It's a Girl - Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines: April 10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, one could assume that naturally just means that the child was born through the birth canal and not with surgery. Although most people would assume that this means that there were no drugs, that is not a fact all of the time. And unfortunately, we are not in a position to make that determination I think.

Congratulations!!!

If you try this link De Telegraaf-i
you can see a bigger picture of Maxima and the little newborn princess leaving the Bronove...

BurberryBrit said:
What is the normal timeline for a christening after birth?

Probably this new dutch princess will be christened after the yet unborn Infanta of Spain and the Prince/Princess of Denmark. in Spain the christening es rather fast mostly 4-5 weeks after the birth (the only exeception from the Kings grandchildren where Felipe de Marichalar and Infanta Leonor) and in Denmark around 3 months after the birth. Th dutch royal family waits longer, Princess Amalia was christented 6 months after her birth and Princess Alexia 5 months after birth and Frisos daughter where christened when the have been already 9 months old.

Aright quite possibly this is a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anway. When it came time for the presentation I understand there was a feed on NOS. And I watched some stuff concerning the birth. But my biggest problem was not knowing what to look for. I mean word wise. I was having trouble really knowing exactly what to click on to get to the presentation b/c of my language barrier I don't know any Dutch. So my question is whether anyone might know the terms or words that I need to be looking for in order to get the right feed tomorrow for the registration of the name?

Any clues anything might help.

As someone said: there's no stupid questions.

Two ways when it can be on nos, I think:

NOS Headlines - Home - you choose what you want see, and than you press triangle under the video
NOSJOURNAAL - similar as before.

I hope it help you somehow.

Here's a link to a Dutch-English online dictionary. You could look for words like "aangifte", "naam bekendmaken", "het prinsesje heet", etc.

Last edited:
they told in the media (here in Germany) that Amalia was born by a c-section.
I wonder what german media claimed that because it just is not true. As was said: it was a natural delivery with Amalia and that was no secret. She left hospital six hours after giving birth (which in itself is proof there was no c-section)

Just like it's a myth Queen Beatrix CHOSE to have c-sections. She had a medical condition which made a c-section with WA absolutely necessary - he was more than two weeks late and inducing labor did not work - and in those days you had no choice but to have next babies born with c-section as well.

Aurora810 said:
Thanks magnik and Coquine. I was just thinking about an online dictionary. And the headlines link helps a lot I think I'll definitely be able to find it in the morning. But with the presentation I was at NOS but I followed a different link and I was just stuck on the wrong page since I didn't know any Dutch to get myself out of the mess. I was clicking on random things and it was getting worse or actually I was going in a circle. Thanks to both of you.

I think I might take some Dutch language classes.

Well, until you manage to speak Dutch well enough :) I'll give you this tip:
if you go to the nos site, NOSJOURNAAL, the right hand side you'll see the title "MEDIATHEEK" - there, click on Journaal 24, I have it open right now and it says "Aangifte geboorte prinses" (registration of the princess' birth) and they're going to broadcast it live. ;-)
Hope you can watch it!

Aurora810 said:
Thank you so so so very much you are awesome!

Oooohhhh well.....!! :)

I just tried this:

nl.wwiTV.com - De ultieme gids voor live Internet TV uitzendingen.

There I looked for Netherlands, and when that window with TV channels opened, I clicked NOS Journaal, and it automatically opened my media player and I have the news live now. The other link I gave you is frozen for the moment, they're apparently going to go live at 10 or a few minutes before ten. Check both just in case.... Good luck! :)

Oh, last minute: they said next broadcast will start at 9:45 with the "aangifte" (registration) ceremony....

Last edited:
HRH Princess Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Inez,Princess of The Netherlands,Princess of Orange-Nassau.
:flowers: :wub:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
I knew Maxima needed to get her name in there.

Arianne Wilhemina Maxima Inés!!

I got my link to work just as he was about to say it! I am so glad they put Maxima in the name:wub:

Is it Ariane or Arianne? Two Ns or just one?

De jongste dochter van kroonprins Willem-Alexander en prinses Máxima heet Ariana Wilhelmina Máxima Inez.

Source: nos.nl

morhange said:
Is it Ariane or Arianne? Two Ns or just one?

It seems to be ARIANA ... with one n and an a at the end ;)

i think it will be Ariana not Ariane when the spelling comes out

Well, let's wait for Henri M. to post the official news bulletin and we'll see how those names are spelt :)

Inés would be the Spanish spelling....

ooooo, I like! Both Ariana and Ariane are gorgeous!

I like the name! And they kept with the A's

Ariane.... I'm not sure about this name-choice yet... It's not my favourite name, but I think I'll get used to it. ;)
I'm glad they chose Wilhelmina as one of the names..:)

On the website of the NOS, it is spelled Ariane.

In the news site nu.nl they spell it "Ariane Wilhemina Máxima Inez" ...

I like Ariana it fits with the rest of the family. Does it have any royall history, what about Ines?

I love this name, and I thought it could be a possibility except for the whole nazi affiliation with the word arian..

but i am very happy, Amalia, Alexia and Ariana, just lovely!

The name is already spelled out on the NOS site it is spelled Ariane.

Pooky said:
In the news site nu.nl they spell it "Ariane Wilhemina Máxima Inez" ...

I'm wondering about this :ohmy: At nos.nl there was first written ARIANA and now they they ARIANE, too

Will Ines be a godmother I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom