It's a Girl - Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines: April 10, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MissSaga said:
I'm sorry, but I just can't pronounce it "A-ree-a(a)nn", or "Aryan"( that just reminds me of Hitler:ermm:).

In my head she is princess A-ree-ann-E. :flowers: (Like you would pronounce it in Spanish)
In Spanish we pronounce it ARIANA, all the A are pronounced the same way, like in the english word CUT

Ariana is a beautiful name !!!!!!!!

Congrats for all Netehrlands Kingdom!

And now, the girl's name..."Ariane" seems a little odd to me. It's beatiful, but just odd...For I do not know such a name, nor in English, nor in Spanish. Yes, I know "Ariadne" an "Ariadna"...But "Ariane" and "Ariana"? I've never heard those...:rolleyes:

Vanesa.

rosana said:
In Spanish we pronounce it ARIANA, all the A are pronounced the same way, like in the english word CUT

it's actually not the same phoneme, it would be more like A as in CAT (animal), R, I as in (rEEf), A as CAT again, N, E as in EMMA.

i actually like their version, ariane, much more than ariadna, ariadne, ariana... it makes it look different.

the two " A" are indeed like the u in cut, but the "e" is like the "e" in best.

rosana said:

How pronounced the name of Ariane in dutch... and I want to know how pronounce Catharina-Amalia or Amalia and Alexia

Thanks

I think the older girls are Cah-tha-ree-na Ah-ma-lee-ah and Ah-leeks-ee-uh, and the new baby's name is pronounced Ah-ree-ahn

check out the video of the registration of Ariane, and you will hear WA repeat the name twice. (it's about in the middle of the video, after the man speaks)

The way he pronounces it makes it sound that the name is Ariaan instead of Ariane. He fails to pronounce the 'e' in the end, twice. But as another poster noted on the Benelux MB, he also mispronounced Wilhelmina and made it sound like 'Willemina' (sounds less heavy).

lucien said:
There's still the New Crown parure with the Stuart diamond and the Mellerio ruby parure and several others left for the then granny's in the family,by that time.14 Years from now and onwards(Amalia will turn 18 in 2021:ohmy: ),we"ll know,God willing.
:flowers:

The Stuart parure...now that will be the day! I am hoping on a reintroduction by Maxima on the occassion of her husbands enthronement, but I fear that she will go for less grand jewelry. I have given up all hopes of Beatrix wearing that one.

If Maxima is not going to wear the devant corsage of the Melliero Ruby parure (Beatrix sure isn't) they might want to make a tiara out oof the stones, like Queen Ingrid did to one or two old devant corsages of Queen Alexandrine. It would of course mean the break up of an historical piece, but I dislike good jewels going to waste in the vaults even more. And now to get this post back to the topic: such a tiara would be lovely for Princess Ariane to wear in the future.... ;)

Sigh, I would be happy to see them come out of the vault on anyone's had at this point. Well,, almost anyones head.

Princess of Monaco said:
How pronounced the name of Ariane in dutch... and I want to know how pronounce Catharina-Amalia or Amalia and Alexia

Thanks
I heard Willem and Maxima pronounce Amalia and Alexia the same as in Spanish, every A is pronounced the same way

Wow! Very nice web blog although I don't understand it.

What a pity I can't read this interesting blog! But it is excellent. The photos are of great quality...Oh...How beatiful the little Princess is! She is similar to her sisters, but, of course she has an expression of her own! ;)

Vanesa.

Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines

All those names are so beautiful!!!!!! I think it is so beautiful that they kept the pattern of "A" names for all their children. I don't know much about dutch or spanish culture, but according to the research I done on baby names, names start with "A" has two different type of representative meanings.

1) represent the desire or a wish for the children to start life and start everything in life in first place - in a simple term, hoping they (the children) will victories in everything they do in their lives.

2) represent the desire of hoping the presence or the birth of this child will bring joy to the child's father - in a simple term is hoping the child will share a close relationship with the father.

Well, that's what I learn from some of the baby name books anyway. In regard to how truthful it is, I have no clue. But I just thought it is very interesting facts and would like to share these information with someone! What do you guys think? I am interesting to hear all your comment or to hear what other people would say about the representative meaning behind names that start with "A"!!!!

Anyway, CONGRATULATION to dutch people and dutch royal family and most of all CONGRATULATION to Maxima and WA!!!!!!!! It must be a wonderful thing to welcome an other children into their lives!!!!!!

OH and I think Ariane is a very very beautiful girl!!!!!!!She is so cute!!!!! :lol: :flowers: :wub:

LadyK said:
check out the video of the registration of Ariane, and you will hear WA repeat the name twice. (it's about in the middle of the video, after the man speaks)
WA's voice sounded like he was a little bit nervous...he seemed he was trying to regain breath after pronouncing each name! :)

The Queen has announced the birth of the new royal infant

I think we have missed this tradition in this thread: the Queen announcing a birth, a marriage or a death in the State Gazette.

See this picture:

The text of the announcement reads as follows:

With joy I announce You herewith
that my son Willem-Alexander
and my daughter-in-law Máxima
have become the parents
of a daughter yesterday.
I share in their great
happiness and gratitude.

Beatrix____________________________________

Last edited:
Oh but ofcourse.Thank you for posting Henri.

Thanks for the announcement Henri! And for the photos bozena! Can't wait for a photoshoot!

The Royal couple already has 3 daughters! I'd like to know if there's the forth baby coming soon.....

Alamak said:
The Royal couple already has 3 daughters! I'd like to know if there's the forth baby coming soon.....

Well, Maxima just had her third child about 1-2 weeks ago, I think we'll have to wait a while for the fourth if they plan on having another one.

Time to close this thread. Ariane will from now on be covered by her own current events thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom