The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Video from ZDF

ZDF.de - Mediathek - Royaler Nachwuchs

I love the way WA described his daughter: "She's sleeping all the time and just wakes up to eat." Cute.
What a wonderful report by ZDF !

Old 04-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Nobility

I cannot believe Maxima, incrediable. If I would have given birth to a child of that size I would have needed alot of drugs.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maxima looks stunning and radient as ever even less than a day after giving birth! And to think that this time yesterday we were all only finding out she has just gone in! Where is the baby princess? Pictures of W-A leaving with bags and Maxima getting into the car but no baby lol! Did they leave her behind? (Im kidding of course)
Old 04-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl
I cannot believe Maxima, incrediable. If I would have given birth to a child of that size I would have needed alot of drugs.
In the Netherlands it is very exceptional to give sedation during deliveries.
The general 'belief' or 'tradition' is that a mom 'should' endure the pain because it would create an unbreakable bond for life. Something like that.

3/4 of all Dutch babies are born at home, by a midwife and eventually the own general doctor. This is the highest rate of home deliveries in the developed world. I don't know why the Netherlands are so different in this.

Princess Máxima could have given birth at home, but she wanted to be ready for all eventualities.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty
She is at home after just 24 hours, after a birth without sedation! Wow Maxima you are inhuman!!!!

In most hospitals in Denmark you are also released after 24 hours and some places after 48
Old 04-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
Maxima looks stunning and radient as ever even less than a day after giving birth! And to think that this time yesterday we were all only finding out she has just gone in! Where is the baby princess? Pictures of W-A leaving with bags and Maxima getting into the car but no baby lol! Did they leave her behind? (Im kidding of course)
While the Prince left at the front side, the Princess used the emergency entrance at the backside. This time unsuccesful (because a picture was made). The baby was with a nurse or a nanny in the Princess' car. So daddy and mummy drove in separate cars back to the royal estate De Horsten near The Hague, were their private villa is located.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

well if Maxima is home already thats great to hear, the girls will spend good time with there new sister & close to their mother. I would rather wait 48hrs after haveing my baby to go home. everyone takes things differently, she is a strong women.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooky
Hey, picture of Máxima leaving the hospital on HOLA magazine from Spain

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007.../maxima-5a.jpg
she is looking as good as she usually does, actually she looks like she just walked out of a shop or resturant. very radiant.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
In the Netherlands it is very exceptional to give sedation during deliveries.
The general 'belief' or 'tradition' is that a mom 'should' endure the pain because it would create an unbreakable bond for life. Something like that.

3/4 of all Dutch babies are born at home, by a midwife and eventually the own general doctor. This is the highest rate of home deliveries in the developed world. I don't know why the Netherlands are so different in this.
I recently read that the Netherlands has one of the highest rates of baby deaths and childbirth deaths in the European Union. However, that statistic is not related to sedation/non-sedation. But home births could be a contributing factor. Sorry for getting off topic.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

beautiful pictures of the proud father with his new little angel - anp pictures
Old 04-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know when photos of the entire family posing with the new baby might be published?

I think after Amalia and Alexia they posed for pictures at home shortly after the birth.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenia8
I recently read that the Netherlands has one of the highest rates of baby deaths and childbirth deaths in the European Union. However, that statistic is not related to sedation/non-sedation. But home births could be a contributing factor. Sorry for getting off topic.
Indeed, but this statistic is still the lowest rate of deathbirths etc. in the world but is higher when compared with other countries with more hospital deliveries.

Not also that Dutch moms are amongst the eldest in the world ánd that the Dutch have a high rate on twins, triplets, etc. (also in connection with advanced age).
Old 04-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
It is only requested for official or public buildings (town halls, police stations, schools, etc.) but here and there you can see private flag flying indeed.

The 'open' flag flying is only three days a year:
- Queen's Day (April 30th) with an orange pennant
- Remembrance Day (May 4th) at halfmast from 18.00 until sundown)
- Liberation Day (May 5th)
- in The Hague only: Princes' Day (3rd Tuesday in September)

On these days there is a lot of flag flying in the streets.
Thank you Henri M.

I was always sure that the answer will be given by you!Thanks to you we can get "fresh impressions" from Netherlands.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Maxima go to home

LOS HEREDEROS DE HOLANDA, CON SU TERCERA HIJA, DE VUELTA A CASA

She is amazing woman!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas
She is very very cute. I love this costume of the father present the baby to the press without the mother. CONGRATULATION ONCE AGAIN!
The costume is a so-called 'presentation-gown', not to be confused with a baptismal gown.

It is a lace gown first used in 1880 for the presentation of Princess Wilhelmina, the great-great-grandmother of the little baby.

The sik cushion with a lace overlay was first used in 1909 for the presentation of Princess Juliana, the great-grandmother of the little baby.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Royal Highness

Registration of the Princess

The Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (RVD / Government Information Service) has issued the following communiqué:

On Friday April 13th 2007 at 10.00 o'clock His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange will officially register the birth of his daughter. The registration will be done in the Old City-Hall at the Greenmarket (follow the link for pictures) in The Hague.

The registration ceremony will be attended by prof. dr. J.P. Balkenende LL.M, the premier-minister and by mr. H.D. Tjeenk Willink LL.M, vice-president of the Council of State.

The Deputy Mayor of The Hague, mrs. J. Klijnsma M.A will officiate the registration, assisted by a clerk from the municipal registry .

RVD, 11.04.2007, 15.34 o'clock.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

If you doesn't saw it - here you go video of WillemAlexander and little one (all on Dutch)
NOSJOURNAAL - Willem-Alexander doet vrijdag aangifte

and another
NOS Headlines - Blij met nieuwe prinses! - Nieuws

about her name
NOSJOURNAAL - Hoe gaat het prinsesje heten?
Old 04-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
I can't see the photo of Maxima leaving the hospital, because somehow my computer can't enter Hola!'s site !! So annoying !!

Could anyone please save the picture and photobucket it, so I can see it? Please ? Thank you in advance.
Try here
Glittering Royal Events Message Board: Princess Maxima left the hospital
Old 04-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Commoner

C-section?

Has P. Maxima not given her first bith under c-section, and the second too?
And was the third child born, by a "normal- birth"?

Sorry IM confused a little bit now...

Closed Thread