It's a Girl - Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines: April 10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The name will be published in one or two days

And the baby will be shown on Wednesday morning ;)

Congratulations, happy for the couple, but hoped that it was a boy, i think it wouldve been nice to have a boy in the family, maybe next time ?! who know. I hope Maxima & the new born are doing fine

4135 gram and 52 centimeters

No idea if that is big or small.

Experts?

:lol:

9,11 pounds and 20,47 inches if I'm correct.

Last edited:
4135 gram
hm..

Woaw, that's a big baby girl .. I think. :flowers:
Can't wait to see her.:blush:

Very Healthy and

crm2317 said:
What are the baby's stats?

9,11 pounds and 20,47 inches

if I'm correct.

Yes it is quiet big, 4kg, ang 135g it's a lot, oawww.

that is quite big. But then she had a rather big bump! Where are posters finding these stats?

Never mind found it!

crm2317 said:
that is quite big. But then she had a rather big bump! Where are posters finding these stats?

Never mind found it!

It was said on the news and the Prince has let known via the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst, the Government Information Service:
"We are grateful for the birth of our perfectly healthy daughter."

Gynaecologist doctor mrs. M. Smeets en neonatologist doctor mrs. J. Kreijen-Meinesz have assisted the Princess.

The royal infant was born at 22.00 o'clock.

Queen Beatrix has arrived at Hospital Bronovo some 25 minutes ago, at 22.45 o'clock.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:

Experts?

Big enough Henri!! :flowers:.....Another future bearer of the great tiara collection of our Royal House,just imagine our gems of wee Princesses on their first Ball(s) in twenty years from now,oh good God,grant me the time.

The PM just announces the news,and that he already spoke to the newborn's parents and HM whom he discribes as an extremely happy grandmother..

Last edited:
Wow that's a big girl! But I'm not really surprised she's so big because Maxima got big kind of fast. Although the length of the baby isn't that long is it? About average I think!

Henri M. said:

Experts?

It's a very big baby, normally newborn babies weight around 3kg or 3,1/2 (6.6 or 7 pounds), as for the lenght she's fine

Henri M. said:
9,11 pounds and 20,47 inches

if I'm correct.

That is rather big but absolutely not healthy-threatening.
Wow, three daughters: I'm the eldest of a family of four daughters and I love it a lot.
Congrats to the couple! :flowers:

I think little Catharina will have quite a support system to help her throughout her life as a future queen. 2 sisters forever in her corner!

matrimonial monarchy

The Netherlands Royal House has a nice collection of jewels, but with five royal ladies in a new generation, we need to purchase some more sets!

:flowers:

(Máxima, Laurentien, Catharina-Amalia, Alexia and their sister)

The Netherlands are really becoming a Matrimonial Monarchy!!!

1890-1898 Queen Emma, the Regentess

1890-1948 Queen Wilhelmina

1948-1980 Queen Juliana

1980-???? Queen Beatrix

????-???? King Willem IV Alexander

????-???? Queen Catharina-Amalia

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
22h00 sur l'Hôpital Bronovo à La Haye.

:flowers:

Just to correct a little but this is not a big mistake : we would say "à l'hôpital Bronovo" :flowers:

Danielane said:
Just to correct a little but this is not a big mistake : we would say "à l'hôpital Bronovo" :flowers:

Ah merci beaucoup! :)

We won't see the baby tonight. It was announced by the RVD a few days ago (and repeated in the news-reports) that Alexia had cooled down a lot during the time she was presented by her father. Nothing to be concerned about, but it's why they decided that the people would have to wait at least 8 hours after the baby was born before she will be presented by her father to the public. So I think there will be a press conference with presentation around 10 on Wednesday April 11th (just my 2 cents though).

It also surprises me that no name has been announced yet. Perhaps Máxima and Willem-Alexander are trying to figure out how to call her. I just hope it won't be "Armgard".

Fie said:
We won't see the baby tonight. It was announced by the RVD a few days ago (and repeated in the news-reports) that Alexia had cooled down a lot during the time she was presented by her father. Nothing to be concerned about, but it's why they decided that the people would have to wait at least 8 hours after the baby was born before she will be presented by her father to the public. So I think there will be a press conference with presentation around 10 on Wednesday April 11th (just my 2 cents though).

It also surprises me that no name has been announced yet. Perhaps Máxima and Willem-Alexander are trying to figure out how to call her. I just hope it won't be "Armgard".

There won't be a name announced until it's registered at the City Hall. Which that will probably happen on Thursday.

Henri M. said:

Experts?

My first was 9lbs and 3oz. and she was 21 inches long.

My second was 10lbs. and 3oz. and he was 22 inches long. Now I gave birth by C-section both times and trust me my second one was not an easy delivery! Hat's off to Maxima is she did this naturally because this is a large baby!

I have a feeling that the newborn clothes will not fit this new baby. They'll need to jump up to the 3-6 month size by the end of the week. (At least this was the case with my two large newborns.;) )

Obliged to register the names within three working days

Netherlands Civil Law requires that the father (or someone on his behalf) has to register every child within three working days into the municipal registry.

Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia were both born on a Sunday evening. Their father registered them two days later, at Tuesday in the morning.

This is an official act, and because it is about a successor to the throne, the mayor himself officiates the registration ceremony, assisted by a clerk. And this registration must be done in the presence of the premier-minister on behalf of the Government and the vice-president of the Council of State (the 'viceroy') the Queen's main advisor and confidant (the Queen is president of the Council of State). (See picture)

So time is needed for preparations, make arrangements for the media, to fix a time in the agenda of the Prince, the mayor, the premier and the vice-president of the Council of State, to lay out the red carpet, to bring flower decorations in the City Hall, etc. That sort of stuff. The Dutch Royal House likes to do official things with a bit of decorum.

This is the Registration of Princess Catharina-Amalia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom