know, how did Maxima meet the Prince?.
Does anyone know?

Anna_R said:
By which of the names she'll be known?

Catharina-Amalia is known as Amalia, prince Friso's daughter, Emma Luana is known as Luana.

As Juliana is her second name, that means that she'll be known as Princess Juliana?:confused:
No, she's known as Alexia.

I am not too fond of the name Alexia...I really would have like Emma Sophia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom