It's a Princess! Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien: June 26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great news about the little princess. Congratulations to the proud parents, grandparents and all of our Dutch friends on this forum!:)

Congratulations to the Dutch Royal Family. I can't wait to find out the names the new princess will be given. For me, the name Catharina-Amalia was a surprise,so I am really curious as to the new baby's. :D

baby really cute!

congrats to Maxima and Willem and Amaila but i think her daughter little jealous? or not!

Sara Boyce

ROYAL ARCHIVE

http://www.royalarchive.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=906&Itemid=2

Dutch Princess Maxima gives birth to baby girl Written by Angelina Sunday, 26 June 2005
maxima%20amalia%20willem%20alexander.jpg
Princess Maxima, the wife of Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, gave birth to a baby girl on Sunday, the third in line to the Dutch throne.

"We have another beautiful and healthy daughter," Willem-Alexander, the Prince of Orange, said in a statement.

In the Netherlands, boys and girls have the same rights to the throne. The current and past two monarchs have been queens. The girl will be third in line to the Dutch throne after her father and her sister Catharina-Amalia, born on December 7, 2003.

willemmaximababyno2.jpg
The couple have not yet decided on a name for the baby who was born in the early afternoon at the Bronovo hospital in The Hague weighing almost 3.5 kg (7.7 lbs). Television programmes were interrupted with the news of the birth.

Willem-Alexander, Queen Beatrix's eldest son and heir to the throne, married Argentinian-born Maxima Zorreguieta in Amsterdam in February 2002.

The marriage attracted controversy because Maxima's father served as agriculture minister during Argentina's 1976-83 military dictatorship when up to 30,000 people vanished or were killed. He was barred from the wedding.

But Maxima quickly became one of the most popular members of the royal family, mastering Dutch and adding a touch of glamour to the House of Orange-Nassau. Tens of thousands thronged the centre of Amsterdam for the wedding.

Willem-Alexander's younger brother Prince Johan Friso gave up his right to the throne to marry Mabel Wisse Smit because of her past contacts with a criminal.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 REUTERS

YAHOO NEWS

Dutch Princess Maxima Gives Birth to Girl
Sun Jun 26, 1:01 PM ET

THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Princess Maxima, the wife of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, gave birth Sunday to a healthy baby daughter, the Royal House said in a statement.

The new princess, whose name has not yet been chosen, becomes third in line to Queen Beatrix's throne after her father and her sister, Princess Catharina-Amalia, who was born on Dec. 7, 2003.

Maxima was in good spirits and gave birth in less than six hours of her arrival at the Bronovo hospital.

"I'm proud of my wife, who again did an excellent job," a beaming Willem-Alexander told reporters.

The newborn, which weighed 3.4 kilograms (7.69 pounds), was presented to the Dutch people on live television after an address by Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende.

Maxima, an Argentinean, has quickly become one of the most popular members of the Dutch royal house since she married Willem-Alexander in February 2002.

AP Photo: Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander shows his newborn second daughter after his Argentine wife Princess Maxima...

Last edited by a moderator:
from BRMB:
Early this morning Máxima and her newborn baby left hospital via the backdoor. She carried her in a maxi cosi to the waiting car. Willem-Alexander left via the front door. He seems to have stayed in hospital tonight. The family is back home at Villa De Eikenhorst now.

Oh, congratulations for WA and Maxima! I hope she would be named Juliana. :)

What is the story of the beautiful dress the little baby is wearing. Is it a tradition in the royal Dutch family?

More pictures

Attachments

• yb.jpg
    yb.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 234
  • yf.jpg
    yf.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 255
  • yg.jpg
    yg.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 247
  • yc.jpg
    yc.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 169
  • ya.jpg
    ya.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 217
  • yd.jpg
    yd.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 201
  • ye.jpg
    ye.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 214
WA will registrer his new daughter on tuesday 10.00.

Congratulations to the Royal Family!

Baby is gorgeous, looks like her sister when she was born. And seeing Amalia with her grandparents we are certain that her little sister will be gorgeous!
Now we can see why Maxima looked sooooo pregnant;) - A Big Baby!
Regards.

Girl Power!

Attachments

• welcome.JPG
    welcome.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 211
Any photos of Maxima and her little girl leaving hospital today morning?

Alexandra said:
She really is cute, the new little princess. She tries to "speak" herself, when Willwm-Alexander is presenting her. What a beautiful dress she has been dressed in.

I read in "Hello" that this dress was also the first dress of baby's father, Prince W-A and her big sister, princess Amalia.

:) :) :) unfortunally maxima and the baby left the hospital and 1 photographer was there and saw them leave. I don,t know if he made pictures but we must wait and see!!!

Congratulations to the family! and many blessings to the little baby girl.

all my congratulations for this lovely family!!

i loved the article that quoted willem when he was saying how proud he was of his wife! how lovely...

the new baby is a cutie. a lovely orange. :p :eek:

any news about the name?

marezdote said:
That is the picture Willem took!

Thanks marezdote for the information. I noticed that Polfoto has some pictures of the new baby and the photocaption credits Willem, too. Kinda cute!

NETHERLANDS ROYAL BABY
Polfoto 26-06-2005 This Picture was taken by Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander at Bronovo hospital in The Hague, on Sunday June 26, 2005, shows his second daughter, shortly after Princess Maxima, the prince's Argentine wife, gave birth. The new princess, whose name has not yet been chosen, becomes third in line to Queen Beatrix's throne after her father and her sister, Princess Catharina-Amalia. (AP Photo/RVD/Prince Willem-Alexander)

Congrats to the dutch royal family! The baby is really cute and I was right - it's a girl!

And WA will be dominated by women!

Congratulations! The baby is simply adorable! One more little girl to add to the mix!:)

Many congratulations and the best wishes for Maxima, Willem, Amalia and the cute little baby!

The pictures are very nice, thanks everyone for posting.

HELLO MAGAZINE ARTICLES

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/06/27/maximababy/
maxtit.gif

27 JUNE 2005

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his wife, Crown Princess Maxima, welcomed a daughter to their family over the weekend. And proud dad Willem-Alexander couldn't wait to share his joy with the world, introducing the newborn to press and well-wishers outside the hospital.

"Here she is," announced the crown prince as he showed off his beautiful girl, born one week early on Sunday at Bronovo Hospital in The Hague. The newest member of the family was bundled in the same dress that both he and Amalia donned when they were born.

"I'm proud of my wife, who again did an excellent job," said the grinning father-of-two.

As far as a name for the 7lb 7oz little princess, Willem-Alexander said he and his spouse "had not quite decided yet".

The new addition is third in line to the throne. Willem-Alexander and Maxima already have a daughter, Princess Amelia, who is 18 months old.

"Here she is," announced proud dad Willem-Alexander as she gave the world a first glimpse at the newest member of the Dutch royal family
Photo: © AFP

Click on photos to enlarge

The as-yet-unnamed baby girl was born on Sunday afternoon
Photo: © AFP

Last edited by a moderator:
There are rumours, that the name of the baby will be "Sophie Emma". You maybe remember, that we have heard of Catharina Amalia´s name BEFORE Willem registered her. Ppl in the dutch press have played with different names (as domains) and suddenly "Catharina Amalia" led them to the webpage of the court. This time this group in the press should have done the same:
http://members3.boardhost.com/Beneluxroyal/msg/152789.html

IMO this would be a lovely name...but I would prefer "Sophia Emma" or (even better) Emma Sophia (sounds better for me). Well, we have to wait and see...

Thanks everyone for the whole information and I wish the best for the new little princess and her family !! Congratulation:)

I suggested the names Maria Juliana Isabel Elise, but I guess that goes out the window now! Let's see...how about Sophie Emma Juliana Maria.

Many congratulations to the Dutch Royal Family, especially W-A, M, and C-A (who is looking cuter every day, and I laughed at the very cute story of the swimming pool, ha ha)!

I think it's a lovely gesture that W-A shows his children so soon after their birth, it makes people feel involved.

The baby looks so cute, and I think Sophie-Emma would be a lovely name for her. I really like the name Catharina-Amalia too, W-A and M seem to have a good taste in names! However, I thought that after the death of Juliana, and especially with Mabel and Marilene not using the name for their little girls, perhaps they were leaving the name for W-A and M's little girl? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom