It's a Girl - Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines: April 10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely baby. :flowers: After some posters made suggestions that baby's name might be starting with A, like her older sisters, I have feeling it might be true.

BTW it is hard to be a royal parent or a royal baby. Price W-A has to appear in suit and pose to pics, even baby has to pose to pics.:lol: Wouldn't they just prefer to go home and tell all reporters to give them brake.;)

Lakshmi said:
BTW it is hard to be a royal parent or a royal baby. Price W-A has to appear in suit and pose to pics, even baby has to pose to pics.:lol: Wouldn't they just prefer to go home and tell all reporters to give them brake.;)

Deep down they might want to just be left alone. But the royals are very popular in the Netherlands and I think this is what is expected and I think the royals understand and want to invite the public to see the baby. But it's important to note that not all Royal houses do it this way. For example the Norwegian royals just snuck M-M and baby Sverre out the back while Haakon distracted the press and gave a press conference. They then released pics from their home. So it was done a little different but still quite satisfying to see the pics and the press conference. Just a different way of doing things.

Henri M. said:

Yeah, the prince is fond of making funny remarks. The gynaecologist mentioned that during the delivery he made some jokes :)

carlota said:
beautiful photos of the presentation!

when will the name be announced? i think he announced the name of amalia and alexia during the presentation, didn't he?

Netherlands Civil Law requires that the father (or someone on his behalf) has to register every child within three working days into the municipal registry.

Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia were registered two days after their birth. (See picture)

Some time is needed for preparations, make arrangements for the media, to fix a time in the agenda of the Prince, the mayor, the premier and the vice-president of the Council of State, to lay out the red carpet, to bring flower decorations in the City Hall, etc. That sort of stuff. The Dutch Royal House likes to do official things with a bit of decorum.

This is the Registration of Princess Catharina-Amalia.

Last edited:
OMG. Congrat's to Maxima and WA. Beautiful baby girl. I'm sure he's not intimidated living in a house full of women ;) all that female attention. Was she born on the 10th or the 11th?

April 10th / at home again

flctylu said:
OMG. Congrat's to Maxima and WA. Beautiful baby girl. I'm sure he's not intimidated living in a house full of women ;) all that female attention. Was she born on the 10th or the 11th?

Tuesday April 10th 2007, in the City of The Hague (the Netherlands) at 22.00 o'clock (10.00 a.m.).
Like her tow elder sisters, also this royal infant was born on the Willem-Alexander Maternity Ward of the Hospital Bronovo in The Hague.

---------------

In the meantime the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (State Information Service) has informed that the Princess and the youngborn infant have left the Hospital Bronovo in The Hague and are now back home at De Eikenhorst, their private villa on the royal estate De Horsten.

Last edited:
I had the possibility to see the press presentation of the baby on television this morning (they showed her rather early, around 8.15, maybe so it would be possible for many Dutch to see the little one before they went to work).

First the two doctors came and talked to the press. They spoke of a 'royal'delivery: Maxima was very cool-headed and everything went rather quietly and easy. One of the doctors also commented that the prince behaved well to and used a lot of humor (the prince later said that the jokes were only made before the arrival of the child, not during as that would most probably not be appreciated).

There was much more staff in the hospital to watch the prince showing the baby to the press then the last two times. It was nioce to see that the crownprince also posed for them and not only for the press.

According to the prince Maxima did a fantastic job. They couldn't decide what part of the family the child resembled most but the nose was definately from his side of the family.

The baby only woke up once during the night, which gave the PoO hopes for the future.

Alexia and Amalia weren't told yet that the baby was born and they won't come to the hospital either. Later today they will all go to Villa Eikenhorst where the two girls can see their new sister themselves. They sensed that there was something happening though, as Amalia was ratehr restless yesterday (when WA left for the hospital) and the girls were dressing up dolls.

-
I believe Maxima's mother came and definately left the hospital on her own (without her husband). She anwsered the cheers of the public with a 'dank je wel' (thank you), in Dutch.

At the press conference today, they asked the Prince if they'd go for the boy and he said they're quite happy as they are for the moment...

Congratulations!
And only one question- why the presentation was made so fast? I mean why they didn't wait 1 or 2 days for princess Maxima? It will be a photo of whole family.

zarat said:
Congratulations!
And only one question- why the presentation was made so fast? I mean why they didn't wait 1 or 2 days for princess Maxima? It will be a photo of whole family.
The Dutch Royals always do it like this:
The Crown Prince presents his new child a few hours after the birth.
Some days later there will be photos of the whole family. :flowers:

What a sweetheart! Those pictures just make you say awww, and melt. So cute!

Two sidebar points: 1) Queen Beatrix looked lovely when she came to visit Maxima and Baby Netherlands, really happy, but those black trousers and black wrap- stylish and pretty!

2) Is it just me, or is Willem-Alexander's hair looking darker these days? He was much more a light blonde before, and now he is rather tawny.

For those who want to congratulate the couple themselves, the court has opened a congratulations register on the website of the royal house:

Het Koninklijk Huis

--

The court just announced that Maxima, the Prince of Orange and the new baby just arrived home at Villa Eikenhorst.

--

Congratulations are pouring in from all sides of Dutch society. Chariman of the 2nd chamber,Gerdi Verbeet contgratulated the couple on behalf of the Dutch parlament. Among the first who sent their congratulations were the joint (catholic) bisshops. The little girl already received a set of popular characters of the 80-ties and 70-ties children show 'Meneer de Uil', they also gave a set to all the other children that stayed in the hospital at the time of birth.

-

I didn't see this link here yet, so here a clip of the press presentation by the prince at Bronovo hospital by NOS: NOSJOURNAAL - Trotse prins toont dochtertje

does anyone know if they've brought her home yet?

yes, they went home this morning.

Marengo said:
yes, they went home this morning.

It's not even been 24 hours, right? It seems rather too soon for me, but I guess that this is normal here in the Netherlands, if there are no complications and mother and child are alright...

I have a question for the Dutch members: this morning on TV, in the intro preceding the presentation of the new baby at the hospital, they showed images of the family in Lech, I think, with baby Alexia crying her eyes out after falling in the snow. The presenter remarked something that I didn't get, about Maxima kissing the girl's hand where it hurt as if it were something strange? Did anyone see it?
Sorry if it's a bit out of topic...

Last edited:
I think he/she (Jeroen van der Westelaken or Astrid Kerseboom) commented about how cold the snow must have felt for little Alexia. I don't recall any other remark about it, but I only put on the television a few minutes before the presentation itself.

-
BTW Many funny comments in online newspapers about the Prime Ministers speech, esp. how he looked (his smile seemed somewhat forced).

Marengo said:
I think he/she (Jeroen van der Westelaken or Astrid Kerseboom) commented about how cold the snow must have felt for little Alexia. I don't recall any other remark about it, but I only put on the television a few minutes before the presentation itself.

-
BTW Many funny comments in online newspapers about the Prime Ministers speech, esp. how he looked (his smile seemed somewhat forced).

Thanks Marengo, I thought the remark was about Máxima's gesture :wub: Thing is, we in Argentina and I guess Spain too, have this ritual of singing a cute song and kissing the fingers, or whatever hurts, when a kid falls down or has a little accident, and I thought they found that strange. :wub:

Last edited:
Just saw on nu.nl that the baby will be registered at the Town Hall in The Hague on Friday morning, so I guess we'll have to wait till then to know what they're going to call her :)

How unfortunate, to get your name on friday the 13th... well, at least it won't her birthday.

zarat said:
I have one question for rappresentatives of Dutch nation- are ordinary people hoisting the national flag to celebrate the birth of little princess?

It is only requested for official or public buildings (town halls, police stations, schools, etc.) but here and there you can see private flag flying indeed.

The 'open' flag flying is only three days a year:
- Queen's Day (April 30th) with an orange pennant
- Remembrance Day (May 4th) at halfmast from 18.00 until sundown)
- Liberation Day (May 5th)
- in The Hague only: Princes' Day (3rd Tuesday in September)

On these days there is a lot of flag flying in the streets.
:flowers:

there is a picture of princess maxima leaving the hospital she looks radiant on the hola site

She is at home after just 24 hours, after a birth without sedation! Wow Maxima you are inhuman!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom