Issues Related to Jorge Zorreguita's Role in the Videla Regime

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3 people have filed a complaint in Rotterdam against Jorge Zorreguieta today.

Aangifte tegen vader van prinses Máxima :: nrc.nl

the document:
http://www.nrc.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/c110902-Aangifte-definitief.pdf

He is accused of letting people disappear during the Videla regime.

The complained has been filed in the name of Ewa and her mother Alejandra Slutzky and by Matte Mourik. Mourik is the son of diplomat van Maarten Mourik, who tried to file a simular thing in 2001. Alejandra's father Samuel Slutzky, who was arrested in 1977 and never heard of again.

I believe that this compaint means that legally Mr. Zorreguieta has to be arrested when he comes to The Netherlands.

To be continued...

This is absolute bullocks! And ofcourse he will never be arrested when he comes to The Netherlands.It would be hypocrisy to a fault. Miss Slutzky stated: :' Every time Queen Beatrix waves and smiles it is Jorge Zorreguieta waving and smiling...." The hypocrisy on the matter is so rife,she decided to stay for that alone and have a go in the media and what not. Any ruling by any dutch court will be utterly rediculous and show what blithering hypocrites are. We always had warm and very strong bonds economically with Argentina, always, also also during the Videla regime. So how rediculous is it to first hold up your hand and cash in on the regime, and then tell they were naughty boys?

This is just another stunt by some overzealous new lawyer woman thing who wants some more spotlights by lack of any other attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dutch attorny generals office has decided not to prosecute Jorge Zorreguieta.

OM vervolgt Jorge Zorreguieta niet

Not a surprise, this was predicted when the lawyers started this case (to get publicity for their law firm?).

According to the OM there are no signs that Jorge Zorreguieta knew about the disappearences of people. Neither can it be said that he was involved with them.

---
Considering it is odd that an Argentinean citizen can be trialed in The Netherlands for crimes commited in Argentina, I am happy with this decision. Perhaps the behind the lawsuit can try to get justice in Argentina?

The leader of the labour party just responded in a debate for the elections to a question about Jorge Zorreguietta. According to Mr. Samson it should be possible for mr. Zorreguietta to attend an eventual enthronement. This is curious since only one year ago a member of the labour party said that that would not be possible.

What happened to the reasons he could not attend the wedding of his daughter?

They went out of the window it seems. Still, if the enthronement happens during mr. Zorreguieta's lifetime I hope mr. Zorreguieta will decline to attend himself, that way we can evade a long discussion about the topic & a stream of negativity around such a national event.

indeed.

They went out of the window it seems. Still, if the enthronement happens during mr. Zorreguieta's lifetime I hope mr. Zorreguieta will decline to attend himself, that way we can evade a long discussion about the topic & a stream of negativity around such a national event.QUOTE]

Well her father has never been prosecuted in any court in Argentina or The Netherlands, and the Dutch government maintained good relations with the Videla regime during its years in power so it would seem rather hypocritical at this stage of the game for the Dutch to deny him attendance at his son in laws future investiture. He has already attended the baptism of his granddaughters in The Netherlands without any great uproar.

The way that was spinned was that the baptism was a private event, and at the time of the wedding the Prime Minister already said that Mr. Zorreguieta was not a persona non grata. He also attended the 40th birthdays of his son-in-law and daughter. An enthronement will of course be a state event. So for that the same logic as was used in 2002 should be applied, nothing changed in the mean time in regards to Mr. Zorreguieta's past, as was written in the report by Michiel baron Baud.

If the baptisms were a private family event why were they broadcast on television and why have state officials in attendance? 10+ years after the marriage no charges have ever been filed against him in his home country or in The Natherlands. So far his crime seems to be that he was a Minister in a government that the Dutch government maintained full diplomatic and trade relations with. Do the Dutch feel guilty that they never imposed any sanctions of their own against the Argentine junta?

It is of no importance that the baptism of Ariane was on tv.

Holland has always been tolerant through the centuries, they accepted fugitive jews and catholics (very often the elite) not in the first place because of moral reasons or christian charity but because it was just plain good business.

The role of our royals, that is the reason why I feel patriotic when I see them and sing Oranje boven is because they stand for the best of Holland, that of which we are proud.

What happened during the Videla regime is entirely un-Dutch and on state occasions he should not be present.

I might not have put this well because I am in a hurry, but basically that is how I see it.

If the baptisms were a private family event why were they broadcast on television and why have state officials in attendance? 10+ years after the marriage no charges have ever been filed against him in his home country or in The Natherlands. So far his crime seems to be that he was a Minister in a government that the Dutch government maintained full diplomatic and trade relations with. Do the Dutch feel guilty that they never imposed any sanctions of their own against the Argentine junta?

There were some articles in the press about a new/old (hard to keep track) against mr. Zorreguieta the last days. However the Argentinian examining magistrate Daniel Rafacas said that the situation has not changed and for now mr. Zorreguieta will not be prosecuted. Rafacas says that the lawyer of the victims may have another point of view, but with the current evidence a trial will be out of the question.

Zorreguieta voorlopig niet vervolgd - Home - Trouw.nl

Last edited:
It is a bit sad though, for Maxima and WA, to not have her Dad there. Like her wedding (though Claus was around), April 30 is going to be a big day for her. A Dad is an important figure in a persons life and it's a little heartbreaking to not have him there for the wedding or inauguration.

It is a bit sad though, for Maxima and WA, to not have her Dad there. Like her wedding (though Claus was around), April 30 is going to be a big day for her. A Dad is an important figure in a persons life and it's a little heartbreaking to not have him there for the wedding or inauguration.

Somethings cannot be forgotten or forgiven and if his biggest penalty is that he could not attend a wedding or an inauguration he should count himself lucky. He can watch it on tv or online if he is interested. April 30th is a state occassion and not a private family event. Luckily Maxima is astute enough to avoid the controversy before it could begin.

Last edited:
I completely agree. There were riots over the lack of housing at Beatrix's investiture and I'm sure the DRF, government and police would like to not see a repeat. Quite likely there would be protests if Jorge were present.

It is what it is. Maxima is a class act. She knows her father brings problems, so she does what she has to.

I have read reports that the Argentinians don't understand why her parents cannot be invited to such an event. Has it been so long that they do not recall what life was like under the junta or perhaps it is generally not known he was a minister in that dictatorship?

You play, you pay. Something like the Nazis, ecept many of them didn't pay.

I do not know about the Argentinians but as far as the Dutch are concerned I think that they in general do not care or understand why Zorreguieta will not be present at the wedding.

I have read reports that the Argentinians don't understand why her parents cannot be invited to such an event. Has it been so long that they do not recall what life was like under the junta or perhaps it is generally not known he was a minister in that dictatorship?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom